TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fantasy bidding on this 07 GT-H

So, here is an 07 GT-H originally owned by Hertz Corporation. It is number 008 with only 61 miles on her, up for auction at Barrett/Jackson in Vegas this September 23-25.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/currentcarlist.aspx?aid=383&sd=09/23/2010&ed=09/25/2010 CAR #637

Make your best guess. Final fantasy price is based on auction price + 10% Barrett/Jackson fee. Winner gets to BRAG, BRAG, BRAG and talk trash about he is "da sh!t" and knows his Shelby pricing.

My fantasy bid is $53,000

Take your best guess ladies (no offence intended towards all the guys out there ;))

QSS

By the way, I have absolutely nothing to do with this car other than the fact that I would like to buy it.

So, here is an 07 GT-H originally owned by Hertz Corporation. It is number 008 with only 61 miles on her, up for auction at Barrett/Jackson in Vegas this September 23-25.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/currentcarlist.aspx?aid=383&sd=09/23/2010&ed=09/25/2010 CAR #637

Make your best guess. Final fantasy price is based on auction price + 10% Barrett/Jackson fee. Winner gets to BRAG, BRAG, BRAG and talk trash about he is "da sh!t" and knows his Shelby pricing.

Take your best guess ladies (no offence intended towards all the guys out there ;))

QSS

By the way, I have absolutely nothing to do with this car other than the fact that I would like to buy it.

My fantasy bid will be $48,000 I was told I can still get $25,000 for mine with 41,000 miles on it

QSS

This car is very unique. In the Barret-Jackson listing it says there is a plaque that say "GTH P-2" which is for GTH Prototype 2. This is the only convertible that was displayed at the Hertz Corporate office, sitting right next to the 2006 GTH coupe which is " Prototype GT-H". This is going to be a very interesting auction on this car as it is literally "one of one". My guess is that it will exceed even the 5 speed stick convertibles in sales price. BUT guessing the final sale / reserve price is like "wetting up a rope". A fun one to watch though.

the car looks like it goes late saturday;could be good or not so good

Doc Scott

My #109 has 26000 miles and we wouldn't sell it for that price but have looked at a couple lately in the low 20s

This car is very unique. In the Barret-Jackson listing it says there is a plaque that say "GTH P-2" which is for GTH Prototype 2. This is the only convertible that was displayed at the Hertz Corporate office, sitting right next to the 2006 GTH coupe which is " Prototype GT-H". This is going to be a very interesting auction on this car as it is literally "one of one". My guess is that it will exceed even the 5 speed stick convertibles in sales price. BUT guessing the final sale / reserve price is like "wetting up a rope". A fun one to watch though.

I am pretty sure the 06 Prototype GT-H was at SAI for the last few years until it was sold this spring at BJ Florida. I have some nice shots with the prototype before they sold it. What prototype was at Hertz Corporate office and was there more than one 06 prototype??

AND, come on, ya gotta fantasy bid, its sooooo dang much fun.

QSS

I am pretty sure the 06 Prototype GT-H was at SAI for the last few years until it was sold this spring at BJ Florida. I have some nice shots with the prototype before they sold it. What prototype was at Hertz Corporate office and was there more than one 06 prototype??

AND, come on, ya gotta fantasy bid, its sooooo dang much fun.

QSS

The 2006 GTH coupe that is presently (since 2006) in the Hertz Corporate Office in Park Ridge NJ is CSM "Prototype GT-H" . This CSM designation is on the dash plate and on the under-hood Shelby plate. I believe the 2006 GTH at the SAI museum has "Prototype" on the dash and has a blank under-hood plate. The 2007 GTH convertible that's at Barrett- Jackson is a special car and maybe some Hertz employees or visitors to Park Ridge has a picture of it sitting in the first floor lobby at Hertz. This is going to be one of those deals requiring just the right two bidders. In this economy, who knows. Interestingly there are three 2007 GT-H convertibles of interest on the market, a 5speed stick in Florida, Hertz CEO automatic, and now 008 Hertz automatic Lobby car. Two of these cars made it into the $50,000 + range so my guess (a total guess) would be the Lobby car should bring around $60,000 but will be a "no sale" reserve. Did everyone notice the 2011 GT-350 that went up to $85,000 bidding on Ebay and was a "No sale" due to the Reserve?? Sellers in this weird market will "dangle the line" a bit before selling. The Barrett-Jackson auction will be fun to watch.

