TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sad, Yet Exciting Day in Perry GA!

Michael Morris

I have know about this for awhile but didnt want to post until it was 100% done! I know how deals can go belly up at the last minute.

Just a quick background on Wayne Morris Ford. Dad started here in 1983. Its pretty much been a family business since the beginning. I worked here during the summers and after school. We moved from a TINY little store to alot nice store 10 years ago. Its always been tough because of the lack of capital. About 5 years ago me and my brother in law bought out some other guys that Dad had brought in. Again we knew it would be tough because of lack of capital but we belived it was the right thing to do. Like ALL car folks we think its going to be better NEXT month!!!

About a year ago Marvin Ragan (Davids Uncle) came to Dad and asked if we were interested in selling!! It was an answer to our prayers!! Well yesterday it FINALLY finished up and we our now David Ragan Ford! David Ragan drives the Rouch Fenway UPS #6. Hes from a small town about 10 minutes from Perry. So his Dad (Ken Ragan, also was a NASCAR driver in the 80s) is going to be the Dealer. My brother in law and I are going to run the sales just like we always have. We are under contract to stay here! The Ragans didnt want to come if Brian and I werent going to stay!!

Now the exciting news is that we are going to be able to have ALOT of units in inventory, money to advertise, and FRESH ownership!

The sad news is Dads been here for almost 30 years. Hes going to semi retire. I have worked with him everyday for 15 years!! Its going to be sad to come to work and him not being here EVERYDAY!!!

If anyone wants a David Ragan autograph I can make that happen now!!!

MM

Tell your dad he can now enjoy a latte at Starbucks at 10:00am and enjoy his time with another venture.

All the best to you and your brother-in-law with the new dealership. Till we meet at the 2011 Vegas Bash...

Tom

The Ragans didnt want to come if Brian and I were going to stay!!

That better be a typo.

We still have fond memories of our trip to Perry to get Peaches:

1-Being told to "Just look for the guy with a cap, he's your ride to the dealership" at Macon airport. It was true, out of the five non-workers in the terminal, he WAS the only one in a cap.

(.Delta used to have scheduled service between Macon and Atlanta.)

2-Dad coming out to "Meet the yankees". I hope he can relax and have some fun now.

Congrats, and I hope this works out great for your family.

Please let your new boss know you need a week off in January.

MM, that is sad but I am glad it has worked out for all of you. Can we still "hang out" in the showroom and talk cars? If not, I need to talk to the new owner! :hysterical: Best of luck. Craig

Michael, Best of Luck to you and your dad.

The end of family legacies are always hard. To go to the same building with a new (not family) name on it is going to be hard.

Best wishes.

Now how about those Ford GT questions I asked in the PMs?

With all the change over stuff going on the last month or so I got WAY behind on PMs. PLEASE resend them now that I have more time for TS stuff

MM

So many people Never get to retirement and enjoy the fruits of their labor - sadly, my father did not. Your dad has earned this time and now it's time to enjoy the grandkids, life, and all. How blessed you are to have worked under your fathers guidance for all those years. As a chapter ends, a new one opens... Best Wishes and you can be sure, the next Shelby or Boss will be bought from you.

Doc :salute:

Michael,

Congrats on your new venture! It sounds like a great opportunity came together for you all and can't help but be a great success.

Also, my wife is big Nascar fan and was back at the opening of the Hall of Fame this year. She would love to have David's autograph to add to those in the collection.

I'm going to resend a PM from a while back and I'll talk to you about that as well.

John

Archived