TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Shelby GT/TR

Well, I've finally completed the car - for now anyway LOL.

As most of you know, I have been involved with Tasca for years now. No I am not related to them or anything like that, I just wanted them associated with my Shelby since day one because of their Ford and racing history. Many of you know much of the story but for those unaware, well, there are details on my website (linked in my signature). But I am sure most of you are aware that I have been calling my Shelby GT a "Tasca Shelby" since the beginning.

Well, today, it finally happened. I would like to finally say my car is truly a "Tasca Shelby" - well, at least in my eyes anyway LOL.

First, I want to make it clear, that this work was specifically done by me; to make sure no one else gets questioned. I worked with a decal expert to put this on my car. No one at Tasca was involved as I would suspect it may not fit the mold. Naturally, my car is still a Shelby GT/SC from the Shelby registry perspective, but with my interests in the whole Tasca phenomenon I simply changed the stripe nomenclature.

Anyway, here are some pics of the car now. I am really excited to finally have it the way I have wanted it all along. I had the decal guy make another set of "Shelby GT/SC" decals so if I ever wanted to, I could change it back. I also have a "Tasca Shelby GT/SC" decal set as well but I love the GT/TR designation for the Tasca Racing piece. While my car was in the Tasca shop for the engine work (see this thread for details), I was trying to figure out how to tweak it to the Tasca Shelby wordings I've been working on for years. I was going to go with Tasca Shelby GT/R, but then I saw a video Carl Tasca Jr did for the Tasca website showing a new Mustang 330TR. As soon as I saw that TR branding, I thought it was perfect. Carl Jr and Dave Jr saw it today after installed and they thought it was great.

Tomorrow I'll change AJ's car too and then take a new pic of both our cars for the signature pic.

Woohoo!!!

More pics/vids here:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/aodwyer/Tasca%20Shelby%20GT%20TR%20July%202010/

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7402.jpg

Here is a dyno of my car today (521 RWHP / 614 engine HP):

th_MVI_7396-1.jpg

Thanks all.

Paul, I can't wait to see your beast on the dyno and hear that baby run open. I definitely think yours will bring well into the mid-750 HP range. I think I will wait till the spring to get mine done with the remaining items.

Adam I have always loved your car but............a GT/TR over a GT/SC? I think it should be a GT/SCTR :) So I always thought Rogers car was the most modded on planet earth, from Shelby Las Vegas that is. Now we see your car, with Tasca installations on it...wow that is a close call.

So who's has the baddest SGT of all between you and Roger? Now that would have to be judged for sure!

LOL Don. I did look into that last year actually. There are lots of websites that show how to double the batteries, change some wires around and get more power, but it usually burns the motors out. I have heard of a guy who put a weedwacker in an Escalade so maybe I can look into something like that LOL.

Dave, I thought long and hard about that but in the end TR for Tasca Racing means a lot more to me.

Bill, I can feel a little difference. Remember, I was at around 550 HP before it blew but at 600+ I can feel a little. The clutch is definitely better so that's probably why I feel the engine a little better. The real and most important part is the piece of mind in not having to worry anymore.

I do understand as Tasca has so much racing history on the East Coast it is just the same here on the West Coast with Shelby. To have both of them combined must be sureal and for sure a one-of-a-kind. I can only imagine what it must feel like to drive that monster!

• 2 weeks later...

Adam I have always loved your car but............a GT/TR over a GT/SC? I think it should be a GT/SCTR :) So I always thought Rogers car was the most modded on planet earth, from Shelby Las Vegas that is. Now we see your car, with Tasca installations on it...wow that is a close call.

So who's has the baddest SGT of all between you and Roger? Now that would have to be judged for sure!

Lemme see if I can find the keys to Roger's while he's outta town, log a few "measurements"... I'll just take it for a short spin... 1320 feet, to be exact.... salute.gif

Jer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Ok, I thought I'd give an update (July 2014)...

As some of you know, I had been very interested a while ago in some form of a Shelby GT type of F150. So I decided to make my own "Tribute Shelby GT F150."

I am happy to say that my version "TascaShelby GT/TR F150" is just about finished. I took some pics but will post more when I put the remaining decals on. It took me a long time to get a set of the American Racing wheels to match. I couldn't find any silver ones, and I considered painting these, but I thought it still looked pretty good with the chrome.

Anyway, I hope ya'll enjoy the pics.

Sorry I haven't been on much anymore, life just keeps me very busy.

Michael, I am looking forward to seeing you all at your annual show. I'll bring all 4 vehicles down.

IMG_2485_zpsccef404c.jpg

IMG_2482_zps0f298e74.jpg

IMG_2481_zpsf73e49a4.jpg

IMG_2502_zps282151a6.jpg

IMG_2500_zps5ec00da5.jpg

009102e2-a605-4b03-9736-85004735da7f_zps

652be4c2-b5a6-48a2-bf5d-ac3037dc8ee5_zps

d92bc9ff-ad3d-4ae1-a874-8efe980e296d_zps

IMG_2473_zps3bb9933e.jpg

IMG_2489_zps4bf48e0f.jpg

IMG_2490_zpsad6355dc.jpg

Archived