TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Floor Mat Retention Clip

Madlock

Having not yet received my GT500, I have to rely on the kindness of strangers for certain specific information about the car, and I hope somebody will remember this from the top of his head.

How many floor mat mounting posts/hooks does your 2011 GT500 Couple's driver foot well have?

Thanks.

There are two on the drivers side. Word of caution, purchased some after market Lloyds mats with the cobra logo. Vendor said they were for a '10. The holes don't line up. I just laid the mats over the existing pins and it fits fine. The mats stay in place, don't move around.

Thanks.

I'm not going with Lloyds. In this case, my decision is based purely on function - I'm buying WeatherTech Digital Fit mats which I own for all of my vehicles and protects a car better than any product I've ever seen. They're custom-molded to each model's floor pans - including the OEM retention clips.

The reason I ask is that some makers made mid-year changes to their floor mats and retention clip design in the wake of the Toyota debacle, and WeatherTech now requires buyers to confirm the number of clips even if there's only one variant. I made the mistake of presuming my in-laws' 2010 Fusion Hybrid had one post when I ordered mats for them and learned their car had two. WeatherTech will have a 2-post version available in a few weeks and is swapping out the mat without charge, but I just wanted to be certain before ordering mine.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Archived