TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2011 checking in

tdreed1265

Hello all from Northern California.

New to the forum motivated by my recent acquisition of a 2011 Shelby GT500.

Black with tape stripe delete

Electronics package

SVT Performance Package

I'll miss my Redfire Metallic 2006 GT that I sold, but I think I'll get over it. This is my 4th mustang and hopefully not my last, though I hope to have the GT500 for a long time.

I've owned the following:

1977 Mustang Ghia - White. My first Mustang. The 302 was anemic, but it was the only Mustang I could afford at the time. I still have a soft spot for Mustang II's.

1985 GT Convertible - Black/White Top, 5 speed. I bought this brand new and it's still in my stable. All stock except for Flowmasters, brand new 3 core radiator, and new Black Convertible Top.

2006 GT - Redfire Metallic. Premium, 18 inch rims, Shaker 500, 5 speed. 300 HP of fun, but had to sacrifice for the Shelby :-(

2011 Shelby GT500 - 150 miles since purchased last Sunday. Haven't stopped smiling :-)

I'm entered in a car show next week (through work) and looking forward to learning more about everyone else's Shelby's here on the forum!

Picture of my two Pony's

post-29877-128280426393_thumb.jpg

post-29877-128280467044_thumb.jpg

Electronics package

SVT Performance Package

I'll miss my Redfire Metallic 2006 GT that I sold, but I think I'll get over it. This is my 4th mustang and hopefully not my last, though I hope to have the GT500 for a long time.

1977 Mustang Ghia - White. My first Mustang. The 302 was anemic, but it was the only Mustang I could afford at the time. I still have a soft spot for Mustang II's.

1985 GT Convertible - Black/White Top, 5 speed. I bought this brand new and it's still in my stable. All stock except for Flowmasters, brand new 3 core radiator, and new Black Convertible Top.

2006 GT - Redfire Metallic. Premium, 18 inch rims, Shaker 500, 5 speed. 300 HP of fun, but had to sacrifice for the Shelby :-(

2011 Shelby GT500 - 150 miles since purchased last Sunday. Haven't stopped smiling :-)

I'm entered in a car show next week (through work) and looking forward to learning more about everyone else's Shelby's here on the forum!

Picture of my two Pony's

tdreed1265,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congratulations on your new Shelby! It's a beauty. Why don't you join some of us this weekend at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma for SAAC 35. You might bump into Carroll Shelby.superhero.gif

• 2 months later...

Love the fox body man :)

Are those the stock wheels that came on it? Never seen those before.

Thanks....it's still a fun car to drive!

The wheels were dealer installed OEM. I'm not sure the brand, but I think they were Centra's. I've never seen another set since. 4 lugs, but I like the look and it's just a pleasure driver anyway.

Picture of my two Pony's

What part of Nor-Cal ya from?

The pic with the houses looks like Santa Rosa/Petaluma but the pic with the hills in the BG look more like the Chular/Greenfield/Soledad area.

I'm a recent transplant to CO from CA. Prunedale (Salinas area) to Colorado Springs.

I miss Cali something fierce, especially the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur coast. But I used to stay at a bud's house in Petaluma every year on the way up to the Redwood Run (motorcycle event/party).

Welcome to Team Shelby forums. Be sure to wear your thick skin suit, not your thin skin! <grin>

Phill Pollard

What part of Nor-Cal ya from?

The pic with the houses looks like Santa Rosa/Petaluma but the pic with the hills in the BG look more like the Chular/Greenfield/Soledad area.

I'm a recent transplant to CO from CA. Prunedale (Salinas area) to Colorado Springs.

I miss Cali something fierce, especially the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur coast. But I used to stay at a bud's house in Petaluma every year on the way up to the Redwood Run (motorcycle event/party).

Welcome to Team Shelby forums. Be sure to wear your thick skin suit, not your thin skin! <grin>

Phill Pollard

Thanks Phill.

We're in the South Bay area (Gilroy), so not to far from Prunedale. Lot's of good back roads still to cruise.

We're in the South Bay area (Gilroy), so not to far from Prunedale.

23 miles to be exact!

There's another couple of Shelby guys REAL CLOSE to you.

Morgan Hill, Hollister and Elkhorn come to mind. Also a couple of guys in Marina but I think one is a SGT, not a GT500.

I lived in Gilroy when I was a kid. My uncle is a guy named Baja Ghotb. He started a little place called Baja Burgers there in town. I'll bet you know the place! It hasn't been his in eon's though.

Phill

Electronics package

SVT Performance Package

Picture of my two Pony's

Welcome to the site TD! Nice car, I think I have seen one just like it!!!

Archived