TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Boss Mustang News

crispy23c

Okay, guys.

I am not a premature poster, but I could not help myself. You have heard of 'My Ford' magazine (for current Ford owners), right?

Well, my buddy at work got his last night and there were a few tidbits about the Boss!

I have not got my copy yet, so I cannot confirm. I went onto my online account, and the article is not posted there.

Ford indicated that the Boss Mustang will be offered with a 'variety of engines' ranging from (drumroll please) a 265 HP base model up to a 500 HP model. While I have not yet seen the article, I trust this guy because he is a former Ford mechanic and a Ford fanatic- like us. As soon as my copy comes in, I will scan & post it.

That's all for now, but if accurate it should put to rest the "only 1,000 units will be built" junk (we all knew it wasn't true) and spins the car in a whole new light. Stay tuned!

~Chris

Okay, guys.

I am not a premature poster, but I could not help myself. You have heard of 'My Ford' magazine (for current Ford owners), right?

Well, my buddy at work got his last night and there were a few tidbits about the Boss!

I have not got my copy yet, so I cannot confirm. I went onto my online account, and the article is not posted there.

Ford indicated that the Boss Mustang will be offered with a 'variety of engines' ranging from (drumroll please) a 265 HP base model up to a 500 HP model. While I have not yet seen the article, I trust this guy because he is a former Ford mechanic and a Ford fanatic- like us. As soon as my copy comes in, I will scan & post it.

That's all for now, but if accurate it should put to rest the "only 1,000 units will be built" junk (we all knew it wasn't true) and spins the car in a whole new light. Stay tuned!

~Chris

Thanks Chris. When you get more information, please share. I'll be watching the mailbox as well. The only concern is that the 265 hp model is much less than the current GT and I would in no way consider it a "Boss" unless it a real flyweight. At least we are finally getting a few more concrete details from Ford on the Boss, thanks for sharing!!

My sincere apologies. I feel like chicken little. He emailed me a .pdf file, and it was a marketing spin. They were talking about the FRP Boss motors for racing applications. I severly 'chastised' him for being a dumb :censored: ! He then slammed the marketing folks at Ford as being 'evil' :hysterical:

I'm gonna close this thread......

Archived