TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want to drop the rear 1/2" any springs for that ?

ctozzi

I want to drop the rear ONLY about 1/2"-3/4" that's all it can take with the twin turbos hanging from the bottom and my huge driveway lip. Anyone have any ideas ? If anyone has any let me know I'm only wanting the rears but would buy the front's as well if needed.

Thanks

Chris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to drop the rear ONLY about 1/2"-3/4" that's all it can take with the twin turbos hanging from the bottom and my huge driveway lip. Anyone have any ideas ? If anyone has any let me know I'm only wanting the rears but would buy the front's as well if needed.

Thanks

Chris

If it is a vert put coupe rear springs in it.

Thanks

Chris

I have the Roush springs in the rear...3/4 drop...perfect.

Thanks

Chris

This is exactly what I want to do... drop 1/2". I just swap out my tires and wheels, however, kept the 27" OEM-like tire height. I have about 7/8" height difference from front to rear measuring from the ground to the fender well. I can go about 3/4" lower in the rear, but no more or the rear will be lower than the front, which is something that I definitely don't want.

I did this week one after my car's arrival in '07.

Maximum Motorsports....H&R rear only's...leveled the car out perfectly. :)

BIKEBOY, I could not find the rear only H&R springs. Can you please provide a link... and can you provide a side pics of your car? Do you know what the sizes are from ground to fender well for the front and rear? Also, how far did the H&R springs actually lower the rear? Lastly, does this mod require any other changes to the suspension? Thanks!

Buy rear coil-overs...you can set it exactly where you want. You can get just the rear height adjuster and springs for around $300 from Steeda.

I never heard of this option. Sounds like a plan... Do you have a link? Thanks

I have the Roush springs in the rear...3/4 drop...perfect.

What Roush springs do you have. Do you have any side pics of your car? Thank you.

Hey SteelTown, I have the full suspension on mine, but can't see any reason why just doing the rears wouldn't work. You'd need the seats 555-8132 and the springs (I forget which rate I used, but if you're staying stock up front I'm sure they could tell you what would work best). http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_coil_over_system_s197.php

This is exactly what I want to do... drop 1/2". I just swap out my tires and wheels, however, kept the 27" OEM-like tire height. I have about 7/8" height difference from front to rear measuring from the ground to the fender well. I can go about 3/4" lower in the rear, but no more or the rear will be lower than the front, which is something that I definitely don't want.

BIKEBOY, I could not find the rear only H&R springs. Can you please provide a link... and can you provide a side pics of your car? Do you know what the sizes are from ground to fender well for the front and rear? Also, how far did the H&R springs actually lower the rear? Lastly, does this mod require any other changes to the suspension? Thanks!

I never heard of this option. Sounds like a plan... Do you have a link? Thanks

What Roush springs do you have. Do you have any side pics of your car? Thank you.

Part number:

Fender height is 28.9 inches

gallery_28408_1249_69931.jpg

SteelTown:

I'm a computer DOPE!

Maximum Motorsports H&R Sport rear springs...pn#51655 ea. x (2) $68.38 each + shipping.

PHONE# (805) 544-8748

Frt...ground to fender lip (centered through wheel center cap) 28 1/4 ``

Rr...``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````28 3/8``

NOTE: Did not do a panhard bar...they told me I would`nt need it, and I believe they were right.The car sits perfect from left to right!

As to my good side pics. they are all too big, and I do not have a Photobucket acct. yet. Hope this helps...

BIKEBOY

Forgot...the best part is $103.31, fee shipping on the bay. :salute:

Thanks! Car looks great. How easy was the install? The rear still seems slightly higher in the rear as compared to the front, which I like. Is this the case, or just the angle of the pic...? Also, did your "ride" change at all. Thanks again.

SteelTown:

I'm a computer DOPE!

Maximum Motorsports H&R Sport rear springs...pn#51655 ea. x (2) $68.38 each + shipping.

PHONE# (805) 544-8748

Frt...ground to fender lip (centered through wheel center cap) 28 1/4 ``

Rr...``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````28 3/8``

NOTE: Did not do a panhard bar...they told me I would`nt need it, and I believe they were right.The car sits perfect from left to right!

As to my good side pics. they are all too big, and I do not have a Photobucket acct. yet. Hope this helps...

