TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Genuine Shelby.

Hi everyone,

I'm living in QATAR and I have a trouble convincing people that my 08 SGT in an actual Shelby !

since we don't have Shelby dealership in here, and Ford doesn't ship it to the GCC aria, everyone is assuming that it is a stander mustang GT and I made it as a Shelby!

it sound stupid i know, but is there any way to get a print-out prof with the car VIN on it saying that " this is a Shelby" ?

Help please, this people are killing me.

thanks

post-29153-128138585065_thumb.jpg

post-29153-128138587115_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm living in QATAR and I have a trouble convincing people that my 08 SGT in an actual Shelby !

since we don't have Shelby dealership in here, and Ford doesn't ship it to the GCC aria, everyone is assuming that it is a stander mustang GT and I made it as a Shelby!

it sound stupid i know, but is there any way to get a print-out prof with the car VIN on it saying that " this is a Shelby" ?

thanks

111.jpg

my baby.jpg

The Shelby data plate doesnt convince them?

Hi everyone,

thanks

As long as your VIN & CSM match up AND you have registered (or updated) your SGT with Shelby American (see below my signature), you can request a Certificate Of Authenticity from the Shelby Store for nothing more than the $9.99 (outside US) shipping charges...

Shelby Store COA

S2MS-cert-2T.jpg

If you have any questions or troubles, please let me know...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Hi everyone,

thanks

You may purchase a duplicate Shelby window sticker thru the Shelby Store ( www.shelbystore.com ) Not only does it contain your vin number, CSM number and the price for the Shelby conversion but it shows what modifications Shelby Automobiles made to the car.

Steve

You may purchase a duplicate Shelby window sticker thru the Shelby Store ( www.shelbystore.com ) Not only does it contain your vin number, CSM number and the price for the Shelby conversion but it shows what modifications Shelby Automobiles made to the car.

Steve

Forgot you could order them as well happy%20feet.gif

S7MS-monroney-2T.jpg

Had mine signed by CS at the 85th B-Day Bash...

post-8727-12813877362_thumb.jpg post-8727-128138762829_thumb.jpg

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-128138762829_thumb.jpg

post-8727-12813877362_thumb.jpg

As long as your VIN & CSM match up AND you have registered (or updated) your SGT with Shelby American (see below my signature), you can request a Certificate Of Authenticity from the Shelby Store for nothing more than the $9.99 (outside US) shipping charges...

Shelby Store COA

S2MS-cert-2T.jpg

If you have any questions or troubles, please let me know...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Man you saved me, thank you very much.

and svttim: for theme Shelby is the GT500 or it's not a Shelby, stupid right !

in QATAR we have 3 SGT, 2 of theme is 2007 supercharged and my 2008.

M. Churbaji

08SGT1020

M. Churbaji

08SGT1020

Just let them know that not only is it a genuine Shelby, but Vista Blue is by far the fastest color!!! :happy feet:

M. Churbaji

08SGT1020

You are quite welcome :salute:

And please pass along the Registry/COA info to the other Shelby owners in the Qatar region...

Enjoy your Ride!

Gregg

07SGT0547

M. Churbaji

08SGT1020

It could also be said the the SGT is just a little more Shelby than the GT500s since it was converted to a SGT at Shelby Autos in Las Vegas whereas the GT500s never went to Shelby; they came right out of the Ford plant. Only SGTs and GT500KRs can say that!happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Speaking of Qatar, a tiny little tribute to Sheik Khalid Al-Thani's wonderful support of my favorite hobby (pic below):

Jer

Dixon09_lg.jpg

Dixon09_lg.jpg

Hey DeWayne, where was your picture taken in front of the store? Was it in the Houston area?

BTW I love you terlingua.

That picture is taken in Shelby Tx. It's between Bellville and Fayetteville. Just a little NW of industry. It's just a little spot in the road. Does show up on too many maps. BTW it is such a small town that the "whole" town is for sale.

It could also be said the the SGT is just a little more Shelby than the GT500s since it was converted to a SGT at Shelby Autos in Las Vegas whereas the GT500s never went to Shelby; they came right out of the Ford plant. Only SGTs and GT500KRs can say that!happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

As you can see mchurbaji, we have people here too that think they can say what is and isnt a Shelby. :(

As you can see mchurbaji, we have people here too that think they can say what is and isnt a Shelby. :(

I'm sorry if I offended you. I sure didn't intend too. I was just stating the the facts about the cars. They are all great cars and they are all Shelbys.

I am not offended but Some GT500s do come right out of the Ford plant and get converted into something else at SAI :)

But a Shelby is a Shelby is a Shelby :happy feet:

I mean, unless it's a GT500, of course! :lol:

(just joshin' ya Tim) ;)

I mean, unless it's a GT500, of course! :lol:

(just joshin' ya Tim) ;)

The question is, "when did it go to Vegas?"...

That's it.

Jer

Well what about all the 60's GT500's that were built in Michigan? Those aren't 'real' Shelbys either or what?!

Built by Shelby, or built by Ford?

Late 60's / Early 70's GT500s aren't the same, to me... others have different opinions, they're welcome to have them. But once Bunkie Knudsen started building "fat Shelbys" in the Ford plant, I didn't care for them. Just my 2 cents, and plenty of people disagree with me, and they're entitled to that opinion, whatever. To ME, when Carroll helped Mustangs beat the pack at the racetrack (GT350), well... THAT was the real era. What a lawyer calls a "Shelby" is something else.

Flame suit firmly on and buttoned up...

Jer

Built by Shelby, or built by Ford?

Late 60's / Early 70's GT500s aren't the same, to me... others have different opinions, they're welcome to have them. But once Bunkie Knudsen started building "fat Shelbys" in the Ford plant, I didn't care for them. Just my 2 cents, and plenty of people disagree with me, and they're entitled to that opinion, whatever. To ME, when Carroll helped Mustangs beat the pack at the racetrack (GT350), well... THAT was the real era. What a lawyer calls a "Shelby" is something else.

Flame suit firmly on and buttoned up...

Jer

Oy. slapfight.gif

Can't we all just get along?

Oy. slapfight.gif

Can't we all just get along?

You started this, buddy... LOL...

Jer

You know, after years of reading posts flaring up intra-Shelby squabbles on this site,

I now lump them into the same category as the intra-service debates about which branch

of the military is better (Navy BTW). But when it really matters, like when an Air Force air

traffic controller directs a Marine jet flying off a Navy ship to drop ordinance in support of

an Army company engaged in a firefight, it's the Team than counts. Or on a much smaller

and safer scale, when a Shelby owner all the way over in Qatar asks for help, it's TS members

from different "branches" who all pitch in.

-Tom

You know, after years of reading posts flaring up intra-Shelby squabbles on this site,

I now lump them into the same category as the intra-service debates about which branch

of the military is better (Navy BTW). But when it really matters, like when an Air Force air

traffic controller directs a Marine jet flying off a Navy ship to drop ordinance in support of

an Army company engaged in a firefight, it's the Team than counts. Or on a much smaller

and safer scale, when a Shelby owner all the way over in Qatar asks for help, it's TS members

from different "branches" who all pitch in.

-Tom

Absolutely, agreed... and an excellent example.

And God forbid my tiny little opinions start a squabble. Do what my wife does, and ignore my ramblings, for that is all they are.

Jer

Archived