TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 2011 Carlisle All Ford National Invitational

Update:

The 08/09 finalists selection will be complete by Friday 10/29. I'll post the finalists owners here Saturday AM.

The '68s have a bit more work to go through yet as there are far more options/examples to be considered. A few '68 owners have been selected at this point simply due to the extreme rarity and/or condition of their particular KR.

While the original number was 24 : 12 08/09 and 12 '68s I believe that number might be adjusted a bit simply to maximize the inside display.

In 2011 the All Ford National is going to be an incredible display of KRs and Shelbys of all types and years like the Ford world has never seen. I can't tell you how excited I am!

Once the finalists have been choosen a "back up" list fot the inside display will be made for the 08/09s according to color/options.

Just one more week of waiting and then it's time to start planning your vacation for Carlisle,PA next June!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to apologize to you all for not posting this earlier. It was "THE day" for not only posting the final selections for the HOKs but also THE day before winter storage. So, my son and I spent the morning prepping and cleaning #895 for its 5 month sleep. It was a beautiful day and we drove up the road enjoying the weather one last time. I had a moment to reflect on what makes this car AWESOME and I concluded it is the intangibles: that feeling that you only get while in your KR or looking at it after it has been detailed. It's more than the hood or the exhaust or the wheels; It's the feeling of owning a true piece of automotive history. My son who is determined to walk on Mars someday noted that at Kennedy Space Center all of the Apollo astronauts drove Corvettes. In fact some are displayed at the visitor's center. He said how awesome it will be to park "his" KR there beside Al Sheppherd's and Neil Armstrong's 'vettes. It's the moments like that with your children that make owning these cars so special.

Sorry, I was getting a little bit off track there. Now on to the part that you all want to know! The first idea was 24 KRs- 12 1968's and 12 08/09s. After MUCH discussion, measuring and talking with other owners there is a small change in plans. Obviously there are fewer '68s left and out of those even a smaller number are true "show" quality. That being said though: the '68 examples we did get were simply incredible. And out of respect to those owners who kept their KRs original it was decided to lower the number of '68s in the display. We have chosen 7 simply incredible 1968 KRs that are true time machines. Each one has a volume of history behind it.

The 2008 and 2009 entrants were simply overwhelming! I am humbled by the time and energy that some have put into their cars to make them "that much better"...

Not all finalists were from Team Shelby as once this got out it spread like wildfire!! I'll post those selected here from Team Shelby and will contact the others individually.

TEAM SHELBY FINALISTS

Ctann-- Special Yellow paint code

Dennis429 Blue

CrzyHorse Black

durward1 Silver

ShelbyPT Silver

longebow Black

PaulW Silver

GT50040th Silver

eagledriver Silver

SGT0767 Silver

Beltr Red

RealOne Red

Mustangscotty Blue

Frknfast Black

BlackShelby Silver

Fiacobra Blue

I'll contact each finalist individually to go over some details and go over the process from here on out.

Each KR was selected based upon uniqueness, upgrades, condition and appeal. Some are true garage queens with less than a hundred miles; some are daily drivers. ALL are perfect for the display. This was a very hard thing for the team as they had at times 6 or 7 identical cars with the same upgrades done to each of them! Those not selected will be contacted by me personally to set up the back up list and also to create the outside display. Also, please keep passing the word on the display! I'll be accepting back ups until May 1 2011.

Congratulations to all the finalists!! Get ready for three ROCKING days in June!! See you there!!!

Remember this is also a GRAND SHELBY Reunion. So those with multiple Shelby vehicles are encouraged to bring them for the other classes. There is still an enormous amount of work to do to bring this together so please be patient with me in the coming months.

For those KR owners who have never been to Carlisle, get ready to be treated like a rock star! There was only 1 KR delivered new to Central PA and most people have never seen one let alone an entire building of them!

I'm really looking forward to being at this show. It is a show, with a lot of emphasis on our cars, Shelby's, and Mustangs... I look forward to meeting a lot of the guys from Team Shelby as well. Andy, I think you have done a lot for the KR owners here by assisting in the organization of this show. Good Job!! happy%20feet.gif

Hi Andy,

We are so honored and excited to have been chosen to participate in this event. We have meet some of the owners and are looking forward to meeting everyone else in June.

We have also been preparing the cars for their long winter hibernation. Now, the winter down time will really seem long. :D

Thank you very much for all of the hard work you have put in putting this together.

