TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sept 2010 Barrett Jackson Las Vegas

twobjshelbys

I'm starting to make plans. I will be driving the Cobra (if I still have it) in the parade down the strip on Wednesday. I'll be towing it out for the event.

The car list has not been posted yet.

Is anyone else going? I'll be there through the week but haven't decided if I'm going to leave on Sunday or Monday (it will depend on what is on the list).

• 3 weeks later...

For sure. We should also find a place to meet. I don't know yet when I'll be arriving but it will be early in the week. I'm trying to get there by Tuesday. The Parade is on Wednesday but I want a day to hopefully make use of some data logging time, maybe on the speed shop dyno.

For sure. We should also find a place to meet. I don't know yet when I'll be arriving but it will be early in the week. I'm trying to get there by Tuesday. The Parade is on Wednesday but I want a day to hopefully make use of some data logging time, maybe on the speed shop dyno.

I planned on getting there Thursday night. But all things are subject to change, LOL!

Anyone who is driving to Vegas and would be interested in participating in the "car show" contact me and I'll send you Barrett Jackson contact. They are having a "car club" show outside the hotel on Thu, Fri and Sat, and still have openings. It is limited to 100 vehicles each day, and multiple days are permitted. You do have to have your vehicle there between 8:00AM and 8:30AM. Participants get a "pass for two for that day". PM me if interested.

If you've seen this associated with a Las Vegas car club that isn't necessarily so... You can be a club of 1.

My participation with the Cobra this week is looking very iffy. I towed the Cobra in on Sunday and unloaded it for a quick ride and no clutch. Looks like the slave cylinder bought the farm. I took it up to the Shelby Speed Shop (great bunch of guys and having GaryP and the Cobra Guys across the parking lot doesn't hurt). The whole trans has to be pulled to get to the slave so it's down for at least two days. That's assuming parts can be had. Oh well...

If you're watching the auction on TV when they break to the demo track watch for my car. The camera guy asked me to move my Cobra into the field of view of their boom.

Jer, I'll try the phone number you emailed but it rang at the store I think. I'm leaving in a few minutes to head up there.

Beautiful weather this morning. I left the Cobra at the site and this morning they had coned everything for a different route for moving the cars from the exhibit area to the block, and mine is stuck right in the middle. Good thing I went early. I spoke with a guy and the show area isn't getting much attention - there are no signs or anything to it. Too bad because there are some nice cars there (and will be more later today).

I got some pictures yesterday afternoon but it will take some time to sort through them.

Archived