TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Rocktoberfest car show cruise and get together

MMcGuirk

Please join us for the Team Shelby Mid Atlantic Region inaugural Rocktoberfest weekend -

Held in conjunction with the annual Hatfield PA Rocktoberfest celebration / car show and the grand opening of John Keller's (GT50040th)Toy Box collector car storage facility, the event will feature breakfast, a separate Shelby car show, a cruise through Bucks County and ending with dinner at the Triumph Brewing Co. in New Hope PA.

This is an opportunity for all Shelby enthusiasts to get together, socialize, show off their rides and enjoy the fall foliage in beautiful Bucks Co, PA.

Hatfield's Rocktoberfest typically attracts 100 - 150 customs, hot rods and muscle cars. This year there will be displays of antique tractors and fire trucks. With live music and a great facility, this will be a great time.

Please follow this link for registration -

http://site.deckbuil...ktoberfest.html

We look forward to seeing old and new friends at the first of many Team Shelby Mid-Atlantic Region events

Rocktoberfest 2.jpg

Rocktoberfest 2.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please join us for the Team Shelby Mid Atlantic Region inaugural Rocktoberfest weekend -

Held in conjunction with the annual Hatfield PA Rocktoberfest celebration / car show and the grand opening of John Keller's (GT50040th)Toy Box collector car storage facility, the event will feature breakfast, a separate Shelby car show, a cruise through Bucks County and ending with dinner at the Triumph Brewing Co. in New Hope PA.

This is an opportunity for all Shelby enthusiasts to get together, socialize, show off their rides and enjoy the fall foliage in beautiful Bucks Co, PA.

Hatfield's Rocktoberfest typically attracts 100 - 150 customs, hot rods and muscle cars. This year there will be displays of antique tractors and fire trucks. With live music and a great facility, this will be a great time.

We look forward to seeing old and new friends at the first of many Team Shelby Mid-Atlantic Region events

Thanks for the invite new hope one my favorite hang out.. I can't make any promises due to health and mental crap Sept is a bad month for me. I didn't realize was the 1st and looks like I may be locked down for a month or 2 but will try my best

Anthony

In the spirit of building Shelby enthusiasm and Team Shelby membership, this event is open to all Ford powered cars. There will be appropriate classifications and trophies for SGTs, GT500s, Cobras, muscle cars etc.

We have posted this on the SAAC forum. Please feel free to post the event on other Ford powered forums.

Thank you

MM

Mike, this is on the ta-do list, for sure. Since I never preregister for anything due to weather and other emergencies, are walk-ins allowed?

Doug

Mike, this is on the ta-do list, for sure. Since I never preregister for anything due to weather and other emergencies, are walk-ins allowed?

Doug

Absolutely.

Having grown up in Bucks Co PA , I understand the unpredictability of the weather back east. One of the benefits of living in CA, we are pretty much assured of sunshine for car events from March to November.

This is a rain or shine event. We do have the ability to move the Shelby show inside of the Toy Box if necessary.

Hope you can make it. Participation by Team Shelby members will aid in our ability to have more events in the future.

Thanks

MM

MMcGuirk -

I have been waiting for this event, and at this point I plan on going (Mrs. Z and I discussed it over breakfast this morning). I do have a couple questions that will help us decide exactly what we need to do to prepare, and I would think others would benefit from the answers as well.

- Is the car show popular ballot, of is it formally judged? (Helps me know how 'crazy' to get when I detail the car, and what accessories to bring for the display)

- Is the plan to have people arrive at the hotel the night before the show, or is it so they don't have to drive home after the dinner....or both?

- Is the cruise a 'follow the leader' scenic drive through the country, or is it more of a road ralley event? (Wouldn't mind a little friendly Team Shelby competition.)

- Is there going to be anyone in attendance from Team Shelby "Corporate"? (Do I need to bring some extra cash to buy Gary Patterson a beer at dinner?)

- When do you expect we will be arriving in New Hope, and what time is the reservation for dinner? (Never mind...I see on the show flyer that dinner is at 8:00pm)

- Is there secure parking at the restaurant? (Good parking is sometimes hard to find in New Hope on a nice weekend evening.)

- Is breakfast at the show or the hotel? (I like my scrapple crispy on the outside, and mushy on the inside!)

Thanks in advance for the answers, but I'm trying to decide if we just try to do it as a single day trip, or board the dog, drop the kids off at Grandma's, and make a week end of it.

Z-man

MMcGuirk -

Z - look forward to seeing you at the event. Responded inline

MM

I have been waiting for this event, and at this point I plan on going (Mrs. Z and I discussed it over breakfast this morning). I do have a couple questions that will help us decide exactly what we need to do to prepare, and I would think others would benefit from the answers as well.

- Is the car show popular ballot, of is it formally judged? (Helps me know how 'crazy' to get when I detail the car, and what accessories to bring for the display) - Hatfield Show is People's choice, TS show is judged

- Is the plan to have people arrive at the hotel the night before the show, or is it so they don't have to drive home after the dinner....or both? - both

- Is the cruise a 'follow the leader' scenic drive through the country, or is it more of a road ralley event? (Wouldn't mind a little friendly Team Shelby competition.) - Probably a poker run

- Is there going to be anyone in attendance from Team Shelby "Corporate"? (Do I need to bring some extra cash to buy Gary Patterson a beer at dinner?) - Invitations are out

- When do you expect we will be arriving in New Hope, and what time is the reservation for dinner? (Never mind...I see on the show flyer that dinner is at 8:00pm) - we are planning to leave the venue @ 4:00PM and arrive at Triumph around 7:00PM

- Is there secure parking at the restaurant? (Good parking is sometimes hard to find in New Hope on a nice weekend evening.) - Yes, we will have our own parking area

- Is breakfast at the show or the hotel? (I like my scrapple crispy on the outside, and mushy on the inside!) - Breakfast is cooked to order at the show in a private area for TS show participants only

Thanks in advance for the answers, but I'm trying to decide if we just try to do it as a single day trip, or board the dog, drop the kids off at Grandma's, and make a week end of it.

Z-man

MMcGuirk -

Thanks for the info and the quick reply.

It seems our only question is if we are going to attend the dinner (Hey, we gotta eat anyway...right?). Is there anything special planned for the dinner, like awards, special presentations giving us the insider scoop on new Shelby info, questions/answers with those "in the know", etc.?

Just like Doug_GT350 we will probably not pre-register either (weather being the only thing that would stop us from attending), but I will PM you if we do decide on staying for dinner to help you get a better headcount for the restaurant.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there....and being able to say I was part on the first East Coast Team Shelby get together.

Z-man

In the effort to get a count so we can prepare for the Rocktoberfest we would like to try to get everyone that thinks they may be attending to pre register. Due to undetermined weather and the chance that your plans may change we will confirm your registration and will not be processing payment till the Thursday prior to the event. Please help us out and pre-register for Rocktoberfest by following this link http://site.deckbuilderschallenge.com/Team_Shelby_Rocktoberfest.html Thank you and look forward to seeing you at Rocktoberfest

My son Jon and I are signed up and will cross our fingers for good weather.

As of right now we are not planning on staying for dinner but should we change our mind how long do we have to sign up for that? Also any word on any Shelby Reps coming?

Thanks for registering! We have a bunch of cars signed up so it looks like we're going to have a good turn out. :dance: We will be confirming everyone’s registration a few days prior to the show if you could let us know about dinner at that time that would be great. Not sure who is going to be out from Shelby, their pretty busy out there, we'll keep you posted. Look forward to meeting you at Rocktoberfest.

My wife and I will be attending the car show, and the drive (Poker Run) after the show, so please add us to the head count.

Our only question still remains as to the dinner. Call me cheap if you like (and knowing some of you guys, I'm sure you will) but $45.00 per person with a cash bar seems a bit high for a piece of rubber chicken and a Coke.

Can someone elaborate on what dinner will include (aside from the company of my fellow Team Shelby members, which is of course, priceless)? Will there be any special presentations, awards, swag, surprise guests, etc.? I'm trying to justify going to the dinner, and without some added 'bang for my buck', I'm having a hard time convincing myself (and my wife) that it is worth the $100+ it will cost (Heck, I can put that cash toward my next mod).

