TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can You Do This In A Corvette?

MattR

I find it funny when people compare the GT500 to a Corvette. I would never consider a corvette, well at least for another 15 years or so.

For those of you with a family here are my two boys in the back of my 2011 Shelby.

Can you do this in a Corvette?

Boysin.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

Exactly! My kids are "a bit" older, 15 and 12, but right at the start of my car search the first check was to ensure that each of them could fit in the back of a Mustang. That condition met, I proceeded to research the Shelbys ending up with a new '11.

This car serves many purposes, part of which is Kid Taxi...

Kpevin, looks like those pictures were taken at the Dragon? I saw the motorcycle handle bar in the first pic just barely in the corner then saw in your signature US129. Man one of these days I'll make it out there to try those 318 turns :shift:

Yea, I live about 45 minutes from the Dragon, they have photographers in a couple spots that take pics. Its a blast for sure, especially if there is no cops or semis around. Its packed on weekends but I can drive over there on a weekday morning and drive it the whole way without ever seeing another car or bike. To me its nothing special but people come from all over the world to ride/drive it. Lots of great roads around here, and they keep them up so a solid axle car can have a lot of fun ;)

Yep, the GT500 is the only economical way to bone-stock low 12's if you want to haul a bunch of people around. Next step is the GT-R.

Except those with you will hate you after they get beat up with the GTR's terrible ride quality. It's great for performance, terrible for comfort. Worse than the Z06.

I'd guess that I am a little older than you guys.

My grandsons ages 5 and 10 love to ride in the Mustang. The second day that I owned the car the car seat was in and we went for a ride. Now every time that they come over to visit it's "Pappy can we go for a ride in the Mustang".

Kpevin, looks like those pictures were taken at the Dragon? I saw the motorcycle handle bar in the first pic just barely in the corner then saw in your signature US129. Man one of these days I'll make it out there to try those 318 turns :shift:

wheres "the Dragon"--live in Atl, and looks like a good place to visit

wheres "the Dragon"--live in Atl, and looks like a good place to visit

It's in Tennesse on US129! Loads of fun to drive on with so many turns, one thing to watch out for is the police if you want to take on the dragon at speed.

My daughters (6 and 4) love riding around with the top down. Always wanting me to go faster and to turn up Vengaboys - "We Like to Party". The pink car seats look good with the Kona Blue to :)

But neither the Corvette or the Shelby will make me look 30 years younger :)

No, but it makes you FEEL 30 years younger!

Only a Dr. can make you *look* 30 years younger.... <grin>

Phill (55 yo and looks every day of it) Pollard

For those of you with a family here are my two boys in the back of my 2011 Shelby.

I don't know why people want to try to compare a PONY car to a Sports car in the first place. Compare a Mustang/Shelby to a CAMARO, which is the same (PONY) class as a Mustang.

Having said that, my Grandson is 12 years old and fairly tall for his age (his daddy is 6'3"). My wife is petite at about 5'6" and 120 on a bad day (bad for her). With her in the front pass. seat moved up to a COMFORTABLE position, my granson can sit comfortably in the seat behind her. He won't be able to do it for long, but for now he's happy as a pig in slop.

When he was rding in the back and I pulled off a decent 1-2 power shift, he's like......"whoooooooooooaaaaa, I don't know why but I feel 'pimp' ". Oh, and "it's tite" (or is it "tight"?)

I guess that's supposed to be a GOOD thing! LOL

Phill (too old for this new age slang) Pollard

Except those with you will hate you after they get beat up with the GTR's terrible ride quality. It's great for performance, terrible for comfort. Worse than the Z06.

Why would you drive a car like that on a road that wasn't nice, though? That is why you have a DD and a fun-car. Supercars are not "do it all" cars.

LOL....what is this fixation you (and JWG223) have on the Z06? Just sell off your Fords and go buy a Z06 and be happy (as I told JWG223 on another thread). My gosh, you guys sound like GM fanatics....LOL.

