TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Pictures

Can you possibly do a black car with matte black stripes?

You just had to do it Ewingfly!! I was doing just fine dreaming about white stripes until Mulanzo put up the matte black stripes for you!! Now, my wife likes the matte stripes and I like the white stripes....LOL!! Whichever way we go, I still like the black wheels on the black car, IMO.

Mulanzo, thanks again for putting these up! Your work is great and you are doing us a big favor! (I think....)

-HAWKBARR

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did these in a bit of a rush so they are kind of dirty but here are those requests:

whiteblackq.jpg

grabberwhite.jpg

grabberblack.jpg

Mulanzo!

You are the Cat's Meow my friend! Superb work! The Grabber Blue with white stripes and chrome wheels would be my favorite; the Black SS with white is stunning as well! Shelby could use these pics for a formal spread in their SS brochures!

You just had to do it Ewingfly!! I was doing just fine dreaming about white stripes until Mulanzo put up the matte black stripes for you!! Now, my wife likes the matte stripes and I like the white stripes....LOL!! Whichever way we go, I still like the black wheels on the black car, IMO.

Mulanzo, thanks again for putting these up! Your work is great and you are doing us a big favor! (I think....)

-HAWKBARR

It looks great don't it! Go with the matte thats my vote. Especially with the black wheels, looks amazing.

Once farmdog releases the stripes for our cars thats what I plan on. I wish I could get the supersnake but just not feasible for me. But either way you choose cant go wrong as they both look amazing! Good luck making the decision, I envy you!

It looks great don't it! Go with the matte thats my vote. Especially with the black wheels, looks amazing.

Once farmdog releases the stripes for our cars thats what I plan on. I wish I could get the supersnake but just not feasible for me. But either way you choose cant go wrong as they both look amazing! Good luck making the decision, I envy you!

Well Ewingfly, I might be right there with you. Its a ton of cash to get these done huh ? Please keep me posted on what FARMDOG comes up with.We may just go with the bigger blower and stripes to save cash.!

Thanks,

-HAWKBARR

So what color are those wheels? Ive heard them called antracite and black. They look like a dark charcoal. Im about to have my forgestars powdercoated and id like to go with the same color. What is everyones opinion on the color of the new wheels?

On Shelby's site and what Roger and other TS members say that they are an anthricite powder coated SS wheel.

Well Ewingfly, I might be right there with you. Its a ton of cash to get these done huh ? Please keep me posted on what FARMDOG comes up with.We may just go with the bigger blower and stripes to save cash.!

Thanks,

-HAWKBARR

Hawkbarr,

I went past Shelby HQ last Weds. a.m. and they had both the 2010 Kona Blue/black and 2011 Kona Blue/white Super Snakes parked out front.

The Kona/white SS looks SOOOOOOOOoooooo 'F'in' good. Oddly, the '11 doesn't have the side scoops on it and it has quarter window block-off plates on it.

I talked to another Rep and told him about my first attempt at getting a Kona/white SS. He asked if the white stripe was the only thing keeping me from getting my '10 Snaked and I told him, 'pretty much'.

He said he'll work on getting me a SS pkg with the white stripe but it would have to say something like "White Stripe added post-sale by Shelby LV Mod shop". I told him if he could get me the Kona/white stripe car WITHOUT being charged for the extra stripe, there was a real good chance I'd buy it from him.

Having said that, all I'd need to do to get the LOOK of the SS is to buy a SS hood and the Alcoa wheels and add the white stripe myself. I already have the FRPP polished Whipple 2.9 and the FRPP FR3 Handling package so other than the CSM#, it would be the same car as a SS. But like you say, "on the cheap".

Either way, I wil likely have a SS or a SS clone in the future! I'll be waiting for the call or e-mail from Shelby and that'll make the difference.

And for Roger S: That puddle in front of the Kona Blue & white SS out front last Weds. wasn't from the car leaking......it was from me drooling all over it! You must'a known I was comin' to Shelby. My wife even fell in love with it. But she *did* point out that my car doesn't have that hood on it (bitch!)!

Oh, and I went inside and peeked at the Silver w/Black wheel SS too. Sorry, just not my cup'o tea. That White stripe Kona Blue SS has me spoiled.

Hawkbarr: If you want to fall in love all over again...go to Shelby LV and get a look at that car. It'll make ya pass out from the blood loss to your head....the one on your shoulders!

