TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want to drop the rear 1/2" any springs for that ?

ctozzi

Gentleman. It's Saturday night late...I've been thinking of this tonight for you all.

The measurement between my fenderlip and the frt. tire is 2 1/4" both sides. The rears are between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 right to left, respectively. Weird? Any way that is with H & R rear (only's) to level the car out. Again, I bought in April '07 for the purpose discussed with them at Maximum Motorsports, to 'level' the car. It was the first mod I ever did, as I hated the original 'jacked-up' stance of the stock 500's!

Here is a decent pic. showing my car's stance...

Bikeboy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steeltown, that sucks can you post a side shot so we can see the 1/8 difference please, if it's barely noticeable I might stick with the Roush set. My install shop was closed last week so mine never went in, they are in my side garage waiting. Now I might order the H&R setup if it looks all wierd.

Ctozzi, I didn't mean to worry ya... It just wasn't what I was expecting. I wanted a 1/2"-3/4" drop... no more than 7/8". What I got was exactly a 1" drop, which would have worked, but it raised the front up slightly... about 1/16". The results were that the rear (driver's side) is lower than the front by about 1/16", and the passenger side by 1/8". Can you notice it...? Definitely NO... only by measuring. I just wanted a slight rake... about 1/4". All in all... I'd say that the Roush set-up did level the car, but it wasn't what I wanted. While I do not have any pics of the stands as I removed them immediately, I do have some pic of them... one on the car, which I'll be posting in the F/S section. I actually bought them off SVTTIM and painted them red to match my car, even though you really can't see them... BTW, the install was very easy... however, doing it twice was a PIA, especially the time wasted prepping and painting them.

Gentleman. It's Saturday night late...I've been thinking of this tonight for you all.

The measurement between my fenderlip and the frt. tire is 2 1/4" both sides. The rears are between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 right to left, respectively. Weird? Any way that is with H & R rear (only's) to level the car out. Again, I bought in April '07 for the purpose discussed with them at Maximum Motorsports, to 'level' the car. It was the first mod I ever did, as I hated the original 'jacked-up' stance of the stock 500's!

Here is a decent pic. showing my car's stance...

Bikeboy

Thanks

ok, i don't think i can afford a full 1" drop with the twin turbos hanging on the bottom without scraping ( that I do not want to happen !!!! ). That's why i wanted really only 1/2"- max 3/4". I might just forgo this entire project till i find a set that lowers the rear EXACTLY 1/2. So once again if anyone knows of a set that achieves this mystical feet of 1/2-3/4 rear drop , please let us know. Anyone want these springs ? I'll sell them shipped for $ 75.00.

Chris

Bikeboy, can you order the HR Rear Springs only or do you need to order the set? Did you use an adj PHB and camber bolts or the HR Springs didn't require APHB and camber bolts? Thanx

They sell the rears only for the precise reason of 'leveling' the GT500's. They advised the unecessary need of panhard bar. They were right, as my rear meats are perfect left-to-right.

I have better hi-res. photos of stance I can send someone, that won't upload here. :)

I ordered the H&R springs today, I'll have them installed here in the next 2 weeks and post some pics, hopefully these will fair a bit better than than the roush one's for Steeltown. Give me a few weeks to make time to get them installed.

Chris

I ordered the H&R springs today, I'll have them installed here in the next 2 weeks and post some pics, hopefully these will fair a bit better than than the roush one's for Steeltown. Give me a few weeks to make time to get them installed.

Chris

I saw them listed on a few sites that indicated 3/4" drop, which would be good for me... BIKEBOY recommends them too. I look forward to your results...

I saw them listed on a few sites that indicated 3/4" drop, which would be good for me... BIKEBOY recommends them too. I look forward to your results...

I hate to give you bad news but theH/R rear springs dropped my gt500 1 inch I also installed 3 other set and they all dripped 1 inch like the roush springs 428cj

Hey fellas..... I found this low-res photo that shows the Rear ONLY H&R rear springs on my car. Again, the car was bought new in April '07...The first mod I ever did. I owned the springs before the car went down the line in Flat Rock! :)

Wifes BlubBerry phone camera....hazey at best.

I hate to give you bad news but theH/R rear springs dropped my gt500 1 inch I also installed 3 other set and they all dripped 1 inch like the roush springs 428cj

Sweet great news there, i'm gonna try them anyways

I find it very curious that Ford used this shot of the GT500 back in '06, among other angles for the media introduction. Notice the car appears to be 'level' ??

What's up with that? The rear was absolutely jacked up upon production. Funny they apparently didn't think it would look as aggressive for the shoots, with the a_ _ end stinkbuggin'!

:headscratch:

Fomoco Media Photo.

Another idea would be to call / stop by a reputable mod shop and see if they can cut your rear springs to the height you want. This has been common practice for adjusting race cars for many years.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris

Did you put the springs in? Pics? Impressions?

Did you put the springs in? Pics? Impressions?

not yet my install shop moved to a new location and they still are not open for biz yet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived