TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking into a terlingua

dbowles22

I've been lurking for a while and love everyones car on the website. Seeing all this beauty has been giving me a serious itch to pull the trigger on a shelby since I love everything that SHELBY stands for. I'm obviously young, and the money flow wont allow me to fufill my full fantasy. Right now just owning a shelby would be enough. I'm looking into buying a used V6 mustang and going with the base package. I love the uniqueness(?) of the Terlingua and it seem's like a perfect way to start. Obviously I have a bunch of questions and I was wondering if I could get some answers from everyone. I hope you don't take this as an unwanted visitor into a tight-knit community but I'm extremly excited as my fantasy of owning a shelby can finally become a reality.

I'm not looking for all out performance right away and what the base package offers is perfect for right now. Mods will come when the money comes obviously.

How does someone go about purchasing the package? Does the money need to be right upfront? I know that I'd rather have it done at Tasca since it is alot closer. The prices on the package have changed over the years and the same goes with the contents. Can anyone give me a straight foward answer on this?

Thanks,

Dan

I've been lurking for a while and love everyones car on the website. Seeing all this beauty has been giving me a serious itch to pull the trigger on a shelby since I love everything that SHELBY stands for. I'm obviously young, and the money flow wont allow me to fufill my full fantasy. Right now just owning a shelby would be enough. I'm looking into buying a used V6 mustang and going with the base package. I love the uniqueness(?) of the Terlingua and it seem's like a perfect way to start. Obviously I have a bunch of questions and I was wondering if I could get some answers from everyone. I hope you don't take this as an unwanted visitor into a tight-knit community but I'm extremly excited as my fantasy of owning a shelby can finally become a reality.

I'm not looking for all out performance right away and what the base package offers is perfect for right now. Mods will come when the money comes obviously.

How does someone go about purchasing the package? Does the money need to be right upfront? I know that I'd rather have it done at Tasca since it is alot closer. The prices on the package have changed over the years and the same goes with the contents. Can anyone give me a straight foward answer on this?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan

My name is Jeremy and I work in the sale office at Shelby in Las Vegas. If you would like you can give me a call at (702) 942-7325

or you can Email me a jeremyr@shelbyamerican.com and I can help answer any question that you have.

Obviously I have a bunch of questions and I was wondering if I could get some answers from everyone. I hope you don't take this as an unwanted visitor into a tight-knit community but I'm extremly excited as my fantasy of owning a shelby can finally become a reality.

First of all, no-one is an "unwanted visitor". Yes, we are a tight-knit bunch, but there's always room for more! You are very welome here!

Probably your best bet is to contact Tasca directly at 401-681-1300. They will be glad to answer all of your questions, but yes, they require a downpayment upfront. Good luck! Again, welcome! :D

Hi Dan

My name is Jeremy and I work in the sale office at Shelby in Las Vegas. If you would like you can give me a call at (702) 942-7325

or you can Email me a jeremyr@shelbyamerican.com and I can help answer any question that you have.

Thanks for the support. I've always respected what you guys have done at SAI. Right now im in the purchasing the car first stage and I dont want to get my hopes up too soon.

First of all, no-one is an "unwanted visitor". Yes, we are a tight-knit bunch, but there's always room for more! You are very welome here!

Probably your best bet is to contact Tasca directly at 401-681-1300. They will be glad to answer all of your questions, but yes, they require a downpayment upfront. Good luck! Again, welcome! :D

Thanks! I just did'nt want it to seem like a disrespectful kid was posting. THe car is going to be a daily driver so I'm trying to work everything out in my head as too when the best time to do it is and how to handle not having the car for a couple of months. I love the legend lime btw although I think if I do go for it, I'll be doing it in yellow

Dan, I don't know what your $ situation is right now, but there is a Terlingua for sale at a dealer in New York right now. Asking price is $36k, but I know they will come down to at least $32k. It is the performance package, so it's a $20k package. That means your only paying about $12 for the car. It looks to be a great deal.

Dan, I don't know what your $ situation is right now, but there is a Terlingua for sale at a dealer in New York right now. Asking price is $36k, but I know they will come down to at least $32k. It is the performance package, so it's a $20k package. That means your only paying about $12 for the car. It looks to be a great deal.

I wish but im still in college. I have a great summer job that pays verry well and a part time job during the school year. I know I make enough to be able to afford a base package but I cant finance that much right now because I also have to save. Im not blowing all my money on it because I have been saving for it but I do have a limit. Do you know what dealership though? I'd love to check out the car and get a feel for it

Dan welcome.

As Jeremy mentioned give him a call at Shelby American. Or as Vixen mentioned call Tasca. Here is a direct cell for Don at the mod shop 401-644-9464. He is new but can get you the answers. My car is there now see the SGT Mods section under the 9.8:1 Aluminator thread for more.

Good luck and welcome to the family. BTW you are very respectful so you are already part of the family. Oh and as soon as you get a car post pics no matter whether a V6 beater or top dog Shelby.

Dan welcome.

As Jeremy mentioned give him a call at Shelby American. Or as Vixen mentioned call Tasca. Here is a direct cell for Don at the mod shop 401-644-9464. He is new but can get you the answers. My car is there now see the SGT Mods section under the 9.8:1 Aluminator thread for more.

