TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SEC Regional Events...

SPRSNK

Hey Guys and Gals,

First let me say that I am not trying to hijack MrFarmDog's job from as an event organizer. I have agreed to help him since he lives in Memphis and I'll be in the Franklin/Nashville area. I know next to nothing about my soon to be region. The Austin/Hill Country allergies have gotten the better of my family and I, so we are moving. Distance is a typically not an issue for me since Texas is so big that it takes a day just to drive through the state.

That being said, I know 1 person in this area personally and would love to get to know more of you to do events and races. What types of events would you like to see more of and which locations?

Rick

Hey Guys and Gals,

First let me say that I am not trying to hijack MrFarmDog's job from as an event organizer. I have agreed to help him since he lives in Memphis and I'll be in the Franklin/Nashville area. I know next to nothing about my soon to be region. The Austin/Hill Country allergies have gotten the better of my family and I, so we are moving. Distance is a typically not an issue for me since Texas is so big that it takes a day just to drive through the state.

That being said, I know 1 person in this area personally and would love to get to know more of you to do events and races. What types of events would you like to see more of and which locations?

Rick

Rick, I believe most want track events and cruise ins, not judged car shows - just Shelby owners and enthusiasts enjoying the great brand and camaraderie. That is what we are working on in AL.

Rick, I believe most want track events and cruise ins, not judged car shows - just Shelby owners and enthusiasts enjoying the great brand and camaraderie. That is what we are working on in AL.

I agree with Al, Judged car shows are not really my thing. I refuse to let my car be a trailer queen.

Mike

It is great to get input from our region. I hope more will chime in; communication is the key.

As with many of you, I have been to track events that were also huge cruise ins and others that were specific. A standard, recurring cruise in would be fantastic. Our local vintage auto club has a 1st Saturday morning of the each month cruise in at a doughnut shop - great event and no one has to make flyers or send emails.

The goal is most certainly to fill the gap for Shelby enthusiasts. Please share what you want to see happening in our region.

• 8 months later...

SPRSNK, hey we should get together sometime. Franklin is not that far from me. I also believe you are a member of svtoanashville?? Been on there for about 5 years although I don"t post up that much..

I would like to see us do something like Horsepower on the Horse farm [although they missed the last couple years] Maybe a annual MVR show and shine get together ?Brent could bring the dyno out and we could make it a pretty nice little Shelby feast? Maybe get together and see who has the room to support something like this on thier land?? this way we wouldn't be pressed for time or space..Just throwing it out there.

Archived