TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Plastic Rocker Panel Cover Removal

lawdude

Anyone have a DIY on how to remove/replace these things?

did it on my 07

you willneed a pin tool and tape it for the hidden pins

go to body supply for new push pins for the bottom ( ford charged me 56.00 for replacements

I did manage to reuse the hidden pins.

yes is is dirty under those rockers I used turtel ice before replacement

did it on my 07

you willneed a pin tool and tape it for the hidden pins

go to body supply for new push pins for the bottom ( ford charged me 56.00 for replacements

I did manage to reuse the hidden pins.

yes is is dirty under those rockers I used turtel ice before replacement

Thanks. Do you have any specifics or link to a diagram?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd ask if anyone has any further details or pics on the removal of these. I'd like to take mine off to have them painted. Thanks in advance for any help!

The removal/installation is very simple- I just did this job on my car about 2 months ago. Jack up the side of the car you are working on to have more room to crawl underneath. Using a clip removal tool (I got one at AutoZone for less than $10) pry out the push-pins that are located on the underside of the panel (I think there are 8, one of them being a bigger style, like a starter/guide pin). On the front of the panel inside the front wheel well, there are two more pins. These are a two-part pin that you have to pop out the inner barrel with a small screwdriver, then the whole pin pulls out- very simple actually. Once all pins are removed, start pulling the panel out away from the car (toward you, not down toward the ground). There are about 6 clips holding it in that you will feel popping out as you work the panel off the car. I don't think it matters if you start front to back, or back to front.

That's about it! Reinstallation is the reverse. You may be able to reuse some of the pins/clips, but it's not a bad idea to purchase new ones from a body shop or dealership.

This topic is old but I was wondering something. I got some carbon fiber rockers from trucarbon and on side the very last clip if I push the rocker in it clips in then clips out. For the clips on the inside of the rocker apparently they only come with new rockers. Ford does not sell these separately Is there anything I can do to get that last piece in or anyone who has extra clips I can pay for them.

The removal/installation is very simple- I just did this job on my car about 2 months ago. Jack up the side of the car you are working on to have more room to crawl underneath. Using a clip removal tool (I got one at AutoZone for less than $10) pry out the push-pins that are located on the underside of the panel (I think there are 8, one of them being a bigger style, like a starter/guide pin). On the front of the panel inside the front wheel well, there are two more pins. These are a two-part pin that you have to pop out the inner barrel with a small screwdriver, then the whole pin pulls out- very simple actually. Once all pins are removed, start pulling the panel out away from the car (toward you, not down toward the ground). There are about 6 clips holding it in that you will feel popping out as you work the panel off the car. I don't think it matters if you start front to back, or back to front.

That's about it! Reinstallation is the reverse. You may be able to reuse some of the pins/clips, but it's not a bad idea to purchase new ones from a body shop or dealership.

Thank you so much for the explanation. Sounds easy enough!

Archived