TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corsa Exhaust

yamahar1

Hey, anyone of you guys with Corsa exhaust go with the Corsa X-pipe also? Just wondering if anything gained there with the X vs H factory set up is worth the $200 bones for it. I think I am pretty set on the axle back Corsa Exhaust, and I might just get the X-pipe to go with it also. I am mostly interested in the sound, but they have some claims about the flow improving throttle response. I was thinking of a BBK throttle body anyway, so would the X-pipe just be a waste? The aftermarket throttle body is supposed to help with the throttle response also. Oh well, I am just bored with all this frigid weather, and getting my list together for my car's build. It will be fun putting all this stuff on my car. My boy's love helping me work on the 'stang! Just little guys, hope they don't change when they get older. Later gaters

Hey - I have the Corsa axlebacks and love em - regrading improved throttle response, ditch the spacer idea - best thing to go with is tuner and a new tune

As far as the X pipe I considered it for a bit - but (A) I didn't want to weld and (B ) I had an X pipe on my previous Stang - '05 - and I did not like the highr pitched raspier sound. If you want a lower meaner sound, stick with an H pipe of some sort.

Thong,

I put Corsa's on our GT/CS and they sound great. You will love the results and the look with your new rear clip.

Looks great

any suggestion on where I can get the best price for the GT500 cat backs?

Thong,

I put Corsa's on our GT/CS and they sound great. You will love the results and the look with your new rear clip.

So you just have the axle back on the GT/CS. I think I will go that route and keep the H pipe. I mainly just want to have the nice sound anyway. I did buy a convertible, so I am not that interested in racing it, thanks for the info Rob. Now if I could find anyone with that rear bumper.....Better check my other post I guess, hope someone can get it for me, that rear end does look sweet!!!!! And I am talking about your car, not the thong girl.....

Hey - I have the Corsa axlebacks and love em - regrading improved throttle response, ditch the spacer idea - best thing to go with is tuner and a new tune

As far as the X pipe I considered it for a bit - but (A) I didn't want to weld and (B ) I had an X pipe on my previous Stang - '05 - and I did not like the highr pitched raspier sound. If you want a lower meaner sound, stick with an H pipe of some sort.

Thanks for the info, probably just keep the H factory pipe and go with the axle back. I found them for $568 with free shipping? Is that a good price? LMPerformance.com. Thanks for the info guys.

Thanks for the info, probably just keep the H factory pipe and go with the axle back. I found them for $568 with free shipping? Is that a good price? LMPerformance.com. Thanks for the info guys.

Cool - hope you like 'em!

Great price on those.....

I actually have an offroad Prochamber midpipe on the way as we speak - planning on install next weekend. I will get soundlcips up if anyone is interested.....

:hyper:

Cool - hope you like 'em!

Great price on those.....

I actually have an offroad Prochamber midpipe on the way as we speak - planning on install next weekend. I will get soundlcips up if anyone is interested.....

:hyper:

Yeah, I would like to hear them. I will probably just get the axle back corsa kit for now though, but I like to hear what things sound like....later

Yeah, I would like to hear them. I will probably just get the axle back corsa kit for now though, but I like to hear what things sound like....later

I guess I will reply to myself. Gotta get that post count up :hyper: , been here for a year and haven't hit 500 yet! :headscratch: Oh well, Corsa's inbound! Hope the UPS and FED EX man don't get in a wipe out with all the snow up here with my new parts in bound! :banvictory: Later gaters.

I think you will be very pleased with the Corsa's unless you like it VERY loud.

Actually, I was hoping for not too loud, just louder than the factory pipe. Driving around in December with the top down when we had 55-60 degrees, the exhaust seemed quite nice and loud sounding. I hope the Corsa's are a bit louder, and I will be good with that. I am not one to go for the loudest pipe made for anything, I knew guys on other motorcycles who always went with the D & D exhaust, man those things were loud. I used to get a head ache riding beside them. I am sure I will be happy with the Corsa's, thanks for the info! ;)

Archived