TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INSURANCE RATES

Frank A.

I do not own a KR as of yet

looking at differnet possibilities

got a quote from my insurance company

they won't insure a KR but they got a price from a collector car

insurance company ---- $1800.00 / year

(a standard GT500 is $600.00 - $800.00 / year)

is this for real ---- are you guys paying that kind of premium

I have no points and no tickets for last 20 years

only blemish was a deer with my wifes SVT contour last fall

I tried searching for info on insurance rates on the forum and found nothing

I apologize if this is in the wrong place

Frank A. :)

Barrett- Jackson Insurance underwritten through PCG. Full coverage - $85 K stated value replacement- o deducts- around 300 total per year

Amount wil vary with your location and mile package you choose along with what replacement value you want but it will NOT be $1800 per year.

go to the Barrett Jackson website and look under collector car insurance. Leann is easy to deal with and several KR owners have insurance through them.

Good Luck

Andy

Barrett- Jackson Insurance underwritten through PCG. Full coverage - $85 K stated value replacement- o deducts- around 300 total per year

Amount wil vary with your location and mile package you choose along with what replacement value you want but it will NOT be $1800 per year.

go to the Barrett Jackson website and look under collector car insurance. Leann is easy to deal with and several KR owners have insurance through them.

Good Luck

Andy

yup, thats what Rachel/Delp sells, been using it for 2yrs, no problems.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/insurance/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=Insurance&utm_campaign=Home%2BPage

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replys

just got back from a 30 day around the USA drive

~9000 miles in my wifes 'Corvette'

will join the ranks by the end of the month

didn't think that $1800.00 was correct

the vette is only $600.00 unlimited

Again thanks for the tips

Frank A.

Don't have it in front of me now, but I'm paying around $600-$700 per year for full replacement coverage through my State Farm agent.

I have USAA for my truck however when I had to deal with State Farm when a lady decided she could beat me and my motorcycle and failed they were some of the best people to deal with. I had absolutely no issues and they were still willing to pay for an exhaust 5 months after the accident. I would go with State Farm.

I agree that $1,800 is high and some of the other suggestions on here seem good. I would just reiterate the comment about post sales (i.e. claims) service. I've had the same insurer for over 20 years and wouldn't switch unless I really had to. My rates are very reasonable but their service is phenomenal. Over the 20 year period, I've had some claims with them and they have been great. No hassels over replacement costs, no delays and they handle everything form beginning to end and guarantee the repair work. I'm sure I could save a few bucks shopping around but would then be nervous about what would happen on a claim. So, my advice is to shop just as much on service as on price. Once you have a few candidates try to get some input on the claims experience. We've all probably heard the challenges with folks who find a cheap rate on line only to find that they get screwed when they have a claim.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not own a KR as of yet

looking at differnet possibilities

got a quote from my insurance company

they won't insure a KR but they got a price from a collector car

insurance company ---- $1800.00 / year

(a standard GT500 is $600.00 - $800.00 / year)

is this for real ---- are you guys paying that kind of premium

I have no points and no tickets for last 20 years

only blemish was a deer with my wifes SVT contour last fall

I tried searching for info on insurance rates on the forum and found nothing

I apologize if this is in the wrong place

Frank A. :)

I have my KR covered on my regular auto policy. The VIN # is only picked up as a GT500 and my rates are cheaper than the quote I got at Haggerty. If you have been with the same company for a few years and have 2 or 3 other vehicles on the policy they will probably will not have a problem adding the KR. Check with your Agent, don't try and get this kind of information on line from the company website.

I don't know if this matters but be careful having your KR insured as a reg. GT500. Replacement parts could be trouble. Plus a GT500 at Grundy Worldwide is like 500-600 a year no mile restrictions.

I have my KR covered on my regular auto policy. The VIN # is only picked up as a GT500 and my rates are cheaper than the quote I got at Haggerty. If you have been with the same company for a few years and have 2 or 3 other vehicles on the policy they will probably will not have a problem adding the KR. Check with your Agent, don't try and get this kind of information on line from the company website.

I don't know if this matters but be careful having your KR insured as a reg. GT500. Replacement parts could be trouble. Plus a GT500 at Grundy Worldwide is like 500-600 a year no mile restrictions.

Scott, I 1000% agree! If you would need a hood and a couple of wheels I can see the agency going nuts when replacement costs for a GT500 are only a fraction of the cost of the KRs parts. Be careful indeed!

