TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender Stripes?

hightorque3413

This may be the wrong forum for this question but I was curious as to why so many people have those two stripes on their left fender? What is the significance of those stripes. I like the way they look and would like some on my car but I dont want to misrepresent my self as something I am not. Thanks. :headscratch:

My understanding - the fender stripes were originally used by racing teams that had more than one car in a race. All cars were likely painted with the same color scheme, so different color stripes - on the pit side of the cars - were used to distinguish them as the cars pitted. This was especially true of Shelby Racing teams. Today - I think this is still somewhat true. Though many get stripes after simply using a track - and it's seen as "earing their stripes" - to symbolize the car has seen the track. The look has caught on - and more simply add the stripes with no story behind it - which is entirely fine.

My understanding - the fender stripes were originally used by racing teams that had more than one car in a race. All cars were likely painted with the same color scheme, so different color stripes - on the pit side of the cars - were used to distinguish them as the cars pitted. This was especially true of Shelby Racing teams. Today - I think this is still somewhat true. Though many get stripes after simply using a track - and it's seen as "earing their stripes" - to symbolize the car has seen the track. The look has caught on - and more simply add the stripes with no story behind it - which is entirely fine.

That makes sense. I ordered my car on June 14th and hope to earn my stripes when it arrives. Thanks for the info. :shift:

This may be the wrong forum for this question but I was curious as to why so many people have those two stripes on their left fender? What is the significance of those stripes. I like the way they look and would like some on my car but I dont want to misrepresent my self as something I am not. Thanks. :headscratch:

go down to the Shelby GT discussion there is a long thread about the fender stripes all your questions should be answered there

. and there is some colorful discussion there also and that makes for some fun reading :rant2:

JIM

283351-R1-08-7A.jpg :lurk:

283351-R1-08-7A.jpg

Archived