TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WAY TOO QUIET

Maybe TTEA

Tuning

Testing

EPA approval

Last I heard Ford Racing was still working on a warrantable tune-

The prototype ran real well at Pacific Raceway last month, possible it was a forged short block tho

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Maybe TTEA

Tuning

Testing

EPA approval

The prototype ran real well at Pacific Raceway last month, possible it was a forged short block tho

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This all should have been completed prior to:

1) The initial roll out of this auto.

2) Accepting down payments.

In today's economy I would hope there would be some type of compensation or at least better communication to the good souls that plucked down their hard earn cash.

Don't get me wrong, Im not complaining, and knew I would be playing the dreaded waiting game jumping on board the second it was announced, but I did expect a LITTLE more updates here on TeamShelby from time to time. They told us there would be a lot of photos following the GT350 builds, but I guess there just isn't that much to show currently. I sure hope we get them before the event that is planned around it. And that I have time to do a proper break in on the car....does us no good for them to deliver it to me in Granbury and have it sit NEXT to the track.

But, that said, SA makes no money if they arent getting the cars out the door, so Im sure they are ready to get them built and paid for as much as we are!! They did say 60-90 days from when they got the cars in, and we are just now getting to that 90 day mark in the next week, so, really if they get them out in the next few weeks, they are still right on schedule.

This all should have been completed prior to:

1) The initial roll out of this auto.

2) Accepting down payments.

In today's economy I would hope there would be some type of compensation or at least better communication to the good souls that plucked down their hard earn cash.

You would think???

Base on behind the seens information, TTEA is exaclty why Roush isn't introducing a Stage 3 Roushcharged 2011. Even tho many can't wrap there head around it, Roush is again instrumental in making the 5.0L blowers and tunes for FRPP and Shelby.

I feel for the guys who put down their deposits on these cars. SA needs to add more updates to the thread to keep prospective owners sanity in check. If nothing else, I hope they are reaching out to you privately and directly to keep you apprised of any developments. As a Shelby lover, I for one don't think I could handle the wait, but that's just me.

Good luck guys. Everyone is eagerly anticipating the arrival of the final product. I for one can't wait to see it.

Jim

I can speak for other GT350 buyers, but Roger Sorel and the Shelby American crew do a very good job of keeping me informed.

They are just as excited as we are on the pending delivery of our cars.

I agree, although I would add that the ONLY one keeping us informed is Roger. :salute:

Does somebody else actually work there? I wouldnt know.... :hysterical:

I was informed my car arrived. Would be nice to know a little more at some point.

Don't get me wrong, Im not complaining, and knew I would be playing the dreaded waiting game jumping on board the second it was announced, but I did expect a LITTLE more updates here on TeamShelby from time to time. They told us there would be a lot of photos following the GT350 builds, but I guess there just isn't that much to show currently. I sure hope we get them before the event that is planned around it. And that I have time to do a proper break in on the car....does us no good for them to deliver it to me in Granbury and have it sit NEXT to the track.

But, that said, SA makes no money if they arent getting the cars out the door, so Im sure they are ready to get them built and paid for as much as we are!! They did say 60-90 days from when they got the cars in, and we are just now getting to that 90 day mark in the next week, so, really if they get them out in the next few weeks, they are still right on schedule.

No doubt Roger saved my deal and went over and above as to why my car was M.I.A.

Taking all of this into consideration, the communication needs to be improved.

Actually I was told it’s 90 days from when you car hits the lift not when it has arrived at Shelby.

Yup, fly in tomorrow.

Roger, with the advance warning, you plan on calling in sick? :hysterical:

He called in sick as soon as he heard you were arriving :hysterical:

Maybe TTEA

Tuning

Testing

EPA approval

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tuning has been done for a while.

Testing also done.

CARB......no certificate.

Forged internals? ........don't think so.:)

Roger

Yup, fly in tomorrow.

Roger, with the advance warning, you plan on calling in sick? :hysterical:

Excellent...we'll be waiting by the monitor for updates! No pressure of course. :shades:

John

Tuning has been done for a while.

Testing also done.

CARB......no certificate.

Forged internals? ........don't think so.:)

Roger

Roger,

Can you clarify what that means?

John

No doubt Roger saved my deal and went over and above as to why my car was M.I.A.

Taking all of this into consideration, the communication needs to be improved.

Actually I was told it's 90 days from when you car hits the lift not when it has arrived at Shelby.

If this is the case, there is a real issue.

The build from start to finish should be now more than 4 to 5 days.

So the GT350 is not yet legal for CA?

I researched this when I was getting a S/C for my 06 GT and wanted to remain smog legal in CA.

When Ford, or any other manufacturer, wants to offer an aftermarket part that was not part of the original vehicles EPA certification, they apply for an EO (exemption). Typically, the EPA defers to CARB (California Air Resources Board), as Cal emissions are the most stringent.

Given that the modification doesn't dramatically increase emissions, such as adding a carb to a vehicle originally fuel injected, and the potential installed base is small, these exemptions are usually granted.

My guess is that CARB has way bigger fish to fry than approving the FRPP Whipple for the 2011 Coyote motor. They will get to it when they get to it. Hopefully sooner than later.

If this is the case, there is a real issue.

The build from start to finish should be now more than 4 to 5 days.

Someone at Shelby informed me of the 90 days from hitting the lifts. I know it was extremely discouraging to hear this but I want them to get it right the first time. I would be disappointed to have paid for the transportation and the car of my dreams turn out to be a nightmare.

The bad thing is that I was scheduling to enter the GT350 in a few car shows and it looks like I will be in attendance looking at other autos.

:cry:

Someone at Shelby informed me of the 90 days from hitting the lifts. I know it was extremely discouraging to hear this but I want them to get it right the first time. I would be disappointed to have paid for the transportation and the car of my dreams turn out to be a nightmare.

The bad thing is that I was scheduling to enter the GT350 in a few car shows and it looks like I will be in attendance looking at other autos.

:cry:

When I was visiting Shelby and my new donor car July19th, Roger informed me that cars should be shipping in 60 to 90 days from then.

Also, they allot 4 to 5 days for the build and they have 21 lifts and techs.

Seems to me that Shelby should be able to burn through their backlog in short order once the supply chain is flowing.

I researched this when I was getting a S/C for my 06 GT and wanted to remain smog legal in CA.

When Ford, or any other manufacturer, wants to offer an aftermarket part that was not part of the original vehicles EPA certification, they apply for an EO (exemption). Typically, the EPA defers to CARB (California Air Resources Board), as Cal emissions are the most stringent.

Given that the modification doesn't dramatically increase emissions, such as adding a carb to a vehicle originally fuel injected, and the potential installed base is small, these exemptions are usually granted.

My guess is that CARB has way bigger fish to fry than approving the FRPP Whipple for the 2011 Coyote motor. They will get to it when they get to it. Hopefully sooner than later.

Michael,

If the CARB folks in Sacto are anything like their bureaucratic brethren at the Bay Area Air Quality District in S.F. who have the fireplace police out and about busting the huddled masses trying to stay warm around a cozy fire in their cold homes from November to March... well let's just say the wait could equal Al Gore's expected return of global cooling.

Archived