The 2006 GTH coupe that is presently (since 2006) in the Hertz Corporate Office in Park Ridge NJ is CSM "Prototype GT-H" . This CSM designation is on the dash plate and on the under-hood Shelby plate. I believe the 2006 GTH at the SAI museum has "Prototype" on the dash and has a blank under-hood plate. The 2007 GTH convertible that's at Barrett- Jackson is a special car and maybe some Hertz employees or visitors to Park Ridge has a picture of it sitting in the first floor lobby at Hertz. This is going to be one of those deals requiring just the right two bidders. In this economy, who knows. Interestingly there are three 2007 GT-H convertibles of interest on the market, a 5speed stick in Florida, Hertz CEO automatic, and now 008 Hertz automatic Lobby car. Two of these cars made it into the $50,000 + range so my guess (a total guess) would be the Lobby car should bring around $60,000 but will be a "no sale" reserve. Did everyone notice the 2011 GT-350 that went up to $85,000 bidding on Ebay and was a "No sale" due to the Reserve?? Sellers in this weird market will "dangle the line" a bit before selling. The Barrett-Jackson auction will be fun to watch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All B/J cars are No Reserve. In the beginning ( I attended many B/J auctions starting with the 2nd event - parking in a field or if you arrived early enough and luckly enough parking along the fence around the auction), Cars had reserves but that only lasted a few years (cars were not meeting the Reserve (people having unrealistic reserves).

The 2006 GTH coupe that is presently (since 2006) in the Hertz Corporate Office in Park Ridge NJ is CSM "Prototype GT-H" . This CSM designation is on the dash plate and on the under-hood Shelby plate. I believe the 2006 GTH at the SAI museum has "Prototype" on the dash and has a blank under-hood plate.

This is some interesting stuff. You see, I was kinda bitter that the 06 GT-H that sat at SAI museum was sent to auction without any notice here on our little forum and I thought it was the one and only 06 prototype. I never saw the under-hood plate on the on at SAI so I don't know what was there but I believe you.

Veeeeeeery interesting. If my company wasn't so dang slow this year, I might take a shot at the 07 at Barrett Jackson, but alas, this will not happen.

:cry:

Guess I'll just take one of my other rides out for a spin, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :peelout:

QSS

This is some interesting stuff. You see, I was kinda bitter that the 06 GT-H that sat at SAI museum was sent to auction without any notice here on our little forum and I thought it was the one and only 06 prototype. I never saw the under-hood plate on the on at SAI so I don't know what was there but I believe you.

Veeeeeeery interesting. If my company wasn't so dang slow this year, I might take a shot at the 07 at Barrett Jackson, but alas, this will not happen.

:cry:

Guess I'll just take one of my other rides out for a spin, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :peelout:

QSS

I bought one of the SAI "Executive" 2006 GT-Hs and picked it up in Las Vegas. While there I visited the museum and took pictures of the Museum 2006 "Prototype" including the dash and under-hood plates. The under-hood plate was there but was blank in the CSM # window. The dash plate had the "Prototype" designation. I just returned from New York doing a GT-H research project with a Hertz senior executive. He had a Hertz manager take a camera photo of the 2006 GT-H in the Hertz lobby (located at 225 Brae Blvd, Park Ridge NJ). Two photos were taken, one of the under-hood plate and one of the dash plate, BOTH had "Prototype GT-H" in the CSM # window. The retired Hertz Senior executive I interviewed said that the Hertz Lobby car was the first totally complete GT-H in 2006 that contained all of the Shelby parts that were approved for the remaining 499 cars. This information still needs to be sorted out and verified so cannot be "etched in stone" as yet. The GT-H story has 3 sides, SAI, Ford, and Hertz so a lot of information discovered may be in conflict with one or more of the other sides. Hopefully in the really near future, the Hertz side and some of the Ford side will be published and made available for Team Shelby members. The good thing is that the information IS being gathered so it won't be lost to history. There's a minimal amount of "day-to-day" records, information on the 1966 GT350-H, but the SAI Registry / Team Shelby is aggressively getting as much as possible on the 2006-2007 GT-H. thanks for your interest, Larry