Also, any confirmation on Shelby folks coming in from Vegas?

Thanks,

Z-man

My wife and I will be attending the car show, and the drive (Poker Run) after the show, so please add us to the head count.

Our only question still remains as to the dinner. Call me cheap if you like (and knowing some of you guys, I'm sure you will) but $45.00 per person with a cash bar seems a bit high for a piece of rubber chicken and a Coke.

Can someone elaborate on what dinner will include (aside from the company of my fellow Team Shelby members, which is of course, priceless)? Will there be any special presentations, awards, swag, surprise guests, etc.? I'm trying to justify going to the dinner, and without some added 'bang for my buck', I'm having a hard time convincing myself (and my wife) that it is worth the $100+ it will cost (Heck, I can put that cash toward my next mod).

Also, any confirmation on Shelby folks coming in from Vegas?

Thanks,

Z-man

Z

The Triumph brewing Company is hardly a rubber chicken place - they leave that to the hotels like we stayed at for SAAC 35!

Organizing this initial Mid Atlantic Team Shelby event, we wanted the restaurant to be somewhat memorable and the menu reflected that. It seems that the prevailing opinions and pocketbooks are on par with you, so the we have decided to change the menu to individual tabs and not have a group bill.

Please go to www.triumphbrewing.com to prepare your bank account for dinner salute.gif

We have not had any RSVPs to date from Shelby, but we will keep you posted. We will however be supporting the Carroll Shelby Foundation and have autographed swag available, with the proceeds going to a very worthwhile organization.

We look forward to seeing everyone is 2 weeks!

MM

Z

The Triumph brewing Company is hardly a rubber chicken place - they leave that to the hotels like we stayed at for SAAC 35!

Organizing this initial Mid Atlantic Team Shelby event, we wanted the restaurant to be somewhat memorable and the menu reflected that. It seems that the prevailing opinions and pocketbooks are on par with you, so the we have decided to change the menu to individual tabs and not have a group bill.

Please go to www.triumphbrewing.com to prepare your bank account for dinner salute.gif

We have not had any RSVPs to date from Shelby, but we will keep you posted. We will however be supporting the Carroll Shelby Foundation and have autographed swag available, with the proceeds going to a very worthwhile organization.

We look forward to seeing everyone is 2 weeks!

MM

Hey Mike... put me down for two! At least for the poker run and dinner. Since it's only just over an hour for us to get home from New Hope we won't be spending the night. I don't know if I want to do the show or not, since I'm helping at a Dream Come True car show the next day, I may try to get some stuff done around the casa before heading down. Worse case, we'll drive her car down if it rains!

Doug

Hey Mike... put me down for two! At least for the poker run and dinner. Since it's only just over an hour for us to get home from New Hope we won't be spending the night. I don't know if I want to do the show or not, since I'm helping at a Dream Come True car show the next day, I may try to get some stuff done around the casa before heading down. Worse case, we'll drive her car down if it rains!

Doug

Tanks Doug, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Got the proof of the Team Shelby Mid Atlantic Region Rocktoberfest t-shirts today. They are really cool looking.

Also, the trophies have shipped!

We are really getting excited for the event.

Hope to see you in sunny PA next weekend!!!

Got the proof of the Team Shelby Mid Atlantic Region Rocktoberfest t-shirts today. They are really cool looking.

With you and Keller organizing this, it is sure to be Top Shelf, and everyone will most certainly have a good time.

Wish I could've joined so i could've driven John's FGT :shift:

Come on....Let's see a copy of the proof. :lurk:

You have peaked my curiosity.

Just saw this! I live in Nj and am less than an hour away. Have missed pre-reg, but would love to come. How's the registration going? Are there chances I may be able to drive in day of show?

Hey gator... I asked the same thing back on post 10 and 11. Hopefully we'll see ya there!

The long range forecast varies from day to day so we'll have to wait and see. it's gone from sunshine to rain to partly cloudy to partly sunny to chance of showers.... they can't predict what it's gonna do tomorrow let alone 10 days away!

Just saw this! I live in Nj and am less than an hour away. Have missed pre-reg, but would love to come. How's the registration going? Are there chances I may be able to drive in day of show?

Absolutely! We look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Archived