TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS on a 2011?

hawkbarr

Has anyone put a 2.3 TVS Supercharger on a 2011 GT500? (FRPP M-6066-MSVTA) I know it fits a 2010 but didn't know if it fits an '11. Thanks, HAWKBARR

I believe it is a tuning issue. I was told that the hold up is the data logging capabilites with tuning the car. I have the TVS sitting in a box.

I believe it is a tuning issue. I was told that the hold up is data logging capabilites ofr tuning the car. I have the TVS sitting in a box.

Thanks Icebourg. Appreciate the input. -HAWKBARR

I've paid a deposit to have one put on my 2011. First I'm having the headers done locally before taking it to Justin at VMP. I'm going to do TVS with 2.59 pulley, lower pulley, TB, elbow and obviously headers with no cats. I will be adding the KB boost a pump. Should hopefully have it all done and finished by the end of this month or so.

I was curious if anybody had it done already also.

Has anyone put a 2.3 TVS Supercharger on a 2011 GT500? (FRPP M-6066-MSVTA) I know it fits a 2010 but didn't know if it fits an '11. Thanks, HAWKBARR

Try plugging the Pro Com in and seeing if the '11 will take the data.

Phill

For what it is worth, I just did my monthy call to Ford Racing (they suggested that I check in monthly, a few months back). The random tech help guy I got said the 2011, 750 HP supercharger kit was "in the system, but not released yet" , he translated that to mean it would be available "soon". I ask if soon meant 1 or 2 months and he said it was "possible". I'm in California, so unless KB/Shelby certify their kits for the 2011, the Ford Racing supercharger kit is pretty much my only option.

Nothing in the system on a handling kit yet. He said the delay might be Ford Racing Parts waiting on a new strut tower brace being developed to add to the kit. Personally not that concerned about the handling kit being sourced from Ford racing, but am interested to see what they come up with.

<edit - the Ford Racing guy was as helpful as he could be and it was a very pleasant conversation. Just reread my post and was concerned that my style of quoting and interpreting might make it appear otherwise.>

Look forward to seeing Fords TVS package...but it's all about the tuning of this car...much diff then others...and lots to learn. It'll take time.

Given the roger-SAI announcement of "no Ford Racing TVS" in the SuperSnake forum it really will be interesting. When I talked to Ford racing I didn't ask Whipple vs TVS so who knows. I had thought the Ford Racing 750HP kits were all TVS but now I am just confused?

Given the roger-SAI announcement of "no Ford Racing TVS" in the SuperSnake forum it really will be interesting. When I talked to Ford racing I didn't ask Whipple vs TVS so who knows. I had thought the Ford Racing 750HP kits were all TVS but now I am just confused?

The 2011 2.9L Whipple kit is now available for sale. Still I have not heard anything else about the TVS kit.........strange.

Hawkbarr,

Did you see my other post where I posted the price quoted to me by Tousley for the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L supercharger kit?

Tousley quoted me $5,900 for the POLISHED (2010) version and $5,600 for the BLACK (2010) version.

The FRPP site has them listed (2010 AND 2011 )for the SAME suggested retail price so I *assume* that the price from Tousley will be the same too.

Oh, and Tousley ships it for free (any thing over $1650 COMBINED gets free shipping) AND you don't pay state Sales Tax (except in California since it is drop shipped from Whipple, who is in CA). So it's gonna be *much* cheaper than if you bought it up at PL Ford in Denver and paid MSRP, plus shipping, plus CO sales tax (I assume at Douglas County rate).

I also found another site that sells the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP (Wrinklke Black) even cheaper, at least for the 2010 version. That is at North Park Motorsports (see below for link/URL). They are selling the full kit for $5,295.95 and that also includes free shipping. I'm stuck on the polished version so I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the extra $600 from Tousley Ford.

But If I was good with the black SC, I'd buy from North Park Motorsports and save some major bucks.

http://www.northparkmotorsports.com/catalog/2010-mustang-supercharger-upgrade-black-wrinkle-p-2208.html

Oh, FWIW that is the descprition for the 2010 version but like I said....I assume the 2011 version will cost the same as the *only* differnce will be the tune for the Pro Com, which gets sent to you from FORD on a SD card (not from Northpark) and that is dependant on what *you* send Ford (VIN and MY). I'll betch'a dimes to dollars that if you get the 2010 kit from either vendor but register your Pro Com as being for a 2011 GT500, you'll get the 2011 tune and not the 2010...but that's just a Wild Ass Guess/WAG on my part (check with Tousley or Northpark!).

Hope That Helps/HTH,

Phill

The 750 kit would have to be a whipple. Ford has sold the TVS as the 605 kit for pre 2010's and then a 650(?)kit for 2010's. The 750 kits for the super snake and ford racing have always been KB and Whipple respectively.

Like you I'm waiting for the 750 Ford Racing kit. I'll end up doing it over the winter so no rush.

The 2011 2.9L Whipple kit is now available for sale. Still I have not heard anything else about the TVS kit.........strange.

It is my belief that the 2.3L TVS full kit will *never* be offered (by FRPP) for the 2011.

