TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Holy Mother Of God

Today seemed like just another average day just like any other day, running errands. Towed a friends Jeep to his mechanic with the car trailer. Called on some parts on a car I am restoring and went to the Doctor for a cortisone shot for my shoulder. (had cortisone in my foot last month, I am falling apart) Mitch and I had lunch. Kind of had to rush out because I had a car to drop off at the vinyl top shop and a guy was coming in the afternoon to look at a truck I have for sale. When I arrived home nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to experience. When I walked in the door I was disarming the alarm SYSTEM and and I was thinking "man, it smells like shit in here" (Susan is anal about keeping a clean house and burns candles etc..so this was not normal) About 20 seconds after my arrival I had taken a few more breaths and it hit me. (I smoke but my sniffer still works pretty well) The dog ripped a good one! And then I realized he had never ripped one that bad. That was shit. And the dog had been in the house all morning. I immediately began a search of the house. It is a split plan and I searched the master bedroom and found the cats cowering in the corner. (I didn't know why at the time but later realized that that corner was the farthest they could get from the other end of the house) I began systematically searching each room working my way past the master bath, office, dining room and kitchen into the living room. There I discovered a couple small piles of shit in front of the couch and a few small drops of liquid (which I immediately determined to be bio hazardous in nature because the roof doesn't leak) Then a few more drops. And then a few more. It was apparent the dog had been pacing. As I am analyzing the situation I was thinking there was no way this could be the source. The smell was just too damn strong. By now I am strategically turning on every light and carefully walking like I was in a mine field attempting to make my way to the front door and a few windows so I could start some ventilation. As I clear the couch I see a couple more small piles behind it and a few more drops of well whatever! Being some what of an intelligent individual (OK, some times) I knew this was still not a large enough volume of bio waste to create that much smell. It was really bad. I now knew how Law Enforcement Officers felt clearing a house looking for and burglar. Slow and very carefully. I past the hall bath, nothing there so I made my way to one of the bedrooms. Just a couple spots. ( Picture me turning each light on and crouching so that I could look at various angles as to not step in as much as a single drop ) Because this is a time consuming event, by now I am into this search about 10-12 minutes or more and other than being careful all I could think about was, aren't your senses supposed to get used to a smell after a while? I couldn't be so Lucky, not the case here. It was horrible. I"m tough and have a really strong stomach but this was taking it to my limits. I cleared that bed room and carefully navigated the hall way and then entered the final bed room and bath and there it was. All I could think of was "Holy Mother Of God" The picture speaks for it's self.

I began the lengthily process of cleaning. In phases, Phase #1papper towels and a bucket. Phase #2 spic and spam and a new bucket. Started with the small stuff first and worked my way up. Phase #3 Anti bacterial wipes (Susan got to assist me here as she had luckily arrived post phase #2) . Hands and knees, the entire f----ing house. 2100 square feet. Did you know one 6 inch by 6 inch anti bacterial wipe will effectively clear a entire square yard before evaporating. ( that includes both sides) And that each container has about 50 to 100 in them depending on weather on not you have the jumbo size.( which we did have ) So- you could do and entire f---ing house with about 3 of them. Needless to say I didn't get the parts ordered, truck sold and car to the vinyl top place.

I will leave you now as I am exhausted by reliving this again tonight as I wrote this. All I can say is " thank god for wood floors." And if you think you had a shitty day- " TRUST ME, YOU DIDN'T"

post-3388-128051193553_thumb.jpg

post-3388-128051193553_thumb.jpg

you think you had it bad? HA! Let's take another look at this from the dog's perspective..........

20 minutes before you arrive back home........................

dog pacing to each exterior door.................where is he, I need to go out....................where can he be and why did he feed me that gawdawful sh$t he calls dog food this morning.

is that him? no, just a frickin squirrel at the window....oh hell this hurts!

come on dude, where are you....it ain't like you left me a way out of here!

pace, pace, pace....oh no, there goes a drop.....where is he! I lick his hands, lay at this feet, let him pet me, bark at strangers and all I want to do is go outside, but NO, he can't be found!

oh lord this hurts.....maybe he's still in bed....nope, damn it's getting harder and harder to walk, oops, there goes another drop or two.......where can this guy be?

oh sh$t ....cats are laughing their little azzes off.....I am out of here......next room ....he's not here either....wth, I need to take a crap!

oops, another one squeezed by....this hurts like hell.....come on dude........where are you!!!!!

my poor doggy stomache hurts so bad.....where is that number to the shelter and the humane society?

maybe he is in here? Nope.....that's it.......BLOWOUT!!!!