There is really no reason to go with anyone else other than Delp as ShelbyPT said earlier.

just call Rachel she will help you

Rachel R. Miller

The Delp Company

1440 Arrowhead Drive

Maumee, Ohio 43537

Direct Phone: 419-794-1083

+1000

Delp is the way to go, GT500 40th (not KR) agreed replacement value $100,000 AND $10,000 for my '64 Fairlane=about $550 per year!

Most "regular" car insurance company's treat a Shelby as any other daily driver (except for the premium of course) and continue to charge a high price while ignoring statistics and the care most Shelby owners give their babies.

I'm not questioning you, but how could an insurance company insure a GT500 for $100,000. The underwriters have to know this is not cost effective. I would actually think of having my car dissapear for that kind of $$$. Almost 3 times the value.

+1000

Delp is the way to go, GT500 40th (not KR) agreed replacement value $100,000 AND $10,000 for my '64 Fairlane=about $550 per year!

Most "regular" car insurance company's treat a Shelby as any other daily driver (except for the premium of course) and continue to charge a high price while ignoring statistics and the care most Shelby owners give their babies.

I'm not questioning you, but how could an insurance company insure a GT500 for $100,000. The underwriters have to know this is not cost effective. I would actually think of having my car dissapear for that kind of $$$. Almost 3 times the value.

:lol: It's agreed valued coverage; it cost a few dollars more but if my car "disappears" or is totaled I get a check for $100,000, (I've got about $90,000 in it now) give them a call, it will be worth your while. There are some limitations (mileage, etc.) But these are negotiable.

Yes, it is Barrett Jackson involved insurance and they know about our cars. Tell them you're a Team Shelby member and you heard about them here.

Delp brokers the insurance with the Barrett Jackson "logo" as an endorsement. The underwriter was formerly the AIG Private Client Group. It now goes by the name Chartis. The PCG was spun off from AIG between 1-2 years ago.

All of my insurance is now through Delp. The Mustang and Cobra through Chartis, and the daily drivers, homeowners and umbrella pollicy with Auto Owners. Both companies offer a substantial discount by paying a the full year's premium.

Edit: Just FYI, the PCG was profitable and AIG didn't want the albatross around their neck so spun it off...

Yeah my value is at $85000. If I up it it also ups the premium, but I guess it's well worth it.

:lol: It's agreed valued coverage; it cost a few dollars more but if my car "disappears" or is totaled I get a check for $100,000, (I've got about $90,000 in it now) give them a call, it will be worth your while. There are some limitations (mileage, etc.) But these are negotiable.

Yes, it is Barrett Jackson involved insurance and they know about our cars. Tell them you're a Team Shelby member and you heard about them here.

Thats the name on mine...Chartis

Delp brokers the insurance with the Barrett Jackson "logo" as an endorsement. The underwriter was formerly the AIG Private Client Group. It now goes by the name Chartis. The PCG was spun off from AIG between 1-2 years ago.

All of my insurance is now through Delp. The Mustang and Cobra through Chartis, and the daily drivers, homeowners and umbrella pollicy with Auto Owners. Both companies offer a substantial discount by paying a the full year's premium.

Edit: Just FYI, the PCG was profitable and AIG didn't want the albatross around their neck so spun it off...

Wow, I would read the full policy very very carefully as I've not heard of any insurance company over insuring and paying out the full amount at claim time. Even if you pay the premium for $100k of coverage I doubt they would pay that if it is 3 times the value of the car. That type of coverage would lead to what is known as "adverse selection" and is a really bad thing in the insurance business.

Thanks for all the replys

just got back from a 30 day around the USA drive

~9000 miles in my wifes 'Corvette'

will join the ranks by the end of the month

didn't think that $1800.00 was correct

the vette is only $600.00 unlimited

Again thanks for the tips

Frank A.

Well thanks for all the input about insurance

haven't been able to be an owner yet ----- US Bank

jerking me around because the loan I had approved had a 30 day

limit that I did not use ---- local dealer just sold silver 09 an hour ago

my salesman called and gave me the news

that leaves one left locally ----

I did get a quote from DELP for $350.00 a year ---

now to get US Bank moving

Frank A.

I agree.

Wow, I would read the full policy very very carefully as I've not heard of any insurance company over insuring and paying out the full amount at claim time. Even if you pay the premium for $100k of coverage I doubt they would pay that if it is 3 times the value of the car. That type of coverage would lead to what is known as "adverse selection" and is a really bad thing in the insurance business.

Archived