TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 2011 Carlisle All Ford National Invitational

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, this is awesome! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone but I don't think me or my car will be "rock stars" as we're both a little rough around the edges. I guess I'll need to wash and wax it before we go! Do you think anyone will notice if I sneak my KR out of the building for the burnout contest? (just kidding) Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for additional info.

Yes, Please wash and wax BEFORE the show. :hysterical:

Hey, I had another thought. I wonder if my 1968 twin will be in Carlisle next June. If My 08 KR is #871 how do I find out where the 1968 Shelby KR #871 is (if its still on the road)? Or didn't Shelby use the same numbering thing back in 68 and 69?

I don't know but I do know someone who probably does know. He is the "goto" guy on all things 1968 KR. I'll send you his info.

Hi Andy,

Do you know if a block of rooms have been set aside at any of the local hotels for Team Shelby for this event?

Mike

Ah, you beat me to it. I'm in the process now of doing that. There are smaller hotels near the show grounds but aren't very secure.

There is a Radisson about 15-20 mins away from the show that has SECURE parking and tons of it. They will set up trailer parking areas and car wash stations and is THE place for Carlisle car show groups. I have a meeting with the sales manager to hammer down a good rate this Friday. Once everything has been settled and nailed down I'll post the info.

It may be better to alternate t/o the hall so that the fans can see it both ways!

Were the dates in June set yet? I don't remember hearing the dates...

Yep, The cars NEED to be at the building by Thusday Afternoon June 2nd. The show runs from Friday morning June 3rd through Sunday afternoon June 5th. The care can be removed once the show closes about 3 pm on Sunday June 5th.

I have been so busy with the actual selection process and meeting with PR people that I overlooked some details.

If we get a group rate at the Radisson which is about 15 mins away than we will need alternate transportation to and from the show each day. Remember, once the cars are set up in the display they can't be moved until Sunday afternoon. So, those bringing a second car for the show or just one for general transportation will be fine. I strongly suggest bringing a second car or truck as Carlisle is a small town that triples in population with these shows so taxis will be non-existant. We should be fine as we can coordinate rides back and forth from the hotel each day.

I can't believe how big this is shaping up to be not only for the KRs but for Shelbys of all kinds.

Fia, I'll tentively put you in the "lift" spot for now. I think it will be a great touch as people will be able to see the suspension and exhaust up close.

I'm going to see if I can post the promo flyer and get it stickied up here.

This could NOT have been done without all your KRs and this will be the single best and largest collection of KRs that we will probably will see in our lifetime. There is a low double digit 2008 KR coming along with some really rare 1968s.

I'll post the info as I get it and will email everyone the form to fill out along with details for the show requirements soon.

Thanks!

Andy :shift:

Yes, Please wash and wax BEFORE the show. :hysterical:

I don't know but I do know someone who probably does know. He is the "goto" guy on all things 1968 KR. I'll send you his info.

Ah, you beat me to it. I'm in the process now of doing that. There are smaller hotels near the show grounds but aren't very secure.

There is a Radisson about 15-20 mins away from the show that has SECURE parking and tons of it. They will set up trailer parking areas and car wash stations and is THE place for Carlisle car show groups. I have a meeting with the sales manager to hammer down a good rate this Friday. Once everything has been settled and nailed down I'll post the info.

Yep, The cars NEED to be at the building by Thusday Afternoon June 2nd. The show runs from Friday morning June 3rd through Sunday afternoon June 5th. The care can be removed once the show closes about 3 pm on Sunday June 5th.

I have been so busy with the actual selection process and meeting with PR people that I overlooked some details.

If we get a group rate at the Radisson which is about 15 mins away than we will need alternate transportation to and from the show each day. Remember, once the cars are set up in the display they can't be moved until Sunday afternoon. So, those bringing a second car for the show or just one for general transportation will be fine. I strongly suggest bringing a second car or truck as Carlisle is a small town that triples in population with these shows so taxis will be non-existant. We should be fine as we can coordinate rides back and forth from the hotel each day.

I can't believe how big this is shaping up to be not only for the KRs but for Shelbys of all kinds.

Fia, I'll tentively put you in the "lift" spot for now. I think it will be a great touch as people will be able to see the suspension and exhaust up close.

I'm going to see if I can post the promo flyer and get it stickied up here.

This could NOT have been done without all your KRs and this will be the single best and largest collection of KRs that we will probably will see in our lifetime. There is a low double digit 2008 KR coming along with some really rare 1968s.

