TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter storage

FiaCobra

Before you know it, winter will be here. Time to think about putting the KR under wraps for the winter.

Besides the normal oil change and battery tender routine, anyone here have other ideas? I'm thinking of getting the "bubble" that [Grabber] uses to ward off moisture and mice. Only thing is, i'll need one that isn't too big. I want to be able to get around the car once it's fully inflated.

Anyone here have the same bubble? If so, what size did you end up getting?

"Stabil" fuel preservative in the fuel (run engine a while to fully circulate the Stabil), and an extra 5 PSI in the tires, then place thick carpet pads under each tire to help prevent flat spotting. Place "Bounce" fabic sheets on the floor mats & behind seats on floor, to keep bugs out. Lots of people like to give it a good wax job, and put the car cover on. :)

...I didn't know about the Bounce fabric sheets. Does that stuff really keep the critters away???

Interesting.

So I've been led to believe. I stick 'em on paper plates inside my stored truck, just so I know they won't stain anything. My friend in North Dakota says some locals have a rodent problem when storing, and they swear by Bounce fabric sheets; they put them anywhere that bugs or mice/rats may go. Doesn't hurt anything, and keeps the car smelling bouncy fresh. ;)

Before you know it, winter will be here. Time to think about putting the KR under wraps for the winter.

Besides the normal oil change and battery tender routine, anyone here have other ideas? I'm thinking of getting the "bubble" that [Grabber] uses to ward off moisture and mice. Only thing is, i'll need one that isn't too big. I want to be able to get around the car once it's fully inflated.

I bought the 16 foot long X 72 inches wide X 68 inches tall model # PDKCC16. It fits great and has 8 plus inches all the way around when it is blown up.

Here is the linky to the product. CarCapsule: The Ultimate Car Cover

I bought the 16 foot long X 72 inches wide X 68 inches tall model # PDKCC16. It fits great and has 8 plus inches all the way around when it is blown up.

Here is the linky to the product. CarCapsule: The Ultimate Car Cover

Rob,

I don't think you'd need a bubble in Arizona (except for the occasional sand storms and the current monsoon season). How's the first week going? I was on the phone with a friend in Mesa and he was reporting 113 degrees. Way to hot. Do they pour the forms at night?

Rob,

I don't think you'd need a bubble in Arizona (except for the occasional sand storms and the current monsoon season). How's the first week going? I was on the phone with a friend in Mesa and he was reporting 113 degrees. Way to hot. Do they pour the forms at night?

My car is not here in AZ with me. Today was very different here for me. At 8:30am a freak un predicted Monsoon blew in and it rained harder than I have ever seen it rain in Oregon or Washingon. It dumped for 20 minutes, and then stopped. The cloud cover knocked the heat down to the mid 90's. The last 4 days it has been 108 to 112 depending on where you were in the Phoenix / Chandler area. My work is mostly inside on at a huge total gut and remodel of a very large factory. There must be 2000 workers on this big job. I'm fitting in very well and have met some nice people that I'm working with. I know about 15 of the main people running the job. I'm one of the supervisors and have been given 2 large areas to manage and build out. Not much concrete to pour on this job, but we are putting up a bunch of CMU block with grouted cells.

I have a question about the car bubble. Once the bubble is sealed that would potentially keep out the critters, but I don't see a difference in the environment from the outside and inside of this bubble. Isn't the air in the bubble the same as what you are blowing into it from the outside? Or is it just for a cushion of protection?

I have a question about the car bubble. Once the bubble is sealed that would potentially keep out the critters, but I don't see a difference in the environment from the outside and inside of this bubble. Isn't the air in the bubble the same as what you are blowing into it from the outside? Or is it just for a cushion of protection?

The front of the fan has a filter on it to keep any dust from entering the inside of the car capsul. The bottom of the capsul is made out of a heavy black plastic mat material that keeps moisture from migrating up thru the concrete and landing on the bottom of your car in the form of condensate (water). If you live in a wet state, you would be surprized how much moisture come thru the concrete floor in yur garage or shop.

The air pressure in the capsul will protect the car from a rake falling off the wall or a bike tipping over on the car.

Dry nitrogen would make a good fill gas, but potentially dangerous if something goes amiss.

Dry nitrogen would make a good fill gas, but potentially dangerous if something goes amiss.

The air in the bubble is being constantly circulated. There is a open outlet and a filtered inlet. It keeps dust out but moisuture (humidity) still gets in, and then back out (via the outlet).

If a person *really* wanted to keep the air dry, they could use a AC unit or dehumidifier to feed the inlet "conditioned" (dry) air.

And all beware of the "pipe mice". Mice have been known to get into a exhaust pipe and if you don't have CAT's, they can go all the way up past a open exh. valve and make a nest in a cylinder. I know guys with Harley's that it has happened to. Stuff a shop rag in each exhaust pipe, If you forget it when you start your car the exhaust pressure will just blow it out on its own.

HTH,

Phill

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FIA,

You might consider a AIR CHAMBER.

It has poles that make up a frame that you drive into and out of.

Same idea as the "bubble". A little more expensive however it never touches the car.

I have both one for the Ford GT and the bubble for the KR and I like the AIR CHAMBER a little better.

I bought through these guys www.copperstarproducts.com

I am not affiliated with this vendor just a satisfied customer.

Darin

Archived