TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sights & Sounds 2011 Shelby GT500

Awesome shots and sounds of a Grabber Blue w/ white stripes SVTPP 2011 GT500 by Motor Trend

thanks for posting--is theSVTPP exhaust the same as the GT500--sounds really good--and are they different than the 2010 model

thanks for posting--is theSVTPP exhaust the same as the GT500--sounds really good--and are they different than the 2010 model

Hey Torched, I don't have my car yet :banghead:, but from what I've read, researched the 2011 SVTPP exhaust and 2011 Non SVTPP exhaust is the same. However it IS different then the 2010 GT500 stock exhaust. For 2011 Ford went back to the "H" pipe, 2010 used the "X" pipe. To me the tone is quite different H to X, H being a deeper rumble, X being a higher pitch. Also 2011 has a larger pipe diameter 2.5 in 2010 and 2.75 in 2011 along with larger exhaust tips. Sorry the information isn't laid out in a better fashion maybe later I can add a listing for each year reather then my endling rambling. :hysterical:

Now the alarm chirps on the '11??? And is the supercharger whine that more noticable like in the beginning of the video???..............Or doI not just hear min from being inside? Nice video....................It really makes you wonder why Ford doesnt produce a commercial with this beauty.

Ahhh, Mulholland drive above Malibu...my favorite Sunday drive. There's nothing like the sound of the exhaust note bouncing off the canyon walls early in the morning.

Mulholland Dr is behind and in the foreground...

post-4213-128060527521_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing the link!

post-4213-128060527521_thumb.jpg

Both the Svtpp and non have the same exhausts. He was right about the H-pipe and 2.75in pipe diameter being different from the 2010s but the tips are the same for 10 and 11. Both are 4" diameter.

The supercharger just sounded louder, Sharpie. There were no changes to the setup. It's still pretty quiet inside. However the exhaust is heard better inside now in my opinion. But I don't think you have any problems in that regard with your mod.

Hey Torched, I don't have my car yet :banghead:, but from what I've read, researched the 2011 SVTPP exhaust and 2011 Non SVTPP exhaust is the same. However it IS different then the 2010 GT500 stock exhaust. For 2011 Ford went back to the "H" pipe, 2010 used the "X" pipe. To me the tone is quite different H to X, H being a deeper rumble, X being a higher pitch. Also 2011 has a larger pipe diameter 2.5 in 2010 and 2.75 in 2011 along with larger exhaust tips. Sorry the information isn't laid out in a better fashion maybe later I can add a listing for each year reather then my endling rambling. :hysterical:

thanks--no ore work required for me--thats very helpful---guess going to the larger exhaust would provide a few extra HP wouldnt it??do you have vin yet--when did your order--what color combo

Great sounds but i don't think you hear the supercharger like you do in a KR . That's a big improvement on the GT500. I had a 07 and the 1st thing i did was put on new mufflers, now you don't have to . Great job SVT.

thanks--no ore work required for me--thats very helpful---guess going to the larger exhaust would provide a few extra HP wouldnt it??do you have vin yet--when did your order--what color combo

Glad you could follow along, I had all the info in my head but coudn't quite figure out how to get it all out. Yes I do believe the larger exhaust along with the spray on liner being more efficent and maybe the electric power steering not drawing on the motor helped the 2011 add in 10 HP.

As for "MY" Shelby I haven't ordered yet, I mentioned in another thread the couple dealers here in Northern VA I've spoken with mentioned a dealer mark up of 5K so I didn't venture much further on the visits. I'm hoping as we move into late Aug and Sept the dealers will come to their sense and we can talk Out The Door price cuz that's all I'm interested in. I'd like the electronics package, don't need floor mats will get a aftermarket pair I like with color stiching I want, don't need the car cover either. Also no SVTPP for me, the stripes are growing on me but prefer the 5 star split spoke rims of 2010 and NonSVTPP 2011's they are some of the BEST looking stock rims I think a car has had let alone Mustang. I've always had red cars but this time around I'm thinking I might go black....I still have time to torture myself in my head until I put in my order.

How many mile you have on your Red and silver striped beauty?

Since it seems you all enjoyed the first video here's another I thought had some great audio and good things to say about the 2011 GT500. Matt Farah of the Smoking Tire recently completed the Bull Run Rally from NY to Las Vegas driving the 2011 GT500 Convertible SVTPP feature in this video. Also check out the Camaro based "Fire Breather" made for the movie "JIN".

Enjoy

Glad you could follow along, I had all the info in my head but coudn't quite figure out how to get it all out. Yes I do believe the larger exhaust along with the spray on liner being more efficent and maybe the electric power steering not drawing on the motor helped the 2011 add in 10 HP.

As for "MY" Shelby I haven't ordered yet, I mentioned in another thread the couple dealers here in Northern VA I've spoken with mentioned a dealer mark up of 5K so I didn't venture much further on the visits. I'm hoping as we move into late Aug and Sept the dealers will come to their sense and we can talk Out The Door price cuz that's all I'm interested in. I'd like the electronics package, don't need floor mats will get a aftermarket pair I like with color stiching I want, don't need the car cover either. Also no SVTPP for me, the stripes are growing on me but prefer the 5 star split spoke rims of 2010 and NonSVTPP 2011's they are some of the BEST looking stock rims I think a car has had let alone Mustang. I've always had red cars but this time around I'm thinking I might go black....I still have time to torture myself in my head until I put in my order.

