TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Problems with the shelby

topgun

What a day for the shelby. I found out today that I have the new flywheel in my shelby so Ford will not cover my clutch under TSB. The dealer quoted me a price of $23590 for the repairs. As far as Im concerned they can keep the shelby Im currently looking for something else.

Please tell me that a typo and please go to another dealer.........their stories differ store to store........never ever make a decision based on one dealers assessment....

the guy was most likely selling encyclopedias a few months ago and will be working at Dennys next week,

the turnover is incredible due to an excess of schmucks in the business.......dont base your decision on todays fool........seek another fool......

there is always the possibility you will find someone knowledgible.......worth a shot anyway........

good luck topgun! :salute:

Please tell me that a typo and please go to another dealer.........their stories differ store to store........never ever make a decision based on one dealers assessment....

the guy was most likely selling encyclopedias a few months ago and will be working at Dennys next week,

the turnover is incredible due to an excess of schmucks in the business.......dont base your decision on todays fool........seek another fool......

there is always the possibility you will find someone knowledgible.......worth a shot anyway........

good luck topgun! :salute:

+100 Wicked is absolutely spot on, topgun.

You must have other dealers in your area? I know we have about 36 or so!! Hahaha! I'm teasing, but heed Grabber's postings and get a handful of ammunition and go to another store and find a more willing ear. Afterall, you mention, "I'm looking for something else"...you can't sell the car with a clutch issue.

:shrug:

Wow!!, that's mighty kind of them..........especially since the markup on parts is 40% and more !!! Fact !! When I was in the business and we had weekly mgmt meetings, guess who never got their hands slapped and were always smiling?? Yup, parts and service managers

You are correct sir! I sold parts for twenty years....the front end LOVES the back end, as they call it in the biz!!!

+100 Wicked is absolutely spot on, topgun.

You must have other dealers in your area? I know we have about 36 or so!! Hahaha! I'm teasing, but heed Grabber's postings and get a handful of ammunition and go to another store and find a more willing ear. Afterall, you mention, "I'm looking for something else"...you can't sell the car with a clutch issue.

:shrug:

I can't sell it but I can buy another vehicle from the dealer and have them take care of the bill.

Personally I wouldn't put in another Ford clutch. If they are gonna tear it down, I want sonmething better put in. Mine just died after 28k miles and rather than hassle with the dealer, I will end up spending 2K for a Spec Twin SS and aluminum flywheel, new Ford slave cylinder and throw out bearing and competent labor to change it all out.

Went to the dealer yesterday to try to get my clutch repaired under Tsb. The service tech said that they could do it but he needed to ask his sales manager did my car qualify. The sales manager told me that because my car was out of warranty and had to many miles that I would have to foot the bill. Someone please make me smart. I thought If there was a known problem that wasn't the owners fault that the car could be repaired under TSB warranty or not? Anway I'am waiting on a estimate for the repairs. I can only imagine. The service manager did say he would give me a 10% discount on labor and parts.

Unfortunately, a TSB does not alter or extend the terms of the original warranty. At 40,000 miles on the odo, you are indeed out of warranty, TSB or not. The dealer will install a 2010/2011 organic surfaced clutch disc with the gen II flywheel, so if you plan to ever bump your H.P. beyond 800 H.P., you might just want to consider installing an aftermarket clutch over a stocker.

I can't sell it but I can buy another vehicle from the dealer and have them take care of the bill.

Well, steer clear from the NEW GT500's too! They are trouble as well, with synchros! At even less mileage than your current car!

Ford needs to get this %$@# squared away BEFORE they park these $50K Mustangs on dealer's lots!!!

I wouldn't go with another Ford clutch either. Since it seems like it's going to be on your dime I would put in a high performance clutch. Or you could just try and fix it the cheapest way possible and then trade it in.

No matter what I would find another dealer to deal with- repairs, purchases, trade ins, etc. I wouldn't give them anymore of my business.

Well, steer clear from the NEW GT500's too! They are trouble as well, with synchros! At even less mileage than your current car!

Ford needs to get this %$@# squared away BEFORE they park these $50K Mustangs on dealer's lots!!!

THIS stuff bothers me! I haven't had any problems with my 08 and I think I might be tempting fate if I buy an 011.

I'm thinking of trading in to get a Boss, but I wonder if that might backfire as well?

What a day for the shelby. I found out today that I have the new flywheel in my shelby so Ford will not cover my clutch under TSB. The dealer quoted me a price of $23590 for the repairs. As far as Im concerned they can keep the shelby Im currently looking for something else.

Are you sure there isn't an extra zero here? For this price they should be able to put in a brand new drivetrain, engine and all!

Personally I wouldn't put in another Ford clutch. If they are gonna tear it down, I want sonmething better put in. Mine just died after 28k miles and rather than hassle with the dealer, I will end up spending 2K for a Spec Twin SS and aluminum flywheel, new Ford slave cylinder and throw out bearing and competent labor to change it all out.

sounds like a good set up.

That's too bad. I suspected your car already had the upgraded flywheel based on your build date of September 2008. Can't really justify the TSB if you already have the updated flywheel.

I know when my OEM clutch goes, I'll be replacing it with an aftermarket clutch.

Archived