NOW WHO REALLY HAD THE BAD DAY? :hysterical:

Two things......

First, while Reading this, I kept thinking.....Wheres the Dog....... :dog: .....The whole time You are going through the House talking about this Dog but no mention of actually seeing the Dog while searching for the cause of the Smell.............. :headscratch:

Second......I can't believe you actually took a picture of it........................... :hysterical2:

Its just as much fun on carpet. Obviously you dont have kids. Wait till you have to clean up after this happens to a human... :hysterical:

I do feel for you, but Craig is right, I feel for the dog more.

Today seemed like just another average day just like any other day, running errands. Towed a friends Jeep to his mechanic with the car trailer. Called on some parts on a car I am restoring and went to the Doctor for a cortisone shot for my shoulder. (had cortisone in my foot last month, I am falling apart) Mitch and I had lunch. Kind of had to rush out because I had a car to drop off at the vinyl top shop and a guy was coming in the afternoon to look at a truck I have for sale. When I arrived home nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to experience. When I walked in the door I was disarming the alarm SYSTEM and and I was thinking "man, it smells like shit in here" (Susan is anal about keeping a clean house and burns candles etc..so this was not normal) About 20 seconds after my arrival I had taken a few more breaths and it hit me. (I smoke but my sniffer still works pretty well) The dog ripped a good one! And then I realized he had never ripped one that bad. That was shit. And the dog had been in the house all morning. I immediately began a search of the house. It is a split plan and I searched the master bedroom and found the cats cowering in the corner. (I didn't know why at the time but later realized that that corner was the farthest they could get from the other end of the house) I began systematically searching each room working my way past the master bath, office, dining room and kitchen into the living room. There I discovered a couple small piles of shit in front of the couch and a few small drops of liquid (which I immediately determined to be bio hazardous in nature because the roof doesn't leak) Then a few more drops. And then a few more. It was apparent the dog had been pacing. As I am analyzing the situation I was thinking there was no way this could be the source. The smell was just too damn strong. By now I am strategically turning on every light and carefully walking like I was in a mine field attempting to make my way to the front door and a few windows so I could start some ventilation. As I clear the couch I see a couple more small piles behind it and a few more drops of well whatever! Being some what of an intelligent individual (OK, some times) I knew this was still not a large enough volume of bio waste to create that much smell. It was really bad. I now knew how Law Enforcement Officers felt clearing a house looking for and burglar. Slow and very carefully. I past the hall bath, nothing there so I made my way to one of the bedrooms. Just a couple spots. ( Picture me turning each light on and crouching so that I could look at various angles as to not step in as much as a single drop ) Because this is a time consuming event, by now I am into this search about 10-12 minutes or more and other than being careful all I could think about was, aren't your senses supposed to get used to a smell after a while? I couldn't be so Lucky, not the case here. It was horrible. I"m tough and have a really strong stomach but this was taking it to my limits. I cleared that bed room and carefully navigated the hall way and then entered the final bed room and bath and there it was. All I could think of was "Holy Mother Of God" The picture speaks for it's self.

I began the lengthily process of cleaning. In phases, Phase #1papper towels and a bucket. Phase #2 spic and spam and a new bucket. Started with the small stuff first and worked my way up. Phase #3 Anti bacterial wipes (Susan got to assist me here as she had luckily arrived post phase #2) . Hands and knees, the entire f----ing house. 2100 square feet. Did you know one 6 inch by 6 inch anti bacterial wipe will effectively clear a entire square yard before evaporating. ( that includes both sides) And that each container has about 50 to 100 in them depending on weather on not you have the jumbo size.( which we did have ) So- you could do and entire f---ing house with about 3 of them. Needless to say I didn't get the parts ordered, truck sold and car to the vinyl top place.

I will leave you now as I am exhausted by reliving this again tonight as I wrote this. All I can say is " thank god for wood floors." And if you think you had a shitty day- " TRUST ME, YOU DIDN'T"

Could have been worse !! You could have walked in and found me rolling in it. :hysterical: In France people pay good money for a mud bath.

Its just as much fun on carpet. Obviously you dont have kids. Wait till you have to clean up after this happens to a human... :hysterical:

I do feel for you, but Craig is right, I feel for the dog more.

I was shock when my daughter pooped on the floor but she did warn us. She is good with that. But the best when, I told my sister she flipped and she has a liitle one also. She said that would never happen in her house !!! She was wrong :hysterical: My puppy started peeing from the living room thru the kitchen thru the dining room and ended up where he started. My wife yelled at me for not stopping him. I said you told me he wasn't my dog and mine wasn't pissing everywhere. :hysterical:

you think you had it bad? HA! Let's take another look at this from the dog's perspective..........

