TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Camero Z28 Test Mule Evaluated Against GT500

clark17357

Found this on the Camero forum:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98470

"We bring you the newest photos of the Camaro Z28 test mule being tested and directly evaluated against a Mustang GT500!

GM is making no secret of the benchmark they are attempting to clear -- the 2010 Ford Mustang GT500. This should help put to rest some doubts as to whether this test mule is indeed the range topping Camaro Z28 model expected to be GM's answer to the Mustang GT500. [Full Photo Set HERE]

This latest sighting come on the heels of last week's spotting of the Camaro Z28 test mule: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96645"

Sure would be nice if Chevrolet brought out the Z again. While I have been a Mustang guy forever, that was one fine car.

Jim

The Camaro Forum is priceless. All these guys talking about how the Z28 is gonna dominate the GT500 and as always "the Camaro will win". Where have they been the past 5 years? Last I checked the SS doesn't hold a candle to the GT500 '07-'11. All this does is increase the likelihood of Ford once again improving on the already outstanding GT500. In other words, great to have the competition, but it's still no match. It just further confirms my loyalty to Ford. In high school I loved Chevy. I certainly have no love for them anymore. Terrible management and a very average product.

The Camaro Forum is priceless. All these guys talking about how the Z28 is gonna dominate the GT500 and as always "the Camaro will win". Where have they been the past 5 years? Last I checked the SS doesn't hold a candle to the GT500 '07-'11. All this does is increase the likelihood of Ford once again improving on the already outstanding GT500. In other words, great to have the competition, but it's still no match. It just further confirms my loyalty to Ford. In high school I loved Chevy. I certainly have no love for them anymore. Terrible management and a very average product.

I just WISH that when they do Tests to compare the Cars, they would actually use Professional Drivers. Magazine Reporters can't Drive worth a damn and you know they are going to make sure that their favorate Car will win, or who ever pays them more to make sure it comes out on top. I am sure that they could get a couple of Nascar Drivers willing to put these Cars through there paces as well as a couple Professional Drag Racers.

Marji has been waiting for the Z28 to come out. Says if she likes, she's gonna get. :banghead:

I can tell you this, it ain't going in my garage. She'll park it on the street.

Yeah, but YOU could use it for a Daily Driver... Just imagine all the Suburban/Silverado Owners just dying to park their "soccer" vehicles right next to a shiny new Camaro :redcard:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Yeah, but YOU could use it for a Daily Driver... Just imagine all the Suburban/Silverado Owners just dying to park their "soccer" vehicles right next to a shiny new Camaro :redcard:

Gregg

07SGT0547

You have a point there Gregg. Maybe I'll let her park it on the driveway.

Yeah, we had half a dozen journalists out in Terlingua for the Bullrun back in '08...might as well given those losers a mini van to drive. :hysterical:

Hmm, notice the Z28 is being tested against a 2010 GT500...good, that way it can come out as a 2012 already behind the power curve to the 2012 GT500....5 years late to the party and 50 HP short...

GM- what a bunch of dumbasses....if they were designing clothes, they would just be releasing parachute pants....and telling you how proud they are of their acheivement.

How hard would it have been to drop a ZR1 drivetrain in a Camaro 2 years ago? :headscratch: Oh wait, THAT would have actually made sense. What am I thinking? :jackinbox:

Whenever this discussion starts, I simply remind the Camaro camp that they ought to be thankful.....if it wasn't for the 2005 Mustang the new Camaro simply wouldn't exist. Oh by the way, how's the resale on those 2003, 04, 05, ect. Camaro's holding up????? There AIN'T NONE! hahahahahah! And you're NOT welcome for my tax dollars making it happen! So much for your Trans Am too!

Marji has been waiting for the Z28 to come out. Says if she likes, she's gonna get. :banghead:

I can tell you this, it ain't going in my garage. She'll park it on the street.

YOUR garage.........man, thats funny........ :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Actually from the pictures they are testing it against the 2011 GT500 SVTPP. I just cant wait till people try to take this to the track and get spanked.

I have yet to see anyone brave stupid enough to bring an SS Camaro out to Hallett. But it sure will be interesting when they do. Either I'll be there or my friend in his 427 Track Pack Roush will be there (or both) and if they can hang with us, then I'll buy the beers!

The Z28 won't be much better, Hallett is a momentum track; lots of turns, no long straights.

I was the first person in the US to install a customer KB 2.8 LC on a 2010 Camaro.....so they say.... since there were no tunes available anywhere and I had to spend $2500 for the software. I will say I was shocked at the cheapness of the vehicle. The front wheel hubs actually were for a front wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicle........GM just put plugs in the axle holes. The front lower control arms are about as thick as my GT500 front sway bar....but probably not as strong. The car is pieced together of left over GM parts to keep cost down.

I have to say though the KB supercharger upgrade kit was very well put together. I am sure most will want to know that it put down about 520 rwhp on a 90 degree day with 7-8lbs boost. There is more there but the owner is happy as is.

I seem to recall someone on here relating a very high percentage of breakage on modded Camaro's. Since I don't go to the track (none locally) I guess my only hope on the street is that they'll break trying to outrun me..... shift.gif

Archived