TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My First Shelby! 07SGT1978!!!!

sgt1978

After what seems like a hundred years of being a Shelby Enthusiast, I have proudly become a Shelby Owner! 07SGT1978 is in for a happy life, she has just 2600 miles on her now, having spent the early part of life as a garage queen, but I have put 500 miles on her in a week, mostly showing off! Like Carroll said once, these cars are meant to be driven. That said, there will be a lot of garage time, and no winters!!!!!!! I have had a lot of Mustangs through the years, but nothing is like a Shelby.........

Whoops, my daughter just reminded me this is my SECOND Shelby.......her name is Shelby. :doh:

I am good with cars, bad with computers, so I cannot seem to get a picture of the Shelby in here from my pictures.....pic's to follow after I figure this out.

After what seems like a hundred years of being a Shelby Enthusiast, I have proudly become a Shelby Owner! 07SGT1978 is in for a happy life, she has just 2600 miles on her now, having spent the early part of life as a garage queen, but I have put 500 miles on her in a week, mostly showing off! Like Carroll said once, these cars are meant to be driven. That said, there will be a lot of garage time, and no winters!!!!!!! I have had a lot of Mustangs through the years, but nothing is like a Shelby.........

Whoops, my daughter just reminded me this is my SECOND Shelby.......her name is Shelby. :doh:

I am good with cars, bad with computers, so I cannot seem to get a picture of the Shelby in here from my pictures.....pic's to follow after I figure this out.

Congrats to you!!! Your CSM# is the year I graduated from HS...Geez....32 years gone by already...Man, I'm getting old!

Congrats to you!!! Your CSM# is the year I graduated from HS...Geez....32 years gone by already...Man, I'm getting old!

Yeah, it's also the year I got my driver's license!

Man I needed that, sometimes you just need to fill young thanks. That is a year before I was born. In my shop I am the second oldest person so sometimes you need a smile. Sorry for the thread jack. Welcome to the Shelby family.

Whoops, my daughter just reminded me this is my SECOND Shelby.......her name is Shelby. doh.gif

Congrats!!!!! You have a stellar attitude about the car I might add, they are too fun not to enjoy on the road and track!!!! Cheers and Welcome to TS.

Welcome to Team Shelby, enjoy that new ride. As Gregg stated, make sure you get that baby registered. If you need help we are here.

Chris

Wow!!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes! it is good to feel like I am at "home"! I registered her before I picked her up!!! The team at Team Shelby has been incredibly helpful with everything I have done - kudos to all at TS.

Mods.......my wife busted me last night checking out blowers and six-speeds! My first mod is definitely camber plates - I have already ruined tires on a couple of cars by not having them.....Any mods I do are going to be bolt on - as a lifelong first gen Mustang guy, I just can't cut up and drill holes in a Mustang, never mind a Shelby. I have to be able to return it to original with no trace of mods

Again, thanks for all the welcomes, and I look forward to meeting all or some of you at upcoming events. Is it too early to start planning a huge Shelby event at the 50th Mustang Anniversary?

Cheers, Gary

Archived