TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pulled the trigger today

Tout

After looking and calling around the last few weeks I finally bought a 2009 blue KR, it is one of the last few new blue cars for sale in the US, a ton of silver and black cars can still be found, a few red , but not many blue. I will have it shipped to Pennsylvania after I return from vacation next week,looking forward to adding this car next to our 1968 KR.

Tout

After looking and calling around the last few weeks I finally bought a 2009 blue KR, it is one of the last few new blue cars for sale in the US, a ton of silver and black cars can still be found, a few red , but not many blue. I will have it shipped to Pennsylvania after I return from vacation next week,looking forward to adding this car next to our 1968 KR.

Tout

Welcom and please post some picture of the 09 and 68 together when you can.

Congratulations on the second generation KR, Please post pictures of them together we would love to see them. I have always dreamed of having a 60’s SHELBY in my garage “sigh” one day …

I never thought I would get a chance to own a SHELBY much less a KR but here I am !!!, I am so glad FORD and SHELBY started working together again…happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

IMG_1889.jpg

MAN, those Vista Blue KR's look sweet!

Dang...

There was a 2008 Silver/Blue GT500KR on the showroom when I bought my 2010 Kona Blue/White GT500 and it's a damn good thing it wasn't Vista Blue because I would'a bought it.... at ANY price.

I think the lighter tone Vista Blue looks better than the (darker) Kona Blue too.

I'm *sooooo* tempted to 'clone' my GT500 into a KR look (SS hood, double OTT stripes, SS Alcoa's).

But now that the SS has a white stripe option, I'm torn between keeping mine and either cloning a KR/Patriot/SS or trading it in on a '11 Kona Blue SVTPP that's coming in and sending it off to the Mothership in Lost Wages to have it Snaked (for the real deal).

I'll be the first to admit that I have more money than brains.....and its burning a BIG HOLE in my pocket!!! (California real estate was GOOOOOD to me in late 2005!)

Hmm, decisions decisions decisions,

Phill Pollard

If money is no object then do yourself a favor and purchase a KR! You won't regret it!

MAN, those Vista Blue KR's look sweet!

Dang...

There was a 2008 Silver/Blue GT500KR on the showroom when I bought my 2010 Kona Blue/White GT500 and it's a damn good thing it wasn't Vista Blue because I would'a bought it.... at ANY price.

I think the lighter tone Vista Blue looks better than the (darker) Kona Blue too.

I'm *sooooo* tempted to 'clone' my GT500 into a KR look (SS hood, double OTT stripes, SS Alcoa's).

But now that the SS has a white stripe option, I'm torn between keeping mine and either cloning a KR/Patriot/SS or trading it in on a '11 Kona Blue SVTPP that's coming in and sending it off to the Mothership in Lost Wages to have it Snaked (for the real deal).

I'll be the first to admit that I have more money than brains.....and its burning a BIG HOLE in my pocket!!! (California real estate was GOOOOOD to me in late 2005!)

Hmm, decisions decisions decisions,

Phill Pollard

• 2 weeks later...

Back from vacation,car number 375 will be picked up for delivery to Pennsylvania this Monday/Tuesday and should take a day or so to get here.

Tout

iffin it's only a days drive, why not drive her home yourself?

congrats - love to see the new girl when u get her all spiffy

iffin it's only a days drive, why not drive her home yourself?

congrats - love to see the new girl when u get her all spiffy

Getting the time to drive out to Ohio and back is a problem right now, we are working 6 days a week getting caught up from the vacation shutdown.

Tout

I dunno Scotty.....our cars look like twins !

kr01a.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

One thing you'll notice however (well, actually 2 things) The obvious is the front chin spoiler. I swapped mine out for the plastic one from the GT-500. The carbon fiber one is up in the loft inside the garage.

The other is the registration sticker and inspection sticker. I stacked mine as opposed to having them side by side. Call me crazy but I have a reason why I did it this way. Here's the crazy reason why. When you take your car in for an inspection, who removes the old sticker with a sharp razor? The tech does, that's who. That sticker is too close to the dash board for my comfort when there's a razor blade involved. I was there when the car was 1st inspected and the tech said "Ok, why don't you install the sticker where you want it, I don't want to mess it up"....lol

I brought an old reg sticker with me to use as a guide and I placed the inspection sticker on top. To be honest, I do that for all my cars.

Definately seperated at birth! Even has the same birthmarks!

kr01a.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

One thing you'll notice however (well, actually 2 things) The obvious is the front chin spoiler. I swapped mine out for the plastic one from the GT-500. The carbon fiber one is up in the loft inside the garage.

The other is the registration sticker and inspection sticker. I stacked mine as opposed to having them side by side. Call me crazy but I have a reason why I did it this way. Here's the crazy reason why. When you take your car in for an inspection, who removes the old sticker with a sharp razor? The tech does, that's who. That sticker is too close to the dash board for my comfort when there's a razor blade involved. I was there when the car was 1st inspected and the tech said "Ok, why don't you install the sticker where you want it, I don't want to mess it up"....lol

I brought an old reg sticker with me to use as a guide and I placed the inspection sticker on top. To be honest, I do that for all my cars.

kr01a.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

Registration sticker? Thought you were in NH? Thats not the location of a NH inspection sticker.

Congrats on the purchase. I think I need to go look at Roberts KR for a little bit and dream some more, hehe :shift:

Cars here, I will post a few pictures this weekend. The dealer did a good job of keeping all the goodies that go along with the car together,everything acounted for.The blue was worth holding out for, I was tossing between blue and black as very very few blue cars were for sale and dealers were holding them as they knew this. The car has 9 miles, so I will get to drive it some this weekend to get the mileage needed to break it in.

Tout

Yeah in NY they want the stickers that way. And also the front plate on but even if they gave me a ticket it's not worth the look. I don't let them take off the old inspection sticker, I do it myself. I have the tool, put a towel on the dash as to catch all the scraps of paper from scraping.

Registration sticker? Thought you were in NH? Thats not the location of a NH inspection sticker.

• 3 weeks later...

Tout

Congrats on your buy

sent a PM

Frank A.

Had a chance yesterday to take the car out for a ride, trying to get a few easy miles in, looked at the instrument cluster and the engine light is on, car drove ok, so dropping it off Monday to the dealer down the street, inspection and engine light to get done, most likely from sitting in the dealers show room for two years.

Tout

Archived