My assumption is partially based on Roger S's contention that NO 2011 Super Snake model (SVTT PP, Coupe OR 'Vert) will be offered with a 2.3L TVS, period.

He said their decistion was based on the "unanticipated release date of the tune" (not a direct quote) and I think since they, Shelby American are working hand-in-hand with Ford on their GT350 Mustang 5.0 SC program, if there was *any* possibility that Ford was actually going to tweak a tune for the 2011 GT500 w/5.4L Al. block AND a 2.3L TVS, Shelby would have the scoop adn Roger would have said something more like "there is no TVS planned for the SS program until a later date"....or "no TVS untl Ford releases a tune"....or something like that.

Again, that is PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART but I base my SPECULATION (opinion?) on some pretty solid facts/information.

Also, think about this...with Shelby bringing out their supercharged GT350 that has a HP rating of 512HP, why would FRPP offer a GT500 owner (their "Halo" car, according to some) a measley 110HP gain over stock, and only bring it up to 660HP against "a regular ole' Mustang power adder" that gets you to within 150HP of their "Halo" car? It just doesn't make sense to me, from a marketing standpoint.

It is this author's opinion that you will NOT see a 2.3L TVS supercharger kit available for the '11 GT500....but notice I specifically say "TWO POINT THREE LITER TVS SUPERCHARGER KIT".... (read between the lines!).

Only time will tell,

Phill Pollard

to show my naivete, whats a TVS??

"Twisted Vorticies Series", it is the rotor design.

I *think* it was developed or designed by Jack Roush (hence, the "R2300", R=Roush and 2300=2.3 liter) but I could be wrong.

And I'm not sure if I spelled "Vorticies" right or not! LOL

Phill

Ford has sold the TVS as the 605 kit for pre 2010's and then a 650(?)kit

Yeah, you're right there....660HP for the 2010 TVS.

I know you put a "?" there indicating you weren't sure, I'm just being nitty! <grin>

It's HARD to remember all these frickin' numbers! LOL

Phill

"Twisted Vorticies Series", it is the rotor design.

I *think* it was developed or designed by Jack Roush (hence, the "R2300", R=Roush and 2300=2.3 liter) but I could be wrong.

And I'm not sure if I spelled "Vorticies" right or not! LOL

Phill

Phil thanks as usual.Other than a Snake,is there an upgrade i could have Ford install that would be under warranty--i have a 7 year warranty.I have a vert,so dont know if that would limit the hp otpions--thanks

Hawkbarr,

Did you see my other post where I posted the price quoted to me by Tousley for the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L supercharger kit?

Tousley quoted me $5,900 for the POLISHED (2010) version and $5,600 for the BLACK (2010) version.

The FRPP site has them listed (2010 AND 2011 )for the SAME suggested retail price so I *assume* that the price from Tousley will be the same too.

Oh, and Tousley ships it for free (any thing over $1650 COMBINED gets free shipping) AND you don't pay state Sales Tax (except in California since it is drop shipped from Whipple, who is in CA). So it's gonna be *much* cheaper than if you bought it up at PL Ford in Denver and paid MSRP, plus shipping, plus CO sales tax (I assume at Douglas County rate).

I also found another site that sells the FRPP/Whipple 2.9L 750HP (Wrinklke Black) even cheaper, at least for the 2010 version. That is at North Park Motorsports (see below for link/URL). They are selling the full kit for $5,295.95 and that also includes free shipping. I'm stuck on the polished version so I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the extra $600 from Tousley Ford.

But If I was good with the black SC, I'd buy from North Park Motorsports and save some major bucks.

http://www.northparkmotorsports.com/catalog/2010-mustang-supercharger-upgrade-black-wrinkle-p-2208.html

Oh, FWIW that is the descprition for the 2010 version but like I said....I assume the 2011 version will cost the same as the *only* differnce will be the tune for the Pro Com, which gets sent to you from FORD on a SD card (not from Northpark) and that is dependant on what *you* send Ford (VIN and MY). I'll betch'a dimes to dollars that if you get the 2010 kit from either vendor but register your Pro Com as being for a 2011 GT500, you'll get the 2011 tune and not the 2010...but that's just a Wild Ass Guess/WAG on my part (check with Tousley or Northpark!).

Hope That Helps/HTH,

Phill

Phill,

As always, I appreciate the advice. I am starting to think I am stuck as far as putting my TVS on my '2011, especially with FRPP and Shelby saying to not do it. So the next logical choice is clearly to UPGRADE to a 2.9 !! Thanks for birddogging Tousley and Northpark. I will check them out.. -HAWKBARR

Phill,

As always, I appreciate the advice. I am starting to think I am stuck as far as putting my TVS on my '2011, especially with FRPP and Shelby saying to not do it. So the next logical choice is clearly to UPGRADE to a 2.9 !! Thanks for birddogging Tousley and Northpark. I will check them out.. -HAWKBARR

Just what I was thinking of doing.

Justin at VMP is confident about it. I've got the BAP in and hopefully headers next week then I'm taking to car to him.

I will let everyone know of the progress.

Thanks Rubicon, looking forward to hearing about your car!

-HAWKBARR

Archived