TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Used cars

thewheelman

There's a Used Car (Buy Here-Pay Here) a couple of miles from my house and I laugh every time I go by. For months, and I mean several months they had a Geo Tracker soft top that had no windows in it....winter & summer....that had, and I'm not kidding, a dryer vent for a hood scoop. Right now they've got a GMC Jimmy that is mostly navy blue but with a silver fender and white hood. I had spotted the mis-matched parts a long time ago, but was stopped in traffic right in front of it the other day and finally saw the duct tape, yep, good ol' 200 mph gray duct tape holding the front bumper on. There's an Oldsmobile that looks like it's got skin cancer and what really prompted this rant.....a red Volvo wagon which looks pretty good, paint's ok, wheels are clean....but then you get to the bungee cord that's stretched from the front bumper to the cowl! At first I thought it was holding the hood down but they've moved the car recently and I believe it's holding the grill in.....maybe it's multi-functional. I laugh every time I go by. The kicker is....this is the same lot, but different owner now, where we spotted and purchased my son's 1972 Jensen Healey! Change of ownership didn't do much for them!

I bet 1/2 their cars have been flooded and have their odometers turned back..."Run Forrest Run!" It's amazing how some of these companies stay in business.

Archived