TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Getting Excited Again.

NVWSSV

After my little temper tantrum a few weeks ago, I lost some hope and was super bummed out at the realization that I wasn’t going to be one of the first on the block with a GT500. But now, with the rumors of the GT350H floating around, I’m starting to get really excited again. In fact, I’m thinking if that GT350H does come out, it may be a more realistic car for me. Five Oh B, can I be first on your list? Please don’t hold the Tundra against me.

After my little temper tantrum a few weeks ago, I lost some hope and was super bummed out at the realization that I wasn’t going to be one of the first on the block with a GT500. But now, with the rumors of the GT350H floating around, I’m starting to get really excited again. In fact, I’m thinking if that GT350H does come out, it may be a more realistic car for me. Five Oh B, can I be first on your list? Please don’t hold the Tundra against me.

You & me both, my friend. Count on it to be at the New York Show in April. '350's are nice, now let's see if we can get kicked to the bottom of that list, too!!! :hysterical:

Next go 'round, I do a contract in writing, reviewed by a lawyer!!! :nonono:

You & me both, my friend. Count on it to be at the New York Show in April. '350's are nice, now let's see if we can get kicked to the bottom of that list, too!!! :hysterical:

Next go 'round, I do a contract in writing, reviewed by a lawyer!!! :nonono:

Do take all necessary measures. :angry2:

If they are planning a GT350 I wonder why they would refer to it as a GT350H? The "H" stood for Hertz and were originally all rental cars - they weren't sold new to the public. They had a different brake booster and most had automatic transmissions because they were intended as rental cars. If memory serves me correctly they may have had a smaller carb too. When the leases were up on the original cars a number of them were sent back to Shelby with 289 2-barrel engines. People would rent them, take them home for the weekend and swap the engines into their regular Mustangs! I'm in the rental car business - these kind of stories give me nightmares!

I believe you're right on all counts, Owenkelly. As far as the "H", I believe Ford owns some, if not all, of Hertz. An' another thing--I wonder if they'll do it right and offer as many as are ordered. or make this a limited run. :shrug: I've already heard it both ways.

I believe Hertz was being sold by Ford last year. They need the cashflow.

If the GT350H becomes a reality, come see me, NVWSSV. You deserve to be treated well and we would be upfront and honest with you. So far, nobody has approached us about the GT350H, but then again, the car is only a rumor at this time so we don't have a list started for it.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 25 2006, 12:14 PM) 6016[/snapback]

If the GT350H becomes a reality, come see me, NVWSSV. You deserve to be treated well and we would be upfront and honest with you.

Very classy Five Oh! :beerchug:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 25 2006, 12:14 PM) 6016[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If the GT350H becomes a reality, come see me, NVWSSV. You deserve to be treated well and we would be upfront and honest with you.

Very classy Five Oh! :beerchug:

EXACTLY what he said. :rockon:

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 25 2006, 10:14 AM) 6016[/snapback]

If the GT350H becomes a reality, come see me, NVWSSV. You deserve to be treated well and we would be upfront and honest with you. So far, nobody has approached us about the GT350H, but then again, the car is only a rumor at this time so we don't have a list started for it.

Thanks Five Oh :happy feet:. The moment the GT350H hits the stage in NY I'll be calling you up. I'd sooooo much rather buy a car from you. You've been awesome on this forum and I trust every post you put up. You're obviously an honest guy that treats his customers with the "Golden Rule", and that's very much appreciated.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 25 2006, 10:14 AM) 6016[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks Five Oh :happy feet:. The moment the GT350H hits the stage in NY I'll be calling you up. I'd sooooo much rather buy a car from you. You've been awesome on this forum and I trust every post you put up. You're obviously an honest guy that treats his customers with the "Golden Rule", and that's very much appreciated.

Gosh, that's very nice of you to say. I can't tell you how worried I was that everyone would put us on the bad-dealer list when we accepted all those offers of $10K over MSRP for our GT500's. Hopefully, the GT350's (if they ever materialize) will have a much more affordable price tag.

I hope everyone knows that I'm on this forum not just to give out info, but to get info, too. Sometimes, I learn more from Mustang forums than Ford teaches us. And I often learn about new news in the forums before Ford announces that same news officially for dealers! Ah, the power of the internet!!!! Plus, I'm a Mustang fanatic long before I ever worked in the business. My first car (20+ years ago) was a Mustang Mach 1, I currently own a new Mach 1, and have had 5 Mustangs over the years. Heck, I even have a Mustang tattoo. I must be crazy.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 27 2006, 07:25 PM) 6140[/snapback]

Gosh, that's very nice of you to say. I can't tell you how worried I was that everyone would put us on the bad-dealer list when we accepted all those offers of $10K over MSRP for our GT500's. Hopefully, the GT350's (if they ever materialize) will have a much more affordable price tag.