I bought one of the SAI "Executive" 2006 GT-Hs and picked it up in Las Vegas. While there I visited the museum and took pictures of the Museum 2006 "Prototype" including the dash and under-hood plates. The under-hood plate was there but was blank in the CSM # window. The dash plate had the "Prototype" designation. I just returned from New York doing a GT-H research project with a Hertz senior executive. He had a Hertz manager take a camera photo of the 2006 GT-H in the Hertz lobby (located at 225 Brae Blvd, Park Ridge NJ). Two photos were taken, one of the under-hood plate and one of the dash plate, BOTH had "Prototype GT-H" in the CSM # window. The retired Hertz Senior executive I interviewed said that the Hertz Lobby car was the first totally complete GT-H in 2006 that contained all of the Shelby parts that were approved for the remaining 499 cars. This information still needs to be sorted out and verified so cannot be "etched in stone" as yet. The GT-H story has 3 sides, SAI, Ford, and Hertz so a lot of information discovered may be in conflict with one or more of the other sides. Hopefully in the really near future, the Hertz side and some of the Ford side will be published and made available for Team Shelby members. The good thing is that the information IS being gathered so it won't be lost to history. There's a minimal amount of "day-to-day" records, information on the 1966 GT350-H, but the SAI Registry / Team Shelby is aggressively getting as much as possible on the 2006-2007 GT-H. thanks for your interest, Larry

Thanks for your work on this Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, just sold for $70k plus 10% commission so final selling price is $77,000k and the winner is.......... Naa-V-Doc. Way to go.

We were all wayyyyyy off.

Too bad the coverage was not even on TV. I had to watch it on the live stream on Speed TV. I don't get this. Shelby has supported Barrett Jackson all these years and when an important Shelby comes up for auction, boom, off to commercial they go. What's up with that anyway.

If I was a big cheese at SAI I would be screamin and yellin and tellin BJ "no more SAI cars until you get us full coverage". They can take SAI money in terms of commission but this car comes up and it's not worthy of TV time?

Time to bust some heads.

jmho

QSS

If I was a big cheese at SAI I would be screamin and yellin and tellin BJ "no more SAI cars until you get us full coverage". They can take SAI money in terms of commission but this car comes up and it's not worthy of TV time?

Time to bust some heads.

jmho

QSS

This car is/was not owned by SAI. No reason for us to scream and yell.

Steve

True........but I always scream and yell when they cut to a commercial when a Shelby comes up for auction. They need to save the commercials for Chevys. :D

QSS

I hear ya. What irritates me is when the SpeedTv commentators talk over the B-J car description. Why SpeedTv can't wait a few seconds for the car description to be read by the auctioneer and then SpeedTv can start commenting once the bidding gets rolling. It was especially irritiating tonight on the SAI cars when the SpeedTv commentators were describing the grabber orange car as yellow, saying the razor wheels were an option on the GT-C cars, misquoting production figures, etc. And don't even get me going on their GTH comments.

Steve

I hear ya. What irritates me is when the SpeedTv commentators talk over the B-J car description. Why SpeedTv can't wait a few seconds for the car description to be read by the auctioneer and then SpeedTv can start commenting once the bidding gets rolling. It was especially irritiating tonight on the SAI cars when the SpeedTv commentators were describing the grabber orange car as yellow, saying the razor wheels were an option on the GT-C cars, misquoting production figures, etc. And don't even get me going on their GTH comments.

Steve

That's what I'm gettin at, Shelby is a big supporter of BJ, ya think someone could ensure that the facts are conveyed instead of butchered and they did miss their 5sp produced for 2006 by one. They were close, kinda like all their shelby facts they blurt out........close.

I guess in the end the general public has no idea and only Shelby dorks like us can pick it all apart. It's good to be a dork right :kuko:

QSS

yes, I was also pleasantly surprised to see it go for that much, but I think it's due to the prototype rarity.

Very frustrated to see it listed at the bottom of the screen after the commercial, especially when they are showing way too many Chevelles, GTO's etc. Or car's that are all pretty much the same, like all those customs that nobody else owns.

yes, I was also pleasantly surprised to see it go for that much, but I think it's due to the prototype rarity.

Very frustrated to see it listed at the bottom of the screen after the commercial, especially when they are showing way too many Chevelles, GTO's etc. Or car's that are all pretty much the same, like all those customs that nobody else owns.

Yeah that's what I'm talkin about. Significant car.....cut to commercial, generic Chevelle ......... let's get the cameras and discussion going after all it's going to for at least $24,500 .

Thanks bro........ misery loves company :D .

QSS

Archived