I'll post the info as I get it and will email everyone the form to fill out along with details for the show requirements soon.

Thanks!

Andy :shift:

Thanks Andy

Interested in hotel

My preference

Hood down

Center straight on.

thanks

Jim

Thanks but, you can have anyone up on the lift depending upon the layout. I just realized I may be 1 of only 3 blue KR's there. You may not want it up on the lift then.

I suggest one of the more popular colors having the lift spot.

Doesn't matter either way, it's your call. I'm just glad to be apart of the whole thing.

I need to apologize to you all for not posting this earlier. It was "THE day" for not only posting the final selections for the HOKs but also THE day before winter storage. So, my son and I spent the morning prepping and cleaning #895 for its 5 month sleep. It was a beautiful day and we drove up the road enjoying the weather one last time. I had a moment to reflect on what makes this car AWESOME and I concluded it is the intangibles: that feeling that you only get while in your KR or looking at it after it has been detailed. It's more than the hood or the exhaust or the wheels; It's the feeling of owning a true piece of automotive history. My son who is determined to walk on Mars someday noted that at Kennedy Space Center all of the Apollo astronauts drove Corvettes. In fact some are displayed at the visitor's center. He said how awesome it will be to park "his" KR there beside Al Sheppherd's and Neil Armstrong's 'vettes. It's the moments like that with your children that make owning these cars so special.

Sorry, I was getting a little bit off track there. Now on to the part that you all want to know! The first idea was 24 KRs- 12 1968's and 12 08/09s. After MUCH discussion, measuring and talking with other owners there is a small change in plans. Obviously there are fewer '68s left and out of those even a smaller number are true "show" quality. That being said though: the '68 examples we did get were simply incredible. And out of respect to those owners who kept their KRs original it was decided to lower the number of '68s in the display. We have chosen 7 simply incredible 1968 KRs that are true time machines. Each one has a volume of history behind it.

The 2008 and 2009 entrants were simply overwhelming! I am humbled by the time and energy that some have put into their cars to make them "that much better"...

Not all finalists were from Team Shelby as once this got out it spread like wildfire!! I'll post those selected here from Team Shelby and will contact the others individually.

TEAM SHELBY FINALISTS

Ctann-- Special Yellow paint code

Dennis429 Blue

CrzyHorse Black

durward1 Silver

ShelbyPT Silver

longebow Black

PaulW Silver

GT50040th Silver

eagledriver Silver

SGT0767 Silver

Beltr Red

RealOne Red

Mustangscotty Blue

Frknfast Black

BlackShelby Silver

Fiacobra Blue

I'll contact each finalist individually to go over some details and go over the process from here on out.

Each KR was selected based upon uniqueness, upgrades, condition and appeal. Some are true garage queens with less than a hundred miles; some are daily drivers. ALL are perfect for the display. This was a very hard thing for the team as they had at times 6 or 7 identical cars with the same upgrades done to each of them! Those not selected will be contacted by me personally to set up the back up list and also to create the outside display. Also, please keep passing the word on the display! I'll be accepting back ups until May 1 2011.

Congratulations to all the finalists!! Get ready for three ROCKING days in June!! See you there!!!

Remember this is also a GRAND SHELBY Reunion. So those with multiple Shelby vehicles are encouraged to bring them for the other classes. There is still an enormous amount of work to do to bring this together so please be patient with me in the coming months.

For those KR owners who have never been to Carlisle, get ready to be treated like a rock star! There was only 1 KR delivered new to Central PA and most people have never seen one let alone an entire building of them!

A little thread creep here.

First off congrats to all! Seriously going to be a great event!

My question is on mods of the KR. I seriously want to lower the car with an eibach coil over system. Has anyone done this? Are any of the cars representing the KR community at the show been modified at all?

Have a great time and post a lot of pics!!

Andy

2008 KR#82 is here !!! so excited to be part of this event......Can't wait to meet everyone..Congrats to all.

Susan, Welcome :happy feet: Glad you made it on board!

Susan is the proud owner of 08KR0082 in Black. It is a pristine example and one of 3 black '08s in the display.

A little thread creep here.

First off congrats to all! Seriously going to be a great event!

My question is on mods of the KR. I seriously want to lower the car with an eibach coil over system. Has anyone done this? Are any of the cars representing the KR community at the show been modified at all?

Have a great time and post a lot of pics!!

Quite a few applicants have done some sort of suspension mods. I'm sure someone can pipe up and answer your question.

Archived