TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First 100 days

Akos (AJ)

Here in the US there is a wonderful tradition to evaluate the new President's first 100 days in the office.

It's been almost 100 days since Amy left Shelby and John Luft took over. Back then, everybody had an opinion about the change of guard.

How do you think they have been doing in the last 3 months? Has anything changed?

I personally can't comment because I have not dealt with Shelby during this time. By keeping in touch with some old friends, from the outside it seems they have been working very hard, there is no doubt about that. But have they been successful in turning things around?

I'm new here, and new to Shelby. My first contact with them was in early April to discuss the SR and SC upgrades, so I was only with them a few weeks before the big change. I never met Amy, haven't met John either, but the people that work for them have all been great. Sometimes it takes awhile to get a call-back, but always within a day, usually the same day. I've dealt with 4 people in production, one in sales, and front office staff. All cheerful, you can tell they like where they work. Who wouldn't? I got the best call I could ask for this afternoon, my car will be ready tomorrow! I'll leave home at about 9:00 for the two-hour trip and drive home in my "new" 08 Shelby Supercharged convertible. It's been a long 3 months!

The only thing I have see since the change is the "Shelby-Roush" Mustang. I wander how Amy is doing over at WCC. I have been to there web site many times since she left SAI and went to WCC and there has yet to be any mention of her being there. I figured WCC would have played that up.

I think it would be cool for SAI to work on getting there own TV Show just like Orange County Choppers. They could air just before OCC. It would be cool to see them building all the different Shelby's and the Prototypes and Test Drives and once in a while Carroll can can walk in and raise a little cane.

I think it would be cool for SAI to work on getting there own TV Show just like Orange County Choppers. They could air just before OCC. It would be cool to see them building all the different Shelby's and the Prototypes and Test Drives and once in a while Carroll can can walk in and raise a little cane.

.............and Carroll could have a cooking segment, and school us all on how to make 'the best' chili!! :hysterical:

For me Amy was very involved in Shelby Bash. Always there to assist, meet and greet etc. Bud was awesome also. Curious how the next bash will be. Other than that, no dealings lately with SAI. That a good thing becouse it means my GT-H SC is doing OK. :happy feet:

The only thing I have see since the change is the "Shelby-Roush" Mustang. I wander how Amy is doing over at WCC. I have been to there web site many times since she left SAI and went to WCC and there has yet to be any mention of her being there. I figured WCC would have played that up.

You are making a valid point IMHO...

That is about the LAST thing I want to see from Shelby. It would be very cool to see the cars being worked on, but a reality TV show? Reality TV is rotting people's brains out. :finger:

Your question presumes that something needed to be turned around.

Based on my experience with SAI earlier this year there was a lot of room for improvement;

Once I decided to take the plunge & do my CS6 build I e-mailed SAI for details on how to arrange for the work to be done there. I e-mailed again, waited patiently for a response, tried again. I phoned, my call got the same response as my e-mails i.e. nothing. I tried one last time to make contact & voila an e-mail reply...sadly, after I e-mailed back with a couple of quick questions, one e-mail per customer seemed to be the limit as I never heard from anyone at SAI again.

I turned to Sean Hyland Motorsports (Canada's only authorised Mod-Shop) for help - their response was immediate. They answered all of my questions very graciously and after the question of a CSM was settled (sadly, just to correct the only e-mail from SAI in saying that a CS6 did not receive a CSM) they tried their utmost to gain co-operation from SAI to ship a complete CS6 Turn2 kit to me. SAI took no fewer than 6 deliveries, spread over 4 months, to get my complete (supposedly ready to ship in one go in March) conversion kit to SHM to ship to me.

I love my CS6 but SAI just didn't seem interested in taking money from me to do it or in telling SHM the truth about the completeness of the kit.

I haven't had dealings with SAI since then but I sincerely hope that they get their act together.

Archived