TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-11 Factory Option Car Cover

shelbymotorsports

A 2011 GT500 owner contacted me about how would he order the exact same cover that Ford would have tossed in the trunk if his car had the car cover option. His dealership says they can only get that gray interior car cover with a black snake logo on the front and the name Shelby on the rear.

He wants the factory cover in black with red stripes. I steered him towards the Shelby Store but since I do not know for a fact that the Shelby Store cover is exactly the same as the factory installed cover I figured someone here may have looked into this.

Does anyone know if the 2010-11 factory covers are listed in the oem parts book? I don't mean the accessory catalog that lists the gray cotton cover but the actual parts book for the Mustang line-up.

Any ideas?

Steve

A 2011 GT500 owner contacted me about how would he order the exact same cover that Ford would have tossed in the trunk if his car had the car cover option. His dealership says they can only get that gray interior car cover with a black snake logo on the front and the name Shelby on the rear.

He wants the factory cover in black with red stripes. I steered him towards the Shelby Store but since I do not know for a fact that the Shelby Store cover is exactly the same as the factory installed cover I figured someone here may have looked into this.

Does anyone know if the 2010-11 factory covers are listed in the oem parts book? I don't mean the accessory catalog that lists the gray cotton cover but the actual parts book for the Mustang line-up.

Any ideas?

Steve

Huh? My car had the factory option cover ("tossed in the trunk", as you say) and it is a pretty flimsy grey cotton piece, nothing that sounds like "black with red stripes" or anything close.

Sounds to me like the grey one is the only Ford cover available and maybe you have a different aftermarket one in mind. Or maybe the 2007-09 covers were different?

Huh? My car had the factory option cover ("tossed in the trunk", as you say) and it is a pretty flimsy grey cotton piece, nothing that sounds like "black with red stripes" or anything close.

Sounds to me like the grey one is the only Ford cover available and maybe you have a different aftermarket one in mind. Or maybe the 2007-09 covers were different?

Well I just looked at the 2010 ordering guide and Ford lists the cover option as:

Cover, Full Vehicle - Weathershield, w/Shelby Script & Cobra Logo

Weathershield fabric should not be flimsy cotton but a heavy in weight more of a nylon type material. I believe Weathershield is CoverCrafts top of the line material. It sounds like you have an interior use only cotton cover.

But it does look like the customer is wrong and that the factory covers "tossed in the trunk" do not come in colors with stripes like the ones the Shelby Store sells.

Anyone here thay can verify this for us?

Steve

My "thrown in the trunk" cover is the Grey cover with shelby across the bum. It's not cotton, but it is a thin material that appears to be weatherproof, similar type of material you might find in a good camping tent. Part # on the bag is AR3J-19A412-AA

Thanks everyone. The customer was misinformed which had me second guessing things.

The facotry option car cover is indeed gray in color with the Cobra logo on the front and the Shelby name on the rear. It is manufactured by CoverCraft and is their Weathershield indoor/outdoor material.

Steve

The Shelby Catalog has a Black with Red Stripes Cover. Part #CC-SH-507 It is for the 2007-2009 Shelby GT 500 but will fit the 2010-2011 Shelbys. Only difference is the Antana Location.

No need to order the earlier cover. The Shelby Store has the covers for the 2010-11 GT500's.

Steve

I just purchased a cover from the shelby store, with stripes to match. Comes with a nice storage bag, and is made of a really soft, almost spandex like material. Very nice cover and fits perfectly.

Archived