TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 - The last year for the Shelby GT500?

tpenziner

I was looking at GT500's on Ebay and I came accross this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280553849203&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Within the description, the Ford dealer "Westway Ford" is saying this is the last year for production of the Shelby's. Could this be true? I emailed the seller, his response was:

"This is the last year for the Shelby gt500. Ford is ending the production the Shelby and they have already ended the production. If you are wanting a Shelby gt 500 don't hesitate they are very slim pickings."

The following response has nothing to do with your post, I'm just responding to what the dealer told you....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The following response has nothing to do with your post, I'm just responding to what the dealer told you....

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

I thought it was BS! I emailed the dealer asking him where they got his info... curious to hear their response.

It may be one of the last 11's but not the GT500. Ford is selling a $50k + car in a bad economy in big volume. Why would they end production? :redcard: to Westway Ford!

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

"THE END IS NEAR, THE END IS NEAR, no wait...THE END IS HERE, THE END IS HERE, BUY NOW OR MISS OUT FOREVER AND EVER!!!"

One bright afternoon at 12:00 midnight

Two dead boys got up to fight

They drew their swords and shot each other!

A deaf policeman heard the noise and came to rescue the two dead boys

If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blindman he saw it too..................

Ford has proven over and over that they will "MASS PRODUCE" any Vehicle

that will "SELL"...........Including their "LOW PRODUCTION SVT OFFERS"??????? :hysterical:

And Ford will stand by in nuetral while their Dealers tell the biggest !@#$ stories

to their Customers..............It is what it is................. :talkhand:

Upon viewing the listing in question, one would discover Westway Ford actually wrote:

"WOW THE 2011 SHELBY GT500 FINALLY COMING TO AN END. LAST OF THE PRODUCTION."

This is absolutely correct. With Ford having announced that 5,500 will be produced and some 3,500 having already been either sold (or, more likely, sitting in showrooms), the description is FAR from inaccurate - even if the remaining allocations aren't likely to vanish as quickly as the impression the dealer would like make. There's nothing wrong with this statement - it's just marketing. And the fact that someone has taken the ball and run with it in their own imagination means it's pretty good marketing at that.

On the other hand, it's the sentence immediately following that I find to be most objectionable:

"IF OWNING A SHELBY IS YOUR DESIRE, DON'T HESITATE THEIR GOING GOING AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE GONE."

Upon viewing the listing in question, one would discover Westway Ford actually wrote:

"WOW THE 2011 SHELBY GT500 FINALLY COMING TO AN END. LAST OF THE PRODUCTION."

This is absolutely correct. With Ford having announced that 5,500 will be produced and some 3,500 having already been either sold (or, more likely, sitting in showrooms), the description is FAR from inaccurate - even if the remaining allocations aren't likely to vanish as quickly as the impression the dealer would like make. There's nothing wrong with this statement - it's just marketing. And the fact that someone has taken the ball and run with it in their own imagination means it's pretty good marketing at that.

On the other hand, it's the sentence immediately following that I find to be most objectionable:

"IF OWNING A SHELBY IS YOUR DESIRE, DON'T HESITATE THEIR GOING GOING AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE GONE."

FYI, The dealership REVISED what they wrote, that was not there before. Look at the verbiage up top, that was what he had originally wrote. This dealers a JOKEhysterical.gif !

Honestly, it would be smart for Ford and Shelby to have Ford go back to the Cobra only name. Then allow Shelby to turn them into the GT500 or GT500 KR.

Absolutely.............As in two years ago................ :hysterical:

Archived