TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts From a Fellow Team Shelby Member

CrzyHorse

Mr. Bulllit: Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

I was just curious where the hood pin locks were coming from. Didn't know your brother's cousins nephew's sister in law ( :confused: ) actually makes them for Shelby in Vegas. Thats cool!!! :dreamy: That is if its true :rolleyes: which I doubt. :rolleyes: If it is true it was good thinking to suggest a "go between" since you wouldn't want SAI to find out. :hearseespeak: :hysterical:

One things for sure....your posts are entertaining if nothing else. :hysterical:

BTW, my uncle's nephew's daughter in law's grandmother's sister's father also makes exclusive KR parts for SAI PM me and I'll hook you up but we have to use a go between to keep it on the down low :hysterical:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll never be convinced, and that's fine, I haven't the desire to attempt it. And you keep saying clone. How many GT500 owners have you seen attempt to duplicate the KR - in its entirety? Not just a few parts, but every single one, including KR side stripes, etc. I've never seen anyone match the car, part for part. What you see are people adding parts to their cars to improve the performance and sometimes original design KR parts are chosen - as I have. They fit perfectly, were designed to integrate perfectly, and they work.

I like the parts because they only offer a mild compromise when it comes to performance sacrifices. Many would argue that OE KR parts don't give you enough bang for the buck and in a few cases, they'd be right. Were I to make upgrades using a healthy regimen of OE parts today, I'd utilize parts from the '11 Performance Package bin. But I've already made the changes and I'm not going back.

Hi Tob,

You make some good points. I have been known to change my mind about things when provided with solid info. In this case, though, I think that with just a few of the KR parts like the KR hood (including pins, hood stripes, letters, shipping, etc.), the front splitter and wheels/tires (either KR 18s or the Alcoa 20s) you'd be near $10k and then could have gotten a KR. I see the point though the once you've made the mods to the GT500, it may then be best to drive and enjoy it (I was thinking more about what to do before buying the GT500 or before money was spent on mods).

I also can appreciate the point you make about liking the KR parts since they "fit perfectly, were designed to integrate perfectly, and they work". That is part of the reason that they may cost a little more. I have no idea what their budget is but I suspect that SAI spends a fair amount on research and engineering when designing their parts (and for pre-title KR parts they probably have to pass Ford and DOT standards too). So, I can now see some of the appeal of the KR parts if you just want to do a few mods but I for one, know that I would not be able to stop at a few mods and would quickly exceed $10k on a GT500 which is why I sprung for the KR.

Mr. Bulllit: Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

I was just curious where the hood pin locks were coming from. Didn't know your brother's cousins nephew's sister in law ( :confused: ) actually makes them for Shelby in Vegas. Thats cool!!! :dreamy: That is if its true :rolleyes: which I doubt. :rolleyes: If it is true it was good thinking to suggest a "go between" since you wouldn't want SAI to find out. :hearseespeak: :hysterical:

One things for sure....your posts are entertaining if nothing else. :hysterical:

BTW, my uncle's nephew's daughter in law's grandmother's sister's father also makes exclusive KR parts for SAI PM me and I'll hook you up but we have to use a go between to keep it on the down low :hysterical:

Just curious Mr. Real One? Or maybe you are feeling the need to exercise that long distance telephone plan again.......

Quoted from the Real One himself ........""Seems like you laugh too soon grasshopper. Checked Ebay. Item was removed. Further, those "KR" hoods on Ebay were not being sold by SAI.

Further you completely miss the point. They were "black market" hoods that fell off the truck. Yes, anyone could've have bought those hoods.

But anyone cannot buy a KR hood unless they find one that fell off the truck being marketed on ebay.

Further, when I last spoke to SAI (last week) about the ebay hoods I was told that SAI's attorneys would be "contacting" the sellers. May explain why the items a were removed from Ebay.

SAI in my conversations with them have told me very clearly the KR specific parts including the hoods are only avvailable and will only be sold to KR owners"

And your point is?????

Why don't you just answer the question directly.

Its real simple. Either your getting them from SAI directly or your buying stuff that fell off the truck or from people who more then likely are supplying/ selling in violation of some restriction agreement with SAI. one or the other.

My guess is your not getting your stuff from SAI. If I'm wrong please enlighten us.

Enjoy your KR parts.

And your point is?????