20 minutes before you arrive back home........................

dog pacing to each exterior door.................where is he, I need to go out....................where can he be and why did he feed me that gawdawful sh$t he calls dog food this morning.

is that him? no, just a frickin squirrel at the window....oh hell this hurts!

come on dude, where are you....it ain't like you left me a way out of here!

pace, pace, pace....oh no, there goes a drop.....where is he! I lick his hands, lay at this feet, let him pet me, bark at strangers and all I want to do is go outside, but NO, he can't be found!

oh lord this hurts.....maybe he's still in bed....nope, damn it's getting harder and harder to walk, oops, there goes another drop or two.......where can this guy be?

oh sh$t ....cats are laughing their little azzes off.....I am out of here......next room ....he's not here either....wth, I need to take a crap!

oops, another one squeezed by....this hurts like hell.....come on dude........where are you!!!!!

my poor doggy stomache hurts so bad.....where is that number to the shelter and the humane society?

maybe he is in here? Nope.....that's it.......BLOWOUT!!!!

NOW WHO REALLY HAD THE BAD DAY? :hysterical:

Damn! That's Funny!

I feel for ya.

Had something similar happen with our dogs a few years back.

Only it was 2 dogs that messed over the entire main floor.

We had ribs for dinner the night before and they decided to knock over the garbage can while we were at work and the kids were at school, which they had never done in 6 years prior, and eat the bones.

In case you did not know, as I did not at the time, pork rib bones are soft and splinter as they break. So we also had some blood mixed in with the mess and had to have both dogs x-rayed to make sure there was no blockages. Luckily there were not, as then they would have needed surgery.

Man you are a true story teller. That was fantastic. I honestly lol in real life reading your post. Good times..at least on my end..definitely not on your dog's end jackinbox.gif

Two things......

First, while Reading this, I kept thinking.....Wheres the Dog....... dog.gif .....The whole time You are going through the House talking about this Dog but no mention of actually seeing the Dog while searching for the cause of the Smell.............. headscratch.gif

Second......I can't believe you actually took a picture of it........................... hysterical2.gif

The first thing I did was put the dog out side. And sorry about the picture but you had to see it to appreciate it. Susan fed him some wet food as a treat. That won't happen again.

What kind of dog doy you have? do you feed him table scraps?

He is part Shepard and lab. Prior to this event he weighed about 58lbs. He is probably around 52lbs now.

We never feed him table scraps, didn't want him begging and much of the stuff we eat is actually toxic to them.

He is part Shepard and lab. Prior to this event he weighed about 58lbs. He is probably around 52lbs now.

We never feed him table scraps, didn't want him begging and much of the stuff we eat is actually toxic to them.

You sure .... he sounds like a Russian Wolf Chow...

Sorry about that shit. But, what's your point? :lurk:

We have 2 beagles, and we try as much as possible to keep them on dog food and dog food only. Of course, being beagles, they'll eat anything in sight, edible or not! Apparently, Buddy (older, dumber of the two) got into a huge bag of M&Ms and ate over a pound of 'em (as the vet tells it, good thing it was crappy chocolate, since the good stuff would've killed him!). Put him in his crate, started cleaning up, came back in...now Buddy is a really fussy dog, and he HATES messes in his crate. So he had to go...and didn't want to mess up his bed...so I come inside to find his crate spotless...and a foot-wide arc of doggie diarrhea originating from the corner of the crate. Looks like he backed into the corner, lifted his tail, and lit the fuse! That took 2 hours to get out of the carpet...and I threw up twice cleaning it up.

I love owning dogs! :)

We have 2 beagles, and we try as much as possible to keep them on dog food and dog food only. Of course, being beagles, they'll eat anything in sight, edible or not! Apparently, Buddy (older, dumber of the two) got into a huge bag of M&Ms and ate over a pound of 'em (as the vet tells it, good thing it was crappy chocolate, since the good stuff would've killed him!). Put him in his crate, started cleaning up, came back in...now Buddy is a really fussy dog, and he HATES messes in his crate. So he had to go...and didn't want to mess up his bed...so I come inside to find his crate spotless...and a foot-wide arc of doggie diarrhea originating from the corner of the crate. Looks like he backed into the corner, lifted his tail, and lit the fuse! That took 2 hours to get out of the carpet...and I threw up twice cleaning it up.

I love owning dogs! :)

~pounds on desk laughing so hard~

glad to hear your dog survived though

Archived