I hope everyone knows that I'm on this forum not just to give out info, but to get info, too. Sometimes, I learn more from Mustang forums than Ford teaches us. And I often learn about new news in the forums before Ford announces that same news officially for dealers! Ah, the power of the internet!!!! Plus, I'm a Mustang fanatic long before I ever worked in the business. My first car (20+ years ago) was a Mustang Mach 1, I currently own a new Mach 1, and have had 5 Mustangs over the years. Heck, I even have a Mustang tattoo. I must be crazy.

Worried about being put on the bad dealer list - nah, everyone here knows your straight up honest. Was that pic of you with your tat and wife taken at The Mustang Round-Up? Sure looks like the BCC parking lot.

I think it is at the Mustang round-up.

I will try to come over next year for a vacation, Brian. Want to spend 3 to 4 weeks in the NW. Next year the kids have summer vacation starting earlier than this year. This year it starts at 24 July and that's too late for that show.

Worried about being put on the bad dealer list - nah, everyone here knows your straight up honest. Was that pic of you with your tat and wife taken at The Mustang Round-Up? Sure looks like the BCC parking lot.

Yep, that's the 2005 Mustang Round-Up at Bellevue Community College - good eyes! They put us '03-04 Mach 1 and '01 Bullitts way out in a far away lot so we had to hike forever to get to the center stage. Darn Saleens always get to be right up front! There was a great 1965 Shelby GT350 display on hand - the very first one, the very last one, and the VIN right in the middle were all parked together!

The picture with my tat is kinda washed out by all the sunlight. Coloring is nice and rich, with good "chrome" highlights. I actually took a real fender emblem into the tattoo parlor to make sure that he got it exactly right. I've seen a few bad ones on other guys that looked like the artist was trying to recreate it from memory.

I try to enter my Mustangs in the Round-Up every year. Where else can you see 1500 Mustangs in one place at one time?!

I think it is at the Mustang round-up.

I will try to come over next year for a vacation, Brian. Want to spend 3 to 4 weeks in the NW. Next year the kids have summer vacation starting earlier than this year. This year it starts at 24 July and that's too late for that show.

Sorry you'll miss the show, but there is another show worth seeing in the middle of August in Kent, WA, USA at the dealership I work for. Every year we let the Pacific Cascade Mustang Club host their annual Ford & Mustang show at our dealership. We had about 230 classic Fords and Mustangs at last year's show and typically have over 200 cars every year in the show. It's not 1,500 Mustangs like the Mustang Round-Up, but ours is free to enter, free to watch, and free food & drinks for all.

On a side note, my wife and I will likely visit the Netherlands in the next year or two. Her parents were born near Amsterdam and immigrated to the USA in 1961. My wife was born in the USA, but visits family in Holland every few years. And some of here family in Holland visits us every few years. My father-in-law reads the Dutch newspapers online every morning. The Dutch are some of the nicest people I've ever met (that must be why I married a Dutch girl!).

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 28 2006, 09:32 PM) 6229[/snapback]

On a side note, my wife and I will likely visit the Netherlands in the next year or two. Her parents were born near Amsterdam and immigrated to the USA in 1961. My wife was born in the USA, but visits family in Holland every few years. And some of here family in Holland visits us every few years. My father-in-law reads the Dutch newspapers online every morning. The Dutch are some of the nicest people I've ever met (that must be why I married a Dutch girl!).

You are invited to stop by. If you like it, I can send you a Pony Corral, our club magazine. PM your address.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 28 2006, 12:32 PM) 6229[/snapback]

There was a great 1965 Shelby GT350 display on hand - the very first one, the very last one, and the VIN right in the middle were all parked together!

You mean these Shelby's?

It was a cool display. How about the guy restoring his GT350 right next to the display, now that was cool. If I remember, he was from Portland.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 28 2006, 12:32 PM) 6229[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

There was a great 1965 Shelby GT350 display on hand - the very first one, the very last one, and the VIN right in the middle were all parked together!

You mean these Shelby's?

It was a cool display. How about the guy restoring his GT350 right next to the display, now that was cool. If I remember, he was from Portland.

Yes, yes, those are the ones! I took almost the same pictures of them. Here's a few pics of my Mach 1 from the 2004 show....

post-2549-1143591587_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1143591617_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1143591676_thumb.jpg

And, because this is a Shelby forum, how about this pic I took at the 2004 Round-Up of a row of Shelby Mustangs.....

post-2549-1143591766_thumb.jpg

Or even more appropriately, since this thread is about the GT350H, I also shot this pic at the same show.....

post-2549-1143591827_thumb.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 28 2006, 12:32 PM) 6229[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

You mean these Shelby's?

There was just an article on #003 in Mustang Monthly. Interesting history.

There was just an article on #003 in Mustang Monthly. Interesting history.

Yes, I read that too last week. Especially the story that the original owner heard clunking under the rear seat. It was an aluminum intake set up for 8 Weber carbs. Very rare.

Archived