Good luck and welcome to the family. BTW you are very respectful so you are already part of the family. Oh and as soon as you get a car post pics no matter whether a V6 beater or top dog Shelby.

Will do. Anyone know the time frame that shelby will be doing the terlinguas? Id love to do it after christmas sometime next year. I dont want to bother anyone at Shelby or tasca till I know for sure that I'm going through with it. Is it half down deposit at the begining and half upon completion or full payment at once?

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

You are most welcome here, everyone is as has been said.

The Terlingua is a great car and as an owner and enthusiast/registrar for the Terlingua just ask if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer any I can.

Calling either SA or Tasca when are ready is the right place to start.

This link will show you the current package and price etc. http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles/Terlingua.asp

Welcome,

David

Dan welcome.

+1......welcome Dan.............

Welcome to the Bunny world and I own a base model Terlingua built by Tasca. I would expect a bit of a long lead time in the built process which does start with the upfront deposit. The cost and package items have changed since my build so my info won't be very actuate for your build,

but expect the deposit to be a significant part of whatever the current total price quote is for the base package.

I'm very happy with the base package, but did add a few extras to enhance the performance.

The 8.8 rear end upgrade with the 3.73 gear set makes a hugh different in the performance of the base model.

Also, I added the Ford CAI package, which was inital included in the base package, but had been dropped before Tasca started my built. (Had Tasca add this on after the Terlingua build was completed.)

I did add a few other Shelby models and later some other aftermarket mods before Tasca shipped my car.

Good luck with your project and ask away with any questions, and as you can see already, all of us hear in the Bunny World will help out as we can.

Welcome Dan, maybe give the dealer a call and see what options are available in regards to financing, I have heard, just a rumour that some dealerships are offering 10 year finacing on collector/specialty cars.....who knows your dreams may be closer than you think!!!!

Welcome to the Bunny world and I own a base model Terlingua built by Tasca. I would expect a bit of a long lead time in the built process which does start with the upfront deposit. The cost and package items have changed since my build so my info won't be very actuate for your build,

but expect the deposit to be a significant part of whatever the current total price quote is for the base package.

I'm very happy with the base package, but did add a few extras to enhance the performance.

The 8.8 rear end upgrade with the 3.73 gear set makes a hugh different in the performance of the base model.

Also, I added the Ford CAI package, which was inital included in the base package, but had been dropped before Tasca started my built. (Had Tasca add this on after the Terlingua build was completed.)

I did add a few other Shelby models and later some other aftermarket mods before Tasca shipped my car.

Good luck with your project and ask away with any questions, and as you can see already, all of us hear in the Bunny World will help out as we can.

Thanks everyone! I'm just concerned about the car in the winter. I dont know if it would make a good daily driver but I'm willing to make some compromises to own a shelby. Especially such a rare one that has an amazing following. My imagination side is telling me to pull the trigger but I dont know if its practical. I can always wait and save but it's killing me.

Nah, its totally driveable on the streets...you just have WAY more handling capabilities than 99% of the other cars on the road.

Having an 800HP car as your daily would wear you out. Having a full on Griggs Track setup would too.

Having a Terlingua with a stock setup is nothing but fun on the road and track....its easy and wont get away from you.

Thanks everyone! I'm just concerned about the car in the winter. I dont know if it would make a good daily driver but I'm willing to make some compromises to own a shelby. Especially such a rare one that has an amazing following. My imagination side is telling me to pull the trigger but I dont know if its practical. I can always wait and save but it's killing me.

For what its worth.....

Dont know where in NY you are....or how bad the Winters are, but my wife traded in her escape for a Shelby GT 2 years ago.

we put 4 snow tires on it in Winter and she goes like the wind thru snow and everything else ol man winter chukes our way...

its her daily driver 12 months a year.....very doable.........

The base Terlingua is a perfect daily driver! We drove ours every day this past winter, well except Christmas eve when we got 14 inches of snow in 6 hours :doh:

My daughter will be driving it to highschool all year this coming year. She absolutely loves the car! :shift:

Nah, its totally driveable on the streets...you just have WAY more handling capabilities than 99% of the other cars on the road.

Having an 800HP car as your daily would wear you out. Having a full on Griggs Track setup would too.

Having a Terlingua with a stock setup is nothing but fun on the road and track....its easy and wont get away from you.

This may be exactly what I have to do to afford the new Boss 302.............................. :banghead:

For what its worth.....

Dont know where in NY you are....or how bad the Winters are, but my wife traded in her escape for a Shelby GT 2 years ago.

we put 4 snow tires on it in Winter and she goes like the wind thru snow and everything else ol man winter chukes our way...

its her daily driver 12 months a year.....very doable.........

I'm on the island. I know I can handle the car in the winter but it's getting my parants comfortable with the idea of me driving a mustang' especially in the winter

The base Terlingua is a perfect daily driver! We drove ours every day this past winter, well except Christmas eve when we got 14 inches of snow in 6 hours :doh:

My daughter will be driving it to highschool all year this coming year. She absolutely loves the car! :shift:

Thats awesome! I wish i had one of these in highschool

Never let practicality get between you and your Shelby! :hysterical:

Will they still be making them a year from now? It would be great to drop it off in may and get it back in time for the end of summer and start of the school year. This is when I have a full time job and can afford to make the full payment if that is the only option

Archived