TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Pictures

My customer picked up his black 2011 SS a couple of weeks back and seems to be very happy after his 1200 mile trip home here in the great NW. Only one glitch with the fuel pickup but all is good now. :happy feet:

Now to get him to drive it, maybe he'll bring it to Grabbers event next year -

Thanks again Roger, the car cover I purchased for his SS was a big hit :salute:

IMG00183-20101027-08121.jpg

IMG00185-20101027-08131.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=--=---=---

Great looking car !!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you get it home.........................you can take off the stripes. Best time to do it, if that is your choice.

That's what Steve said too. They're easier to remove when they're 'fresh'. The Sun/UV will make them brittle over time and they won't come off in one piece but rather in small pieces.

Like ya say...IF that's what ya want.

Phill

Aw c'mon Phill!! You KNOW you want one, and won't be happy til you get it. So do it. LOL! (Note: I'm good at spending other people's money....)

No, you're right Hawk, everything you say is true.

I *know* I want one, and I *know* I won't be happy until I get one!

I also know that I'm having a real hard time talking myself into plunking down 40 grand to get one when I can get the same look *and* performance for less than half the price. Just no CSM tag....

Frankly, it's really still up in the air (I will NEVER say "never"!). But like I said in another thread, once I buy a set of Alcoa's it's pretty much off the table. Not for SURE as I could always sell the "standard" Alcoa's if I decide to Snake it.

But I will *most* likely just get a set of 20" Alcoa Dura-Brights, a Super Snake hood (when SA finally releases them to the public) and get a white SS style stripe put on my car.

I already have the Ford Mo. Co. side scoops.

I already have the Shelby quarter window scoops.

I already have the Whipple/FRPP 2.9L polished supercharger.

I already have the FRPP FR3 Handling Pack.

I'm installing the Blue Ford GT cam covers right now (so I'll have the "2011" underhood look).

The Shelby cap set is already on the car.

I *might* put a set of 3.73's or 4.10's in the car, depending on how it feels (and ET's) after I put a set of 20's on it (which was a problem I had with buying a SS...I *had* to get 3.73's in it, period).

I got the short-throw shifter of MY choice (MGW).

I got the rear suspension of MY choice: Roush adjustable LCA & UCA with a Shelby/BMR adjustable Panhard bar. The Shelby/BMR panhard bar brace to match the bar will be ordered on Monday a.m..

Got the Shelby front swaybar links and bump steer tie rod ends.

The PST 1-piece Carbon Fiber driveshaft is on the way (ordered on Weds.).

But see, my whole deal is that *I* can build a car that looks *exactly* like a Super Snake AND....I get to put specific items on it that *I* prefer...not that somene else prefers.

Just like with Burger King....I can build it MY WAY!

So IN MY OPINION, I will have a car that is *better* than a Shelby built Super Snake....but look the same and have the same power and handling, if not better (handling).

I may also have Gil (at Shelby Speed shop) dyno tune my car. They're claiming they get a extra 100HP out of the Whipple 2.9L SC, over the FRPP tune. But having said that, one of the reasons I went with the more conservitive FRPP tune is for the built-in protections it has in it.

Who knows....we'll see. I'm not tryin' to bag on Shelby or their Super Snake...hell, I think it's a FINE car. If I didn't, I wouldn't be tryin' to duplicate it!

But for the record...I WILL NOT be passing it off as a Super Snake. It will be a "Pollard & Son's Racing" GT500.

And again...yer right! I KNOW I WANT ONE! lol

Phill

@ Mulanzo - can you do a Grabber Blue with White stripes with the chrome wheels? This thread has got me thinking about adding some cosmetic SS touches to my car.

Here's one of mulanzo's photoshopped SS pics from an earlier post. It has the black wheels, but you can sort of get the idea.

post-22637-004207600 1291525089_thumb.jpg

post-22637-004207600 1291525089_thumb.jpg

Here's one of mulanzo's photoshopped SS pics from an earlier post. It has the black wheels, but you can sort of get the idea.

The black wheels aren't bad..but I don't like them anywhere near as much on the Grabber Blue/White car as the chrome.

Hmm... I had this one done already.... thought I posted it.

Thanks Mulanzo. Good stuff! Someday my car will look like that....minus the Supersnake Emblems.

Thought some might like this combination:

Black, Black, Black, Black and Grabber Orange brakes. Just finished today.

Enjoy

Roger

Not totally finished today. Now it goes to the Motorsport Division.

Cams

Long tubes

CNC heads

Tune

Pulley

Looking for 800 RWHP. Should be fun!

:happy feet:

Cool pics Rogerl. Thanks a lot!

Just curious, what brand of Long Tube headers are going on the car? I know at the minute it's only ARH, Kooks, and Stainless works that are avaliable on the 2011 GT500. I'm also guessing it's going to be a Shelby tune and not a Lund tune.

Cool pics Rogerl. Thanks a lot!

Just curious, what brand of Long Tube headers are going on the car? I know at the minute it's only ARH, Kooks, and Stainless works that are avaliable on the 2011 GT500. I'm also guessing it's going to be a Shelby tune and not a Lund tune.

Kooks and yes a custom Shelby Tune.

Archived