TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower control arm/ball joint

bitnippy

Thought my wheel balancing was out, but the front ball joints seem to have had it on my 30,000 mile 2007 GT-H.

I think I have to replace the front control arms.

Can someone help me with the part number and where to buy them please?

Thanks

bitnippy

you can call my local dealer here in oklahoma ? maybe they could order and ship to you.

number to call. 918-341-0101 they may ask you to send money or purchase with credit card over the phone? good luck

Thought my wheel balancing was out, but the front ball joints seem to have had it on my 30,000 mile 2007 GT-H.

Thanks

bitnippy

This should be a warranty issue.

I had the same issue with my 2006 S197 series at about 20,000 miles and there is a factory problem with these ball joints.

When you brake you get a vibration in the steering wheel like your rotors are out of round but it is severe wear in the lower ball joint.

Also complaints of squeeking etc. in the front end...

I know there was a TSB issued but I don't have the number.

The dealer was backorderd for weeks so I had my local Speedy Muffler install solid Moog ball joints and a bumpsteer kit so far..so good...

I also know of many being replaced with the Steeda ones, especially if the vehicle is lowered.

Thanks for your replies.

No chance of a warranty claim as am in the Uk and car is over 3 years old. Also I am limited to internet based companies who take UK VISA when purchasing.

I guess that this part is the stock lower suspension arm as fitted to the Mustang GT 2005 onwards. Am I correct please?

If this is the case, there seem to be a few options from different manufacturers ranging from approx $117 to $310 each side. What does more $ buy you please, and any recommendations?

Thanks

Thanks

bitnippy

There is a TSB, mine steering shakes but I think it's a

Alignment issue but I will be installing the camber bolts and get a alignment once my new tires arrive and I hope it won't be the LCA's. If it is I'll just have to upgrade them with either BMR or Steeda, I see there is a Shelby stamped piece which looks like a BMR part.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived