TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original 83 owner checking in :)

Hi guys Wildbill here yea we still have the ol Charger but she's wearing a little thin I put some new floors in her and have long since changed the engine current is a late 2.5 with turbo II rods with JE pistons and a alum flywheel a buddy made..Thats a problem I cant keep a clutch in it.Even when we ran this type setup on our oval track mini stock we the same problem.What are you guys running and were do you sorce your flywheel clutch parts.Im a car guy and have finished a FFR coupe and many other projects but sorcing hipo parts for these has allways been a challenge for me.Thanks Bill

Hi guys Wildbill here yea we still have the ol Charger but she's wearing a little thin I put some new floors in her and have long since changed the engine current is a late 2.5 with turbo II rods with JE pistons and a alum flywheel a buddy made..Thats a problem I cant keep a clutch in it.Even when we ran this type setup on our oval track mini stock we the same problem.What are you guys running and were do you sorce your flywheel clutch parts.Im a car guy and have finished a FFR coupe and many other projects but sorcing hipo parts for these has allways been a challenge for me.Thanks Bill

FWD Performance

• 8 months later...

Yo! Wild Bill: I take it from the old date here that you've solved your problem. The message headlne says original '83 Shelby owner but this sounds extensively modified.

Bought my '83 1/2 in March of 1983, have run it all over the country and maintained as I go. Still driving it but having a recent problem with getting enough volts at highway speeds and rpms at or above 3000. Only 500 miles on a new alternator. I'm going to tackle tightening the belt first and procced with tests from there. Keeping the car 95% original means I still have the voltage regulator on the firewall too. Ha.

I'm just an old-school guy trying to maintain, and learn new-school on my daily driver which is a GT Cruiser with SRT4 turbo motor attached to a 5 speed Getrag. 224 hp dyno at the wheels and 268 lbs torque. K & N, & Heart Throb cat-back exhaust is all I've changed on the GT. 'More concerned about the '83 at the moment. Hope you've solved the problem with the clutch and would be interested in learning what the solution was, for future reference. Thanks. LES

Yo! Wild Bill: I take it from the old date here that you've solved your problem. The message headlne says original '83 Shelby owner but this sounds extensively modified.

Bought my '83 1/2 in March of 1983, have run it all over the country and maintained as I go. Still driving it but having a recent problem with getting enough volts at highway speeds and rpms at or above 3000. Only 500 miles on a new alternator. I'm going to tackle tightening the belt first and procced with tests from there. Keeping the car 95% original means I still have the voltage regulator on the firewall too. Ha.

I'm just an old-school guy trying to maintain, and learn new-school on my daily driver which is a GT Cruiser with SRT4 turbo motor attached to a 5 speed Getrag. 224 hp dyno at the wheels and 268 lbs torque. K & N, & Heart Throb cat-back exhaust is all I've changed on the GT. 'More concerned about the '83 at the moment. Hope you've solved the problem with the clutch and would be interested in learning what the solution was, for future reference. Thanks. LES

Archived