I am a fan of the GT500. I joined the board to research the car. It was that or a 'vette. I have made up my mind and am now saving up for a purchase early to mid 2011. However, threads like this are meant to stir the pot, and I play right along.

LOL....what is this fixation you (and JWG223) have on the Z06? Just sell off your Fords and go buy a Z06 and be happy (as I told JWG223 on another thread). My gosh, you guys sound like GM fanatics....LOL.

why do you care?? No one asked you to post but since you're asking, I actually hate 99% of the GM products, only love the Z06, new ZR1 and the 86/87 Grand National..........all else can be set on fire for all I care.

why do you care?? No one asked you to post but since you're asking, I actually hate 99% of the GM products, only love the Z06, new ZR1 and the 86/87 Grand National..........all else can be set on fire for all I care.

LOL....you're way too senstive. With '659 RWHP' you should be able to spank about anything you come across. Including Z06s.

But neither the Corvette or the Shelby will make me look 30 years younger :)

May not make you look 30 years younger, but you'll get looks from 30 year younger, uh, um, fans, shall we say......happens to me all the time, but my wife is usually quick to remind me, "It's the car hon, it's the car."

Have fun!

I remeber growing up with no car seats... Sitting on the console of my dad's Rambler, or piled into my aunts triumph spitfire with 2 other kids or riding in the back of pick up trucks!! No seatbelts involved at all...

Safety has come a long way....

May not make you look 30 years younger, but you'll get looks from 30 year younger, uh, um, fans, shall we say......happens to me all the time, but my wife is usually quick to remind me, "It's the car hon, it's the car."

Have fun!

True, a lot of young girls take pics of the car for some reason, my guess its so they can go home and show their dad what they want for a graduation present (not me, the car) lol.

I remeber growing up with no car seats... Sitting on the console of my dad's Rambler, or piled into my aunts triumph spitfire with 2 other kids or riding in the back of pick up trucks!! No seatbelts involved at all...

Safety has come a long way....

I remember waiting around the block to ride home on pops running boards on his old Plymouth..... but enuf of hijacking the thread.....

From a roll he should, from a dig, a Z06 will wipe the floor with him to 100-110 or so unless he is on a tire.

You're basing that assumption zero evidence and as he's quick to point out, you don't know what he has or how he drives.

Z06's aren't the kings of traction, they have problems just like the GT500. You say you've made up your mind on what you're supposedly going to buy but it's obviously not a GT500.

And If I have to hear about your freaking Trans Am one more time.......

You're basing that assumption zero evidence and as he's quick to point out, you don't know what he has or how he drives.

Z06's aren't the kings of traction, they have problems just like the GT500. You say you've made up your mind on what you're supposedly going to buy but it's obviously not a GT500.

And If I have to hear about your freaking Trans Am one more time.......

The Z06 runs low 11's stock.

I have never seen a mid 600whp GT500 run low 11's unless it was on a tire. If you know of one, post it up and I stand corrected.

Give some respect to my Trans Am. In 3rd gear the GT500 I raced (an '09) only pulled about 1-1.5 cars on it. 4th gear it pulled 3 or so, but still. Not bad. : P

Again, this thread was meant to stir the pot, and I just continued the OP's game. Feel free to call me out if I "pollute" a "serious" thread, but I don't think this is the case here.

The Z06 runs low 11's stock.

I have never seen a mid 600whp GT500 run low 11's unless it was on a tire. If you know of one, post it up and I stand corrected.

Give some respect to my Trans Am. In 3rd gear the GT500 I raced (an '09) only pulled about 1-1.5 cars on it. 4th gear it pulled 3 or so, but still. Not bad. : P

Again, this thread was meant to stir the pot, and I just continued the OP's game. Feel free to call me out if I "pollute" a "serious" thread, but I don't think this is the case here.

No pot stirring here, I have just read a lot of should I buy a Corvette or a GT500 threads. My post was to point out if you have kids, they do fit in the back of a Shelby NOT in a Corvette. This fact made my choice easy.

Archived