One way or another,

I want I want I want I want I want.......

Phill Pollard

Hawkbarr,

I went past Shelby HQ last Weds. a.m. and they had both the 2010 Kona Blue/black and 2011 Kona Blue/white Super Snakes parked out front.

The Kona/white SS looks SOOOOOOOOoooooo 'F'in' good. Oddly, the '11 doesn't have the side scoops on it and it has quarter window block-off plates on it.

I talked to another Rep and told him about my first attempt at getting a Kona/white SS. He asked if the white stripe was the only thing keeping me from getting my '10 Snaked and I told him, 'pretty much'.

He said he'll work on getting me a SS pkg with the white stripe but it would have to say something like "White Stripe added post-sale by Shelby LV Mod shop". I told him if he could get me the Kona/white stripe car WITHOUT being charged for the extra stripe, there was a real good chance I'd buy it from him.

Having said that, all I'd need to do to get the LOOK of the SS is to buy a SS hood and the Alcoa wheels and add the white stripe myself. I already have the FRPP polished Whipple 2.9 and the FRPP FR3 Handling package so other than the CSM#, it would be the same car as a SS. But like you say, "on the cheap".

Either way, I wil likely have a SS or a SS clone in the future! I'll be waiting for the call or e-mail from Shelby and that'll make the difference.

And for Roger S: That puddle in front of the Kona Blue & white SS out front last Weds. wasn't from the car leaking......it was from me drooling all over it! You must'a known I was comin' to Shelby. My wife even fell in love with it. But she *did* point out that my car doesn't have that hood on it (bitch!)!

Oh, and I went inside and peeked at the Silver w/Black wheel SS too. Sorry, just not my cup'o tea. That White stripe Kona Blue SS has me spoiled.

Hawkbarr: If you want to fall in love all over again...go to Shelby LV and get a look at that car. It'll make ya pass out from the blood loss to your head....the one on your shoulders!

One way or another,

I want I want I want I want I want.......

Phill Pollard

Phil, I hear ya loud and clear !! I am already dizzy from the altitude and those white stripes on the black car.....oh man ....need I say more ? Keep me posted buddy !!

• 2 weeks later...

Here ya go!

redwhiteblack.jpg

redwhitewhite.jpg

And to put em up before someone asks.... Red with black stripe:

redblackblack.jpg

redblackwhite.jpg

I like the all the pics Mulanzo its hard to decide but I still want to see one with the glasstop roof option I know u have had alot of requests for pics so I wasnt sure if you could do the glasstop in the pics or not,if you could i would like to see red with white strips and chrome wheels,if not that great i will drool over the ones u have posted for us

Here is the actual car in Race Red with White stripes, finished today.

Man, that white stripe looks SOOOOOO much better than black.

I'm surprised Shelby Am. didn't give a option from the get-go.

The only one I've seen so far that I think the black looks WAY better on is the Grabber Blue SS you posted pix of last year.

For me, Grabber Blue needs the Black stripe. Probably the Silver cars too (have yet to see one w/white on it).

But the Red and Kona Blue SS's look SO much better with a white stripe on 'em.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Black Snake with white stripe too. The photoshop pic done looks great so I suspect the real deal is gonna look great too.

JMHO,

Phill Pollard

The only one I've seen so far that I think the black looks WAY better on is the Grabber Blue SS you posted pix of last year.

For me, Grabber Blue needs the Black stripe. Probably the Silver cars too (have yet to see one w/white on it).

I'm looking forward to seeing a Black Snake with white stripe too. The photoshop pic done looks great so I suspect the real deal is gonna look great too.

JMHO,

Phill Pollard

Have one in process Phil. Also completed a white black stripe glass roof, black wheels and red calipers. Awaiting pictures.

Roger

Have one in process Phil. Also completed a white black stripe glass roof, black wheels and red calipers. Awaiting pictures.

Roger

This is the same one with the block offs am I correct Roger? You said that in an earlier post about it. Can't wait to see pics. It may make me reconsider when I see the car with the glass roof.

