TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Pictures

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the pictures Roger !!! We appreciate it !! -HAWKBARR

Yeah, Thank you for posting them Roger. Much appreaciated.

Now, having said that; Is it just me or.....if you go back and forth between the last two photos (front view Silver & frt. view Blue) it appears that the outside stripes on the Blue/white car are thicker than the outside stripes on the Silver/black car. And it looks like the thickness is made up by "thinning" (narrowing) the unpainted space between the center (thick) stripe and the two oute (thin) stripes.

What I mean is, the space between the stripes looks wider on the silver/black car than it does on the blue/white car. The silver car looks "normal" and the blue car looks odd (to me).

I'm thinking that the black stripe is pre-produced and has been for a long time so it's the "regular" or "natural" cut stripe where the white one is a one-off (or "prototype", for now) and they didn't quite get the spacing and outer stripe width "just right".

Is it just me or does anyone else see it too?

It MIGHT be because of the color contrast difference or the angle of the camera (the Blue car photo seems to be from a lower camera position).

Roger? Has anyone actually taken a rule to the stripe and compared them?

Or is that done on purpose?

Or am I seeing things?

Thanks again, looking forward to some more,

Phill Pollard

Yeah, Thank you for posting them Roger. Much appreaciated.

Now, having said that; Is it just me or.....if you go back and forth between the last two photo's (front view Silver & frt. view Blue) it appears that the outter stripes on the Blue/white car is thicker than the outter stripes on the silver/black car. And it looks like the thickness is made up by "thinning" (narrowing) the unpaited space between the center/thick stripe and the outer/thin stripes.

What I mean is, the space between the stripes looks wider on the silver/black car than it does on the blue/white car. The Silver car looks "normal" and the blue car looks odd (to me).

I'm thinking that the black stripe is pre-produced and has been for a long time so it's the "regular" or "natural" cut stripe where the white one is a one-off (or "prototype", for now) and they didn't quite get the spaceing and outer stripe width "just right".

Is it just me or does anyone else see it too?

It MIGHT be because of the color contrast difference or the angle of the camera (the Blue car photo seems to be from a lower camera position).

Roger? Has anyone actually taken a rule to the stripe and compared them?

Or is that done on purpose?

Or am I seeing things?

Thanks again, looking forward to some more,

Phill Pollard

It could also be the fact like wearing specific color clothes. White making you look a bit bigger and black making you a bit smaller. Same effect goes with the stripes on the car.

BTW great pictures Roger the cars look really good! :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

any chance of a pic of a black car w/ the black alcoas?

Roger I pm'd you a few questions on the black wheels. If you get a minute can you see if you can answer my questions, Thanks

Chris

Roger I pm'd you a few questions on the black wheels. If you get a minute can you see if you can answer my questions, Thanks

Chris

FYI the black powdercoating is now an option on the shelby store $ 85.00 extra a wheel

Quite a few in production. Different stages. We have a glass roof Kona almost finished. As we complete we will have different color combinations posted.

Roger

I'm curious about the glass roof SS option.

Will there be a stripe over the roof or leave it clear/blank?

(EDIT: Spelling error - stripE, not striP)

I haven't seen a GT500 with glass roof so I'm not sure if they're putting the stripes over the glass top on them, or not.

I would think....no stripe? Customer preference? <?shrug?>

Just wondering,

Phill

I'm curious about the glass roof SS option.

Will there be a stripe over the roof or leave it clear/blank?

(EDIT: Spelling error - stripE, not striP)

I haven't seen a GT500 with glass roof so I'm not sure if they're putting the stripes over the glass top on them, or not.

I would think....no stripe? Customer preference? <?shrug?>

Just wondering,

Phill

No roof stripe Phil.

Roger

No roof stripe Phil.

Roger

Thanks Roger.

I'm interested in seeing how that looks. I think the 'Verts have two small pieces of stripe on the WS frame, no? How about the glass tops?

I'd like to see a hard/glass top sans stripe/s.

It will break-up the stripe...may look better, may not.

Will pics be posted?

TIA,

Phill

No roof stripe Phil.

Roger

Thanks for telling us Roger

I pretty much knew that from the start because of the glass roof area on the car.

Phil,

The entire roof area is either smoked glass or black. Nothing of color on the top to stripe.

We have just finished the first Glass Top in Kona Blue with Black stripes. Have not had time to take pictures.

Roger

Now I didn't know that part about the roof. This sound really cool. Which one does this glass roof SS have?

Hope to see pictures of it real soon.

I can't wait until I see a white coupe or vert is posted with the anthracite wheels on it. I also don't mind what stipe kit it also has on it I think the color combination whould look perfect on the Snake IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was looking on google and i searched for 2011 Super Snake and came across these pics on these websites.

Hope you enjoy them. :happy feet:

2011 Snake Pics From Mustangs Daily

2011 Super Snake Pic and article from Car and Driver

Pics From about.mustangs.com

also some of the pics contain what some of you members were asking about: behind the door scoops! :happy feet: :dance:

Archived