TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CTS-V vs 2011 GT500

COBRA32

Watch this Video http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/video/grudge-match-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-vs-shelby-gt500. If this is not a wake up call I do not know what is. The Gt500's need 315 not 285's so they will hook up in a drag race. This is just dis heartening that a car that weights 400 pounds more and only has 6 more horsepower beats a lighter car with the same horsepower thats bad. Now all I will hear is that a Cadillac is faster than my GT500. If Ford would put some meat under the car this would not happen or a auto would help allot. What is really bad is how much will the Z28 beat us by when its even lighter than the CTS-V. Makes me want to trade the 2011 GT500 off, shame on Ford for letting a Cadilllac beat your top performance car. This car is not worth the money they are asking if it can not beat a 4 door luxury Cadiliac. I just wanted to vent, Love my Gt500 but this just made me sick,.I know it was probably driver but with most of us not pro drivers this will be the results for most of us. Ford could have made it easier on us by giving us bigger tires so we could hook up better or Make the TVS standard like the Cadilliac and Vette have which would greatly help in our cars power wise.

Watch this Video http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/video/grudge-match-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-vs-shelby-gt500. If this is not a wake up call I do not know what is. The Gt500's need 315 not 285's so they will hook up in a drag race. This is just dis heartening that a car that weights 400 pounds more and only has 6 more horsepower beats a lighter car with the same horsepower thats bad. Now all I will hear is that a Cadillac is faster than my GT500. If Ford would put some meat under the car this would not happen or a auto would help allot. What is really bad is how much will the Z28 beat us by when its even lighter than the CTS-V. Makes me want to trade the 2011 GT500 off, shame on Ford for letting a Cadilllac beat your top performance car. This car is not worth the money they are asking if it can not beat a 4 door luxury Cadiliac. I just wanted to vent, Love my Gt500 but this just made me sick,.I know it was probably driver but with most of us not pro drivers this will be the results for most of us. Ford could have made it easier on us by giving us bigger tires so we could hook up better or Make the TVS standard like the Cadilliac and Vette have which would greatly help in our cars power wise.

Both cars weigh approximately the same....the stang a little lighter. I wouldn't put too much stock in R&T. If you look at several tests of the CTS-V, the '11 models are in the 12.4 sec. 1/4 mile range. The GT500 is a tick faster at 12.3 sec. So, it does come down to the driver. With capable drivers in both cars, the GT500 should win every time. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Use sticky tires at the 'strip and you'll do fine. And, on a road course, the GT500 should leave it behind. It wasn't that far behind the Z06 on the road course.

Both cars weigh approximately the same....the stang a little lighter. I wouldn't put too much stock in R&T. If you look at several tests of the CTS-V, the '11 models are in the 12.4 sec. 1/4 mile range. The GT500 is a tick faster at 12.3 sec. So, it does come down to the driver. With capable drivers in both cars, the GT500 should win every time. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Use sticky tires at the 'strip and you'll do fine. And, on a road course, the GT500 should leave it behind. It wasn't that far behind the Z06 on the road course.

+1

That Caddy is just ugly as well... and probably automatic which would make a difference for an unexperienced racer in the GT500. It is not easy launching our cars... I just started last year and still cant get into the 12's... I'll be back at the strip this fall, however, with sticky tires and some control arms... :))

M.

the engine is the ZR1 block,and im betting the 556hp in the V is understated.Also, the A/T is a killer 6 speed paddle shifter,which in my experince is quicker than a manual,esp one that grinds gears.Id think though if one were into racing,a modded Shelby with good tires and a good driver would win every time.My belief is theres always a faster car,so buy the one that does the best for you,looks,feel etc.Ive driven the new camaro,and id never buy that car,you cant even see out of it.I do have an STS-V, the CTS' big brother, they only made 450 of them in 2008,and its a really nice,fast big car,but its not a Shelby

the engine is the ZR1 block,and im betting the 556hp in the V is understated.Also, the A/T is a killer 6 speed paddle shifter,which in my experince is quicker than a manual,esp one that grinds gears.Id think though if one were into racing,a modded Shelby with good tires and a good driver would win every time.My belief is theres always a faster car,so buy the one that does the best for you,looks,feel etc.Ive driven the new camaro,and id never buy that car,you cant even see out of it.I do have an STS-V, the CTS' big brother, they only made 450 of them in 2008,and its a really nice,fast big car,but its not a Shelby

You got it right. In the 'real world' at the dragstrip, the GT500 will be beating the Caddys. Heck, I doubt if you will find many Caddys at the 'strip. And, on the street, from a 'rolling start', GT500 wins.

The cars do have a decent weight difference. The Caddy is 4200lbs and the Shelby is 3800lbs. 400lbs is a lot to me. The Z/28 will cut that difference in at least half.

You got it right. In the 'real world' at the dragstrip, the GT500 will be beating the Caddys. Heck, I doubt if you will find many Caddys at the 'strip. And, on the street, from a 'rolling start', GT500 wins.

Just for kicks,since i cant run my vert w/o a roll bar,i ran my 4800lb STSV, w 469hp and it did a 13.1.had some wheel spin,so i fugure itd do 12.9--pretty cool .

The cars do have a decent weight difference. The Caddy is 4200lbs and the Shelby is 3800lbs. 400lbs is a lot to me. The Z/28 will cut that difference in at least half.

Well, according to one mag, the '11 Caddy weighs 3909 lb. That's a little less than 4200 lb.

As for the Z28, it's more of a 'brick' than the Caddy.

The Caddy is close to $30 grand more too, not quite apples to apples

Archived