TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque Info

Cobra Boy

I spoke with Steve at Shelby and asked about the signed dash plaques for the GT500 and he said that they likely won't be available until mid March sometime due to the volume of plaques that Carroll is signing. Steve was super nice so I told him I would post this info on a couple of websites to maybe save him a call or two.

Just thought I would update everyone.

CB

I spoke with Steve at Shelby and asked about the signed dash plaques for the GT500 and he said that they likely won't be available until mid March sometime due to the volume of plaques that Carroll is signing. Steve was super nice so I told him I would post this info on a couple of websites to maybe save him a call or two.

Just thought I would update everyone.

CB

thanks for the info

funny they are not making them available, Why not sign them and sell them, unless they will all be sent out at once,,,maybeeeeee???? :hyper:

thanks for the info

funny they are not making them available, Why not sign them and sell them, unless they will all be sent out at once,,,maybeeeeee???? :hyper:

HA - that would be great - but I think more like so they can just print the VIN on it when you buy it.....talk about profit though man....say 5K a year but that at 280 or what ever. that's over a mil. in profit I think. Ficure the sifnature is $200 each and the plaque itself is nothing spectacular. Selling 5K is 1.4 Mil. in rev. so it must be well over a mil. in profit for that one. At least they won't get slammed for being out od stock and not shipping when we order it though.....

By the way send me 100 bucks and what ever you want signed and I'll be happy to do it.

HA - that would be great - but I think more like so they can just print the VIN on it when you buy it.....talk about profit though man....say 5K a year but that at 280 or what ever. that's over a mil. in profit I think. Ficure the sifnature is $200 each and the plaque itself is nothing spectacular. Selling 5K is 1.4 Mil. in rev. so it must be well over a mil. in profit for that one. At least they won't get slammed for being out od stock and not shipping when we order it though.....

By the way send me 100 bucks and what ever you want signed and I'll be happy to do it.

We'll need your address :reading:

I'd like your signed pink slip. I have $100 ready to go in my paypal account :shift:

I got your point. Could there be any connection to the GT500 Registry that just opened

Vin, Name, Address...

still just wishful thinking

I got your point. Could there be any connection to the GT500 Registry that just opened

Vin, Name, Address...

still just wishful thinking

Anything is possible....it's just been my observation that Shelby Auto's is not in the business of giving away anything. I'm not saying this in a bad way either - just pointing out that they would be doing all of this at their expense and while it would go a long way in making us happy it would probably not get them the rewards that selling these for the cost they have planned will.....unless Ford in all of their financial security and money management has decided to fron the cost for us to SAI....and I don't see that as being a realistic expectation.....I would love to be proven wrong, but my expectations of being presented with anything that I don't purchase (in addition to the car) are not very high.

Anything is possible....it's just been my observation that Shelby Auto's is not in the business of giving away anything. I'm not saying this in a bad way either - just pointing out that they would be doing all of this at their expense and while it would go a long way in making us happy it would probably not get them the rewards that selling these for the cost they have planned will.....unless Ford in all of their financial security and money management has decided to fron the cost for us to SAI....and I don't see that as being a realistic expectation.....I would love to be proven wrong, but my expectations of being presented with anything that I don't purchase (in addition to the car) are not very high.

you've got a valid point. The value of SAI giving this away is only in loyalty...SAI doesn't seem to be at risk of losing fans. Generate revenue, that's the objective. :ohsnap: OK I'm deflated, maybe I can get a job as a speed bump

I want to purchase an autographed dash plaque, but don't think it's right to have the Las Vegas corporation logo on it. I sent an email about this and I received a reply today from John Walker @ shelby auto's. He informed me that the GT500's autographed plaques will not have the Las Vegas, NV coporate logo. They will only have signature and Vin #'s. I'm not holding my breath to get a free one so as soon as they become available I'm ordering mine.

I want to purchase an autographed dash plaque, but don't think it's right to have the Las Vegas corporation logo on it. I sent an email about this and I received a reply today from John Walker @ shelby auto's. He informed me that the GT500's autographed plaques will not have the Las Vegas, NV coporate logo. They will only have signature and Vin #'s. I'm not holding my breath to get a free one so as soon as they become available I'm ordering mine.

I spoke to Amy last month about the dash Plaques and she told me that they were very high quality. I can't waite to order mine. Now that my car is delayed till March...It will be in time for the plaque too. :baby:

I spoke to Amy las month about the dash Plaques and she told me that they were very high quality. I can't waite to order mine. Now that my car is delayed till March...It will be in time for the plaque too. :baby:

Did Amy say how they would attach to the dash?

\

Dude, are you crazy man...you DO want the Las Vegas logo on it ...that's part of the whole point...It gives it the Shelby touch. I'm out if it's not on there, period. Marketing 101. I'll send you the book.

\

Dude, are you crazy man...you DO want the Las Vegas logo on it ...that's part of the whole point...It gives it the Shelby touch. I'm out if it's not on there, period. Marketing 101. I'll send you the book.

The dash plaque HAS the CS logo:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=106

Don't know what all the fuss is, that photo was posted months ago and nothing has changes except availabilty date. Don't hold your breath on getting these for free from Ford. Ford will likely send something to 07 Shelby buyers, they have a long history of doing so but not this plaque.

As soon as available, SA gets an order from me.

Don't know what all the fuss is, that photo was posted months ago and nothing has changes except availabilty date. Don't hold your breath on getting these for free from Ford. Ford will likely send something to 07 Shelby buyers, they have a long history of doing so but not this plaque.

Never say never.

\

Dude, your out unless you buy the 40th package, sorry.

The Logo will be a little different then what is on the Web page. I do not know the details, but it will be a little different.

\

When they become available I'll let you buy one first. If it has the Las Vegas address on it when you get please let me know. The Shelby I bought was designed and engineered by Ford's SVT team with input and suggestions from Mr Shelby. However it was made in Michigan by Ford on their assembly line period. Why would I want to acknowledge the Carroll Shelby coporation where the Shelby GT's are being completed. If you check the copyright and credits in the Marketing 101 book you will see I wrote chapters 8 to 12.

Dude, your out unless you buy the 40th package, sorry.

The Masda site is over there Flat Stone. I think you have wishful thinking and are a little confused. I know a good therapist. Also, my GT-500 was made in Las Vegas.

You see Carroll brought his Intellectual Property with him to help design the car "THE SHELBY"...DO YOU HEAR ME "THE SHELBY" and he is from Las Vegas. Flat Rock just happens to be one of his satellite offices. I feel very sorry for you.

The Logo will be a little different then what is on the Web page. I do not know the details, but it will be a little different.

Well, I would not mind if they remove the line that says "Las Vegas, Nevada" from it but the CS logo has been pretty much unchanged since the 60s. I would expect the logo and Carroll's signature to both apear. Beyond that, why does any address or location need be mentioned at all? Heck add the SVT logo too if it really makes everyone feel better, it was a joint effort after all.

Perhaps Amy will weigh in with some info on where this is going.

Archived