TEAM SHELBY FORUM

American Racing headwer with hi-flow cats

2010 Grabber Blue Shelby

Guys,

I have the AR headers with hi-flow cats on my 2010 and thru the stock mufflers the sound is too raspy and loud for me. I like the stock throaty sound and wonder if anyone has the headers and cats on their car, what mufflers are you using to get back to more of a factory note. Mine sounds like glass packs with the stock mufflers.

I wound up modifiying a Bassani 3" system with Bassani high flow catted adapters, their x, some welded in and shortened SLP resonators just after the X, and their race axle backs. I love the sound and I'm not changing anything.

Only decent vid so far.

+1

that's what I'm running but on the Kooks system

Don't go with K/R's they sound terrible with L/T's

no plans to go KR's. I did however contact them (Corsa) yesterday about new ones for the 11'. Got a call from Jim, he asked if they could use my car for a test mule to R&D for the 11's. Wish i could. No time to make it to Cleveland.... :banghead: Would have gotten a free set. So if anyone with an 11 wants Corsa, contact them. They need a car.

Guys,

I have the AR headers with hi-flow cats on my 2010 and thru the stock mufflers the sound is too raspy and loud for me. I like the stock throaty sound and wonder if anyone has the headers and cats on their car, what mufflers are you using to get back to more of a factory note. Mine sounds like glass packs with the stock mufflers.

I have the AR headers and high flows also. As mentioned above, do not put on KR's ....way too loud.

I listened to quite a few cars with headers and went with the SVT1's. Deep sound....not too loud except under WOT....and no drone.

I have the AR headers and high flows also. As mentioned above, do not put on KR's ....way too loud.

I listened to quite a few cars with headers and went with the SVT1's. Deep sound....not too loud except under WOT....and no drone.

Do you have any Videos of the ARH headers and SVT1s?

How about raspiness with the SVT-1s? Do you have any?

Guys,

Had this set-up on a pair of KR axle-backs and found it to be way too loud. I have since reduced my mid-pipes and axle-back from 3" to 2.5" (just after the high-flow AR cats) with a Magnaflow cat-back system. I love the sound; no drone period and WOT sounds oh so awesome, without being crazy loud.

BORG

Guys,

I had FRPP SGT5's with my ARM (Cats) and they were WAY TOO LOUD and RASPY. I threw a set of Borla Touring/FRPP SVT1's and absolutely LOVE THEM! They sound mellow and deep until I hit 3,500 rpms. At 3,500 they are loud but not raspy at all.

Shitty vid but you'll get the point.

I had FRPP SGT5's with my ARM (Cats) and they were WAY TOO LOUD and RASPY. I threw a set of Borla Touring/FRPP SVT1's and absolutely LOVE THEM! They sound mellow and deep until I hit 3,500 rpms. At 3,500 they are loud but not raspy at all.

Shitty vid but you'll get the point.

Thanks for the info. American Racing is the same as the FRPP from what I understand, so maybe I'll go the Borla Route too.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. American Racing is the same as the FRPP from what I understand, so maybe I'll go the Borla Route too.

Please read this thread with sound clips before making a decision....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58810-alex-vapor08gt500-exhaust-sound-clips/

Alex

Please read this thread with sound clips before making a decision....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58810-alex-vapor08gt500-exhaust-sound-clips/

Alex

Sounds good. How do you make your mufflers (i.e. do you own a shop or just modding another muffler)?

Had this set-up on a pair of KR axle-backs and found it to be way too loud. I have since reduced my mid-pipes and axle-back from 3" to 2.5" (just after the high-flow AR cats) with a Magnaflow cat-back system. I love the sound; no drone period and WOT sounds oh so awesome, without being crazy loud.

BORG

This is absolutely the correct answer in my opinion. I have the same setup except my setup doesn't have the catted x-pipe, but it sounds awesome!

Magnaflow 2.5" system with their 9x14 polished mufflers with 4 inch tips.

Josh

Sounds good. How do you make your mufflers (i.e. do you own a shop or just modding another muffler)?

Yes, I own a Mustang Shop. These mufflers are made by MAC for me with a different baffle design and an extra baffle too. They are only available through me. They are 2.5" inlet, fully polished 409 stainless steel, tig welded, and polished 4" rolled tips. I sell them for $599 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Alex

I have ARH longtubes with catted h pipe and bassani axle back . Sound is perfect while cruising but makes raspy sound when shifting. I am debating on switching to magnaflow, just dont know if I should go with magnapack mufflers or the standard muffler

Had a little raspiness with my Bassani set-up too. I welded in these 3" SLP resonators just after the x-pipe. They worked great and alot cheaper than new mufflers. I had to shorten them a bit to fit with the Bassani X, but you might be OK with the ARH H-pipe.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-31066/

If you have the stock 2.5", you can try these.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-31062/

Yes, I own a Mustang Shop. These mufflers are made by MAC for me with a different baffle design and an extra baffle too. They are only available through me. They are 2.5" inlet, fully polished 409 stainless steel, tig welded, and polished 4" rolled tips. I sell them for $599 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Alex

Thanks for the info. Do you have pics of the mufflers (especially the tips) and is this price per pair or piece? Thanks, Jim

Your welcome Jim.

At the bottom of my signature is a link to the build of my entire 10 GT500 with pictures of everything being installed. The mufflers on mine were the prototypes, so they were not polished, all production mufflers are fully polished and are sold for $599 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Alex

• 2 months later...

I have corsa a backs with a custom h w/ magnaflow cats. The h made the setup deeper but the high flow cats made it louder and raspy. I was told to add dynamax race bullets and weld them in to act as a resonator and clean up the sound. if the corsas still don't sound right after having these welded in then I will try magnaflows or the custom mms muffler

Here is are two videos of corsa sport axle backs and the custom h with high flow magnaflow cats

th_c0358700.jpg

th_5e09b468.jpg

Archived