TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 GT500 Sticking Gas Peddle

bleu venom

Hello,

Has anyone experienced this?? It just started. Yesterday when I was passing on the freeway going from 3 to 4 and today it did it twice on the freeway from 4 to 5. Had to take it out of gear and kept slapping the peddle, but it finally let go on its own. It was strange because I could feel the peddle sink to the floor.

It's in the shop now, but would like to know if it has happened to anyone before.

Thanks,

Ron

Car has 8k on it.

Hello,

Has anyone experienced this?? It just started. Yesterday when I was passing on the freeway going from 3 to 4 and today it did it twice on the freeway from 4 to 5. Had to take it out of gear and kept slapping the peddle, but it finally let go on its own. It was strange because I could feel the peddle sink to the floor.

It's in the shop now, but would like to know if it has happened to anyone before.

Thanks,

Ron

This has not happened to me. It might be helpful to share your mileage and mods.

Thank you,

Al

Did you have it on Cruise Control at the time???

Phill

No on the cruise.

I have the Shelby Signature ones for a couple of years and no issues.

When I gassed it to go, it did not let up and I could swear that the peddle went to the floor. And when I tried slapping it with my foot, it was just sitting on the floor, but gave me some play, it was loose.

The first time it happened, I just put the clutch in and hit the peddle and it fixed its self. Today, it just stayed open. The poor supercharger was just screaming and all the slapping would not fix it, then I felt the peddle pop up and heard the motor drop, but as soon as I put it into another gear to go, it did the same thing.

Hopefully the dealer finds something.

Did Ford get my throttle from Toyota!!

Archived