TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next model year shipping dates

stevedm

Can anyone twill me when to expect the 2012's to show up in dealerships....or when the 2011's were out. I'm trying to judge weather or not to wait. In North Dakota the car will sit all winter anyway but if I can't get a 2012 until august of next year I might as well just get the 11.

Thanks

Can anyone twill me when to expect the 2012's to show up in dealerships....or when the 2011's were out. I'm trying to judge weather or not to wait. In North Dakota the car will sit all winter anyway but if I can't get a 2012 until august of next year I might as well just get the 11.

Thanks

Depends on the model. Some models can arrive as early as September/October (2012 Explorer?), and some others arrive as late as spring (April/May), however the order banks open much earler than the production of the model begins. You should start seeing the 2012 GT500's hit the showrooms February/March 2011, but you should be able to order one as early as October- December 2010.

Depends on the model. Some models can arrive as early as September/October (2012 Explorer?), and some others arrive as late as spring (April/May), however the order banks open much earler than the production of the model begins. You should start seeing the 2012 GT500's hit the showrooms February/March 2011, but you should be able to order one as early as October- December 2010.

the key date is Job one,ie when the make the first GT500.In 2010,they were planning on march/april deliveries,and made some cars in Feb and March--but held them due to quality issues.So they really didint start shippind and making in volume till May/June--this year was about the same period,but it had the same Job 1 date.As to ordeing eary id advise against that.Both years, the cars ordered earliest,and made eary didnt ship til late.A forum memeber annette,ordered hesr in Jan,and just got her cara week ago. I orderedmy 10 in Feb and got it in June.Id wait till after the Job 1 date and see how things go.They always ship the first cars to dealers,so youll see them on ebay early on--hope this helps

Ford said was going to keep the 2011 model out for a while to catch up with calendar year. I wouldn't look for 2012 til the summer 2011. I found this on Car and Drivers web site.

'If you’re looking for Ford to make further improvements on the Mustang, well, you’re going to have to wait. There are no plans to launch the 2012 model early next year. Fortunately, the 2011 model should keep us entertained during the 21 months it will take for the calendar to catch up.'

This for the GT and the V6 but I'm sure it goes for the GT500. Here's the link. Its at the bottom.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/10q1/2011_ford_mustang-first_ride

Mark

Is there even going to be a 2012 GT500?? Any info on that would be great!

Yes, there will be a 2012 GT500, and the upcoming 2012 Z28 will wilt* because of it. Ford (and SA for that matter) will be taking no prisoners in the current H.P. wars. :happy feet:

* wilt 1 (wlt)

v. wilt·ed, wilt·ing, wilts

v.intr.

1. To become limp or flaccid; droop. :hysterical:

2. To feel or exhibit the effects of fatigue or exhaustion; weaken markedly.

v.tr.

1. To cause to droop or lose freshness. :hysterical:

2. To deprive of energy or vigor; fatigue or exhaust.

Found the following on blue oval news. I don't know how accurate it is.

The following information was released yesterday via the Fleet Distribution News Bulletin - May 28, 2010

01/14/11 - 2011 MY Job Last Date

11/08/10 - 2012 MY Order Bank Open Date

12/02/10 - 2012 MY Scheduling Begins

01/18/11 - 2012 MY Job #1 Date

Good info. I guess I will keep my current order going. Kona blue with red stripes, svtpp, glass roof, electronics pkg...currently one of six made or ordered.

i LUV that combo!!it just screams SHELBY when you see it.Theres one here in Atl,and i looks great.bob

Yes, there will be a 2012 GT500, and the upcoming 2012 Z28 will wilt* because of it. Ford (and SA for that matter) will be taking no prisoners in the current H.P. wars. :happy feet:

* wilt 1 (wlt)

v. wilt·ed, wilt·ing, wilts

v.intr.

1. To become limp or flaccid; droop. :hysterical:

2. To feel or exhibit the effects of fatigue or exhaustion; weaken markedly.

v.tr.

1. To cause to droop or lose freshness. :hysterical:

2. To deprive of energy or vigor; fatigue or exhaust.

Will the 2012 GT500 wear some real rubber so that all of is turgid, throbbing power can do more than be wasted in the first 1/2 second of use before the fun really begins?

*To continue the Fruedian motif*

Further, the Z28 will have the same power as the 2011 GT500 (roughly). It weighs about the same as the CSTS-V (which is the same speed as the GT500 (roughly).

You seem to imply that the new GT500 will skulldrag the Z28. This means SERIOUS improvement to the chassis/engine.

Am I off base?

I can't belive we are talking about 2012. I placed my order in Feb, got it in June... just doesn't seem like enough time has passed yet. I better get out there and show it off before the new ones come out.

+1. Your car is roughly equal to a CTS-V in acceleration. If the new GT500 will make the new Z28 (same as CTS-V, just a tad lighter) "wilt", then it is probably getting something like the TVS stock or something. It is going to be a beast, or Son of a GT's projection is inaccurate, and he seems to know his stuff.

Go have fun now. Cars are like computers it seems now days. Back in the day, they didn't improve stuff until the next model it seemed (based on looking back at the LT1/5.0, etc.)

Archived