BIKEBOY

I appreciate the information. You have the perfect stands. So your rear dropped about 3/4"... does this seem about right? Thanks!

i like the fact that the steeda adjustable one's are just that, adjustable in case i go too low with 3/4 roush springs. I also like the fact that the roush are $ 103 shipped and come as only rear springs. I'm gonna have to talk to my shop and see what they think will best fit my situation. Thanks for all the replies !

Chris

Thanks! Car looks great. How easy was the install? The rear still seems slightly higher in the rear as compared to the front, which I like. Is this the case, or just the angle of the pic...? Also, did your "ride" change at all. Thanks again.

Easy install.: place the rear end on jack stands...drop the sway bar...unbolt the bottom end of each shock...unbolt the brake line bracket...lower the rear axle with a jack at the pumkin...replace the springs...make sure you note the placement of the bottom end of the spring coil...it should match the factory placement. Sounds hard but it's a piece of cake. The rear is .4 inches higher than the front. No change is ride.

Easy install.: place the rear end on jack stands...drop the sway bar...unbolt the bottom end of each shock...unbolt the brake line bracket...lower the rear axle with a jack at the pumkin...replace the springs...make sure you note the placement of the bottom end of the spring coil...it should match the factory placement. Sounds hard but it's a piece of cake. The rear is .4 inches higher than the front. No change is ride.

09Alloy is it for sure 3/4 part below ? That's a deal that even if it didn't work is worth a shot for $ 100.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAR-COIL-SPRING-Ford-Mustang-05-06-07-/300410114374?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f1d69146

Great. Thanks!

That is correct....I sent you a pm!

Thanks!

i took the plunge on the roush springs for $ 103 shipped, even if they don't work what's $ 100.00 @ this point ?

i took the plunge on the roush springs for $ 103 shipped, even if they don't work what's $ 100.00 @ this point ?

Please keep us updated as I'm about to do the same. My only concern is that the rear will end up being lower than the front. I only have 7/8" difference from front to rear. Everything that I've read informs that the Roush springs will lowers the rear by 1", which will be fractionally too much, but willing to gamble nonetheless...

I have an 08... I wonder if the OEM springs compressed any over the past two years. If so, lowering by 1" might not actully be an 1" lower than the existing stands... make sense?

Please keep us updated as I'm about to do the same. My only concern is that the rear will end up being lower than the front. I only have 7/8" difference from front to rear. Everything that I've read informs that the Roush springs will lowers the rear by 1", which will be fractionally too much, but willing to gamble nonetheless...

I have an 08... I wonder if the OEM springs compressed any over the past two years. If so, lowering by 1" might not actully be an 1" lower than the existing stands... make sense?

you will get 1/2 to 3/4 drop..that is what i wanted...i think you will like them especially for the price! let me know if you want to improve the front suspension for cheap...i can tell you what i did to mine. :yup:

you will get 1/2 to 3/4 drop..that is what i wanted...i think you will like them especially for the price! let me know if you want to improve the front suspension for cheap...i can tell you what i did to mine. :yup:

i should get them next week then within 2 days they will be in i'll take before and afters as well as measumements

Before I forget to do this, here is the starting point from the ground looks like 29 3/4"

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/ctozzi/GT%20500/?action=view&current=rear.jpg

Any updates? I'm still awaiting delivey of my set...

Me too should be here late next week shipping is so slow

Guys...please don't be so stubborn. I was very pleased to take everyones advice as it relates to the hood shocks. Please take my advice on the rear coils! I did the H&R rear ONLY's from Maximum Motorsports, three years ago. They are sold to do exactly what we are trying to achieve! Lower the rear to level the car out. They do just that!!!!! I promise you.

Bikeboy.

oh, and the ride is NOT compromised!

I just installed the Roush Springs. They dropped the rear exactly 1", which is more than I wanted. The rear is positioned about 1/8" lower than the front, which is definitely not what I wanted. My only option now is H&R springs, but I'm worried that the results will be the same?

BIKEBOY, I wish that you had before and after measurements of the H&R set-up...

I just installed the Roush Springs. They dropped the rear exactly 1", which is more than I wanted. The rear is positioned about 1/8" lower than the front, which is definitely not what I wanted. My only option now is H&R springs, but I'm worried that the results will be the same?

BIKEBOY, I wish that you had before and after measurements of the H&R set-up...

Steeltown, that sucks can you post a side shot so we can see the 1/8 difference please, if it's barely noticeable I might stick with the Roush set. My install shop was closed last week so mine never went in, they are in my side garage waiting. Now I might order the H&R setup if it looks all wierd.

Archived