Why don't you just answer the question directly.

Its real simple. Either your getting them from SAI directly or your buying stuff that fell off the truck or from people who more then likely are supplying/ selling in violation of some restriction agreement with SAI. one or the other.

My guess is your not getting your stuff from SAI. If I'm wrong please enlighten us.

Enjoy your KR parts.

Real One, give me one good reason why I, or anyone else should answer any question you ask? You obviously have a history ( see quote above ) of running to Shelby and complaining about KR parts being in the hands of non-KR owners. So what? ........... I am going to give you the source of these parts so you can do the same to me????

Young grasshopper, do you think anyone is that stupid? I'll continue to enjoy the supply chain of KR parts because it makes me happy, and you may continue wondering where they are coming from........sound goood? Great! Now run along and oil up your twist pins.

WARNING.

The sniping, bickering, and sarcastic comments are putting this forum about 5 minutes away from being closed down. Some of you have completely derailed the original point of this forum down to the very reason why it was generated in the first place.

Additionally, if some members don't step back a few feet from other member's faces, they will find themselves taking a time out from this site. If some of you want to act like babies, then some of you will be displined like babies. Stop the threats, stop the insults.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, PEOPLE!

WARNING.

The sniping, bickering, and sarcastic comments are putting this forum about 5 minutes away from being closed down. Some of you have completely derailed the original point of this forum down to the very reason why it was generated in the first place.

Additionally, if some members don't step back a few feet from other member's faces, they will find themselves taking a time out from this site. If some of you want to act like babies, then some of you will be displined like babies. Stop the threats, stop the insults.

Amen, lets get back to the fun of the cars and helping each other. If it is not helping, do not bring it up!

WARNING.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

No problem here. I'm not the SAI police, nor do I have an interest in tracking down the source of any KR parts outside of SAi beyond just curiosity. Seriously.

Mr. Buillits response (a little sensative if you ask me :baby: ) tells me and confirms all I need to know. Thanks.

WARNING.

Shut it Down! I'm tired of hearing Real One saying "I going to tell mama"

Shut it Down! I'm tired of hearing Real One saying "I going to tell mama"

Its not just one person or just KR owners or just GT500 owners. There have been people on both sides of the debate who have gone off subject or taken things personally or gone a little too far in their comments (myself included), so I agree that this thread has outlived its purpose but nobody should be singled out. We're all to blame and we all have forgotten the purpose of this forum and the GT500 forum and thats to share information and experiences about our cars (helping each other out). I suspect that there are a number of forum members who have been turned off by this and are either just lurking and not posting or have moved on to other forums (there are several) and thats a shame as they probably have some valuable contributions to this site that we may never benefit from. So, this forum is still my "go to" place when I need info on my KR but that may change if we can't just agree to disagree sometimes without getting personal. On these topics everyone wants to have the last word or makes an abrasive comment to stir the pot (neither of which is my intent with this post). So, lets get back to helping each other out and getting productive again.

By the way, I did a quick search and found 2 places that seem to make look-a-like KR hoods. One is Trufiber and the other is Duraflex. I have no idea of the quality or fit of either but the pictures sure look good. I think the Trufiber hood even has recesses for the hood pins and comes with look-a-like pins and both are less than $1k. From some posts on another forum I saw that some folks have installed these hoods with good results. Just a thought. Back in the day in 1996, I built my version of a KR from a '95 Cobra that I bought new and installed a KR hood from USBody and it was great. My car had about 650hp and was featured in MM&FF and was a mid 10 sec car at 128 mph in the quarter (and I drove it to work every day). I'll dig up a pic and post it so you can see what my rendition of a KR looked like in 1996.

Hey mod, how 'bout you hit us with a last comment (not about babies and punishment, though, maybe something inspirational) and then close this particular thread.

Hey, I didn't once say "I'm gonna tell mama". In fact if you can read English including the English in my last post, you'd know that.

Let me say this again real slow. I don't care where they are getting their KR parts beyond just curiosity as to the supply sources. If you don't understand that I try drawing a pic with crayons for you.

Moreover, feel free to hang out else where if you don't like this subforum or reading my posts.

OMG this thread is still going. This is the best the KR world can come up with. What a lame forum. And they didnt shut this down yet. No wonder I have no interest in coming on here anymore. What a Joke.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out...

Archived