How many mile you have on your Red and silver striped beauty?

i have 3,000--i drive it whenever its dry out,so maybe 5 out of 7 days.I cleared the rear end when its was new to avoid the rust isseus the 10s have,and dont want bottom to get wet--i have other cars to drive.On your new car, Michael Morris , just south of me in Atlanta, wont sell above sticker, and will get the car to you in Va.Hes really knowlegeable on Shelbys and has sold lots.You might PM him and see what kind of deal he'll give you

i have 3,000--i drive it whenever its dry out,so maybe 5 out of 7 days.I cleared the rear end when its was new to avoid the rust isseus the 10s have,and dont want bottom to get wet--i have other cars to drive.On your new car, Michael Morris , just south of me in Atlanta, wont sell above sticker, and will get the car to you in Va.Hes really knowlegeable on Shelbys and has sold lots.You might PM him and see what kind of deal he'll give you

Hmm you sound like how I drive my current Cobra since it's convertible like yours, no use in driving it in the rain since you can't put the top down. I drive mine mostly on the weekends and only put the top up when I go into a resturant to eat with friends.

Sounds like you're trying to keep the car original putting clear on the rear axl, I'm sure years from now at a show judges and others in the know will appreicate it's patina.

I appreicate the tip about Michael Morris, I'll give him a buzz in the next few weeks to see how the deal would work out, even with shipping to car from Atlanta it might be cheaper to buy from him. Plus it would be nice to support a member of the forum. Thanks again.

Anyone know how to get the alarm to chirp? Out of the box it doesn't do that on the '11's, at least on mine.

I think that was a sound effect that was added to the audio track. That chirp sounds like it came from an aftermarket alarm system. As far as I know, the car will sound it's horn whenever you push the lock button on the remote twice, at least that's what my 07' Shelby's do as well as my 03' Marauder. One push...parking lights flash. Two pushes...the horn sounds.

Either the car in the video has an aftermarket alarm added to it, or like I said, they added the sound to the video.

Anyone know how to get the alarm to chirp? Out of the box it doesn't do that on the '11's, at least on mine.

I saw someone asked about the alarm chirp along with you but forgot to address it. I agree with Son of a GT, the chirp was added in for the video effect, I've also only ever heard factory Ford alarms honk the horn on the second press of the arm button. A chirp would require installation of a speaker/siren I would think like aftermarket alarms usually have.

What I like about the newer Ford alarms is the parking lights and tail lights come on to give a bit more visiblity when entering the car. Since I don't have my Shelby yet, does anyone know if you can change the settings so the headlights or foglights turn on when you disengage the alarm? :headscratch:

I saw someone asked about the alarm chirp along with you but forgot to address it. I agree with Son of a GT, the chirp was added in for the video effect, I've also only ever heard factory Ford alarms honk the horn on the second press of the arm button. A chirp would require installation of a speaker/siren I would think like aftermarket alarms usually have.

What I like about the newer Ford alarms is the parking lights and tail lights come on to give a bit more visiblity when entering the car. Since I don't have my Shelby yet, does anyone know if you can change the settings so the headlights or foglights turn on when you disengage the alarm? :headscratch:

I previously checked into this question for TS member "UAE shelby", the fellow who has a 2010 500 in the United Arab Emirates, and the online 2010 owners manual that I read from stated that you can't/don't have exterior illuminated entry like the 2007-2009 cars do. At the time I posted the answer, a 2011 owner also stated that his 011' does not have exterior illuminated entry either.

I previously checked into this question for TS member "UAE shelby", the fellow who has a 2010 500 in the United Arab Emirates, and the online 2010 owners manual that I read from stated that you can't/don't have exterior illuminated entry like the 2007-2009 cars do. At the time I posted the answer, a 2011 owner also stated that his 011' does not have exterior illuminated entry either.

Enis,

I just checked my 2010 GT500 coupe. When you set the alarm (1st push on the key button) you get a flash from the front and rear parking lamps and the locks drop. 2nd push on the button gets a response from the horn. There is a slight variation of this when the hood is up. When you go to open the locked and armed door, the 1st push on the key button pops the locks and illuminates the fogs and rear lamps for approximately 30 seconds, at which time they extinguish.

Ennis,

I just checked my 2010 GT500 coupe. When you set the alarm (1st push on the key button) you get a flash from the front and rear parking lamps and the locks drop. 2nd push on the button gets a response from the horn. There is a slight variation of this when the hood is up. When you go to open the locked and armed door, the 1st push on the key button pops the locks and illuminates the fogs and rear lamps for approximately 30 seconds, at which time they extinguish.

Yes, absolutely agree, but gotvenom was asking if the headlamps or foglamps could be programmed to illuminate like you can with the 07-09 cars. I don't know why Ford eleminated the headlamp illumination on the 10's and the 11's, but maybe they figured that illuminating the parking lamps for 30 secs was enough.

Archived