TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lime Rock Historic Festival 28

ilmor

Anyone heading to Lime Rock on Labor Day weekend for the Historics?

http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=60

I have a weekend ticket, so I'll be there at least for some time each day, and definitely most all day for Sunday's car show, which I'll be entered. If you want to show your car this is about the coolest place to do it because they will will group yours w/ others of your make and model all around the race track...which of course means that you can drive the race track (calmly) to get to and from your spot.

Maybe I'll see ya there!

An added note regarding this event which I received in an email today...

The Shelby American Automobile Club (New England) is making another wonderful appearance at the Sunday in the Park Car Show (Sept. 5). SAACNE will bring dozens of terrific Cobras, Tigers, Griffiths, Mustangs and high performance Fords, and they always put on a good show when they come to Lime Rock.

An added note regarding this event which I received in an email today...

The Shelby American Automobile Club (New England) is making another wonderful appearance at the Sunday in the Park Car Show (Sept. 5). SAACNE will bring dozens of terrific Cobras, Tigers, Griffiths, Mustangs and high performance Fords, and they always put on a good show when they come to Lime Rock.

well, the weather was perfect, how was the event?

Couldn't have been better! I'll get some pics up as soon as I can....

It was great! Huge car show. They even have a class for Shelbyshappy%20feet.gif, including 2006 and up!! (car owner show participating judged) Team Shelby member "GT350" won first place with his 2007 GT500! The trophy is beautiful, I'll post a pic of it.

Too bad SAAC (From their website: "SAAC is dedicated to the preservation, care, history and enjoyment of cars from Shelby American, 1961-1970.") and Mustangs Unlimited don't have a class for the new Shelbys at their shows like Lime Rock does. Maybe I will start a topic about this in the Team Shelby forums section.

Secondo, sorry I missed ya there - it was quite a crowd. Maybe you came across my car. Member RickD was next to me.

Sorry I missed you guys Bob, I didn't see your cars. I must have gotten there too late (2pm). There was still alot to look at though. Next year I want to enter the show. I'm excited that they actually have a class for 2006 and up Shelbys! happy%20feet.gif

Sean, yes, you should definitely enter! See you and Laurie at Tasca tomorrow I hope.

Here's a link to my photos...I have more to download from my iPhone...enjoy everyone, there are some nice Shelby's....

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/ilmor2003/Lime%20Rock%20Historics%202010/

It was great! Huge car show. They even have a class for Shelbyshappy%20feet.gif, including 2006 and up!! (car owner show participating judged) Team Shelby member "GT350" won first place with his 2007 GT500! The trophy is beautiful, I'll post a pic of it.

Too bad SAAC (From their website: "SAAC is dedicated to the preservation, care, history and enjoyment of cars from Shelby American, 1961-1970.") and Mustangs Unlimited don't have a class for the new Shelbys at their shows like Lime Rock does. Maybe I will start a topic about this in the Team Shelby forums section.

Here's a pic of the trophy that Lime Rock was giving to the winners. Sweet! Congratulations to Team Shelby member "GT350" for a 1st place win with his 2007 GT500!

IMG_3356a.jpg

IMG_3356a.jpg

Archived