TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I wonder what a 2011 Terlingua would look like....

SPRSNK

I was tossing this idea around today. A 2011 Terlingua with a performance package would be a rather sweet car. I bet molesting the 2011 V6 Mustang would be quite a bit of fun.

That would be very cool, imo!

They'd have to get SVT or Roush to do the tune for them like they did for the GT350 since tuning with TiVCT is w-a-y more complex than on the old 4.0 (GT350 took half of forever -lol), but I think it could be pretty awesome. The '11 V6 is nearly as quick as the 2001 Cobra stock-for-stock.

In Nov '06 Ford showed a tube-framed rear-engine racer at SEMA built by Kirkham Motorsports and sporting a trnasversely-mounted, Ford-blessed, turbocharged version of the then-new 3.5 V6 -- rated at 500bHP!

So the 3.7 should have lots of potential with a Procharger or other Shelby-branded/prefered centrifugal. Could be a killer Terlingua upfit with better brakes, cooling, suspension, etc ...under 3500lbs and maybe even affordable!

A few months ago I doodled up this Grabber Blue toon while dreaming about a new Terlingua model.

(Stuffed a 3.5 TT in it, but could have just a much fun with a 3.7 performance version.)

2010V6Blue.jpg

A few months ago I doodled up this Grabber Blue toon while dreaming about a new Terlingua model.

(Stuffed a 3.5 TT in it, but could have just a much fun with a 3.7 performance version.)

2010V6Blue.jpg

I love the toon! Thatd be a lifesaver for me but theres no Terlingua to come, correct?

They are doing more than taking a hard look............They are finalizing the latest version of the new Terlingua and we should be hearing something (here's that word again) SOON. The new improved more performance less body parts Bunny is coming out to terrorize the tracks real soon. This is all I have till we hear more or the official announcement. lurk.gif

They are doing more than taking a hard look............They are finalizing the latest version of the new Terlingua and we should be hearing something (here's that word again) SOON. The new improved more performance less body parts Bunny is coming out to terrorize the tracks real soon. This is all I have till we hear more or the official announcement. lurk.gif

Whens soon? lol

Well, when I talked to Gary P. about this, he told me they were going to build it, but he didnt have a timetable, and I have had reservations about coming straight out with that information mainly because that may be a build they change their minds on. As great of a car as the Terlingua is, I have had doubts that they would tool up for the car if only 40-50 customers order one.

But that would be a scary fast bunny!!! I have heard the V6 is capabale of 350+ HP with nothing more than a change in tune. Can you imagine a supercharged V6 pushing 420 HP and getting 30+mpg? And if that is the package performance range, where is the top number REALLY at? 500HP? Ridiculous numbers really.

Archived