Mike & Donna

For those KR owners who have never been to Carlisle, get ready to be treated like a rock star! There was only 1 KR delivered new to Central PA and most people have never seen one let alone an entire building of them!

if u mean if there only one KR delievered new to the whole state of PA, i disagree with that......................if u mean just the section of Central PA then ok

if u mean if there only one KR delievered new to the whole state of PA, i disagree with that......................if u mean just the section of Central PA then ok

He did state "central PA"

I think Texas got the more KR's than the other states.

Eagledriver THANKS SO MUCH for the acceptance!! Myself and wife have never been to the Carlisle show. Many of my friends have said it is fantastic. So very much looking forward to it. I see it is the only Black 09 on the list. Is it the only Canadian spec'd car as well?

Congrats to all the others and I hope as many TS members make it down with or without their rides to meet and greet.

I'm definitely planning on being there. I may bring our SGT too!

Any guys from the tri State area let me know if anyone is willing to split the cost of an enclosed transport to get some KRs and other Shelbys there for the weekend.

We can start to plan now!!!

I would be interested in attending with my Shelby GT 500 40th convertible.

I live in LI NY.

Thanks,

Todd

We are definitely bringing the SGT and, if my in-laws decide to come, we would bring the GT-500 as well. We are coming from NH and would end up hitting most of the NE states on the way down.

Any interest in setting up some way points where people could meet and form a convoy for the ride down?

Mike

I cannot wait until June!!! This will be our first event there I am sure it will be an awesome one, actually it will be our first event ever having our own car involved and what a spectacular one to start with...

Thanks Andy for all your effort you have put into this project!!!

Tim

Sorry, I should have been clearer. After a TON of research and calls I found that 19 2008 and 12 2009 KRs were delivered to Ford dealers in PA. All but one of these (#895) went to the Philadelphia(far eastern),Pittsburgh(far western) and Northern parts of the state. There are quite a bit of owners in the Central PA area but the vehicles were bought out of the area. So, 31 in total were delivered to the state with the majority going to Philadelphia and the rest to Pittsburgh and the Northern tier of the state.

Eagledriver THANKS SO MUCH for the acceptance!! Myself and wife have never been to the Carlisle show. Many of my friends have said it is fantastic. So very much looking forward to it. I see it is the only Black 09 on the list. Is it the only Canadian spec'd car as well?

Congrats to all the others and I hope as many TS members make it down with or without their rides to meet and greet.

There is one other 2009 Black KR that was selected but the owner is not a member of Team Shelby (yet). Yes, yours is the only example of a Canadian spec'd KR that will be in the display!

I'll be contacting everyone personally to go over the details and requirements. It will take a bit to do this so please be patient. In the mean time if you want to contact each other for convoys and/or transporting please feel free to do so. Also, I am only the contact for the KR Invitational so if anyone has any questions pertaining to that please let me know. The Shelby reunion at the show will be large (understatement) and will fall under rhe normal guidelines of the Carlisle Events Ford Nationals. If you do have any questions about the Shelby reunion please let me know and I'll be glad to get an answer for you. I do know that classes are being expanded but don't have specifics just yet. I think there will be a record number of SGTs there based on interest at this point.

For those of you who have been to Carlisle: We will be in Building "G" at gate 1 which is the main enterance to the show. All other Shelbys will be placed in the large open area directly ouside the building. The very first thing spectators will see will be the Shelbys. There are early estimates of over 3,000 Ford vehicles attending this year's show!

I was given an early draft of the promo flyer... I'll post it up shortly. Please print it out and pass it around to other owners that you meet at shows or have no internet (yes, as strange as that sounds I have met a number of them!). I think you'll reconize some of the photos on the flyer.

Some things to think about until I can get with you on the details:

1- Hood up or down? There will need to be at least 5 cars hood down to show off our masterpiece.

2- Placement of car in building? Right side,left side, head on, etc...

3- There is one lift in the display to show off any undercarriage/suspension mods. It can be lifted to any height so if you would like to show under as well as above please let me know.

Eagle Driver: Thanks for the hard work you have put into this. I am excited that you selected my car. I'm sure it was a difficult selection process as I'm sure all cars submitted were awesome.

I'm also excited that my neighbor PaulW's KRs was selected!.

Now we need to start planning the shipment convoy!!!! :happy feet:

Oh man, this is awesome! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone but I don't think me or my car will be "rock stars" as we're both a little rough around the edges. I guess I'll need to wash and wax it before we go! Do you think anyone will notice if I sneak my KR out of the building for the burnout contest? (just kidding) Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for additional info.

Hey, I had another thought. I wonder if my 1968 twin will be in Carlisle next June. If My 08 KR is #871 how do I find out where the 1968 Shelby KR #871 is (if its still on the road)? Or didn't Shelby use the same numbering thing back in 68 and 69?

Archived