Thanks getting these pics for all of us hear on TS to see. :salute:

JMHO,

Phill Pollard

Roger, I am more than a little interested in seeing the black car with white stripes also! Please post LOTS of pics when its done. The photoshop pics are great, but there is no substitute for the real thing.... Thank you !! -HAWKBARR

My customer picked up his black 2011 SS a couple of weeks back and seems to be very happy after his 1200 mile trip home here in the great NW. Only one glitch with the fuel pickup but all is good now. :happy feet:

Now to get him to drive it, maybe he'll bring it to Grabbers event next year -

Thanks again Roger, the car cover I purchased for his SS was a big hit :salute:

IMG00183-20101027-08121.jpg

IMG00185-20101027-08131.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=--=---=---

WOW is that AWESOME!! Quick question though (maybe a dumb one)..............is it possible to get the Super Snake with stripe delete??? I'd love to see a Sterling Grey w/o stripes. The white photoshop is sweet!

:shrug:

Maybe, maybe not I assume. If you don't want them and you get your GT500 converted, you can always take the stripes off with a heat gun or something.

WOW is that AWESOME!! Quick question though (maybe a dumb one)..............is it possible to get the Super Snake with stripe delete???

I know the answer for sure...because believe me, I tried and tried and tried and TRIED. I even begged!

The answer is NO!

You can NOT get a Super Snake with a Stripe Delete option. It has to be striped, then tagged with a CSM#.

If you want a stipe delete, you have to take the stripe off that SA puts on, after the car gets the SS badge/CSM#.

My point (to Steve Mansell) was...what a total WASTE of money. Why can't you just do a stripe delete car and still charge me the full price? (rather than pay for the stripe and labor to install, then throw it in the trash). I'd still pay the price but at least it wouldn't get thrown away!

My intention was to put a white stripe on a 2010 and rather than have someone remove the stripe, or remove it myself (and risk damage) I could just have the white stripe put on the car, OR have runway stripes like a KR (actually like the Patriot edition with FULL LENGTH double stripes) put on the car.

Shelby WILL NOT BUDGE on their policy.

Like I said, belive me...I tried and tried and tried...and I STILL try! (I'm constantly hitting Roger up on TS for a white stripe '10 SS!) LOL

Hey, it's THEIR (business) decision....but it's MY MONEY!

And then every time Roger posts a pic of a SS with a white stripe I start drooling....then check my Wells Fargo on-line bank account balances...then look at the picture again...then check my balances again...repeat, ad nausem! lol

Money isn't the problem. I have the money. Actually, I have WAY more than enough. It's just really REALLY hard to part with 30-45 Grand when I didn't pay much more than that for the (new) car in the first place.

It's still up in the air for me. I flip-flop like a perch pulled out of the ocean and laid on a dock.

Phill

I know the answer for sure...because believe me, I tried and tried and tried and TRIED. I even begged!

The answer is NO!

You can NOT get a Super Snake with a Stripe Delete option. It has to be striped, then tagged with a CSM#.

If you want a stipe delete, you have to take the stripe off that SA puts on, after the car gets the SS badge/CSM#.

My point (to Steve Mansell) was...what a total WASTE of money. Why can't you just do a stripe delete car and still charge me the full price? (rather than pay for the stripe and labor to install, then throw it in the trash). I'd still pay the price but at least it wouldn't get thrown away!

My intention was to put a white stripe on a 2010 and rather than have someone remove the stripe, or remove it myself (and risk damage) I could just have the white stripe put on the car, OR have runway stripes like a KR (actually like the Patriot edition with FULL LENGTH double stripes) put on the car.

Shelby WILL NOT BUDGE on their policy.

Like I said, belive me...I tried and tried and tried...and I STILL try! (I'm constantly hitting Roger up on TS for a white stripe '10 SS!) LOL

Hey, it's THEIR (business) decision....but it's MY MONEY!

And then every time Roger posts a pic of a SS with a white stripe I start drooling....then check my Wells Fargo on-line bank account balances...then look at the picture again...then check my balances again...repeat, ad nausem! lol

Money isn't the problem. I have the money. Actually, I have WAY more than enough. It's just really REALLY hard to part with 30-45 Grand when I didn't pay much more than that for the (new) car in the first place.

It's still up in the air for me. I flip-flop like a perch pulled out of the ocean and laid on a dock.

Phill

Aw c'mon Phill!! You KNOW you want one, and won't be happy til you get it. So do it. LOL! (Note: I'm good at spending other people's money....)

Archived