TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Shelby GT I've seen at a dealer

90GT

It looks pretty similar to mine option wise except for the Shaker 1000. That is a $1295 upcharge over my Hhaker 500. My MSRP is $39,110+$1,295=$40,405 for this one. I can't tell if it has the Active anti-theft and it looks like it doesn't have the wheel locks. So you may have to take $300-$600 of of it. They start at $36,970 with a cloth interior and no options.

It looks pretty similar to mine option wise except for the Shaker 1000. I have the shaker 500. My MSRP is $39,110. They start at $36,970 with a cloth interior and no options.

I think he's asking a wee bit over MSRP for the car, highest bid is at 45k plus.

..I was just looking at that car last night (peering thru the window with the lights dim) on the way back from a local mustang meet here in kc. Thought it was just a cheap imitation because right outside they had a 6 cylinder mustang with a shelby badge also. Guess I have to go back and take a closer look. They are currently asking 20K over for the shelby; supposedly signed by CS so it is worth more :banghead:

Im not trying to crap on these cars but.....

I had one on order and im real glad i cancelled. So so performance ,Black cars are ugly IMHO and way overpriced, just for a mustang gt with the shelby name on it .At least the gt 500 has a motor.

To be real honest, I do love my car however i think these and the shelby gts are only fetching the $$ because of the great advertising and the hype that has been done on these cars and rather not merit.

Specially on the GT, That car is way overpriced when you take into consideration the ADMs.These things are fetching more than sticker of a gt-500.Once again, at least we got the motor.You could duplicate that car for less than $1000 in aftermarket parts.I do however understand there is a certain feeling you get from buying a shelby different than a modded mustang.If i didnt, i wouldnt own a shelby 500. Great conversation piece and i do like the fact that you can order it with different options and interiors but alot of money for the car itself.

I strongly feel that once the challenger and camaros come out,These cars with depreciate faster than the titanic sunk.Ford is REAL lucky they decided to bring these cars out while nobody else was in the market. Some of us as high adm paying owners are surley in for a suprise when we are no longer the "new kid in town".

10 years ago , there were no hundred thousand dollar shelbys. Im willing to bet in 10 more, there will be no more also. people who are buying these paying crazy$$ for the name are in for a suprise.

I will say that if you could buy one at MSRP, Not really a bad deal to have a shelby for around $35k. Once you start getting into ADMs and such, I feel buyers are being robbed because they think its going to hold its value.You will see thee cars for $25k used a year after production ends.I would not want to lose 20K in a year.......Although if a buyer plans on keeping the car forever, price does not matter. The truth is 75% of people who plan to keep it, end up selling within a few years.Thats what i hate so much about ford dealers . They will sell a thousand focus at $1000 below invoice. Then they feel the need to draw blood on something thats sellable at MSRP. Scumbags.

......minus color, there are more options and choices with the Shelby GT and that is before you open up the Shelby Autos parts page. I didn't pay an ADM and even if I add $15K in supercharger, brakes, wheels and other parts I am still below what dealers in SoCal are asking for GT500s ($20-30K ADM).

Either way to each his own opinion and enjoy your cars.

......minus color, there are more options and choices with the Shelby GT and that is before you open up the Shelby Autos parts page. I didn't pay an ADM and even if I add $15K in supercharger, brakes, wheels and other parts I am still below what dealers in SoCal are asking for GT500s ($20-30K ADM).

Either way to each his own opinion and enjoy your cars.

Any shelby at MSRP is a good deal.Its the dealers and idiots like us who pay them above MSRP who are at fault. I paid $18k over myself. As much as i love the car, I think i should have waited I really think these cars have seen the top and they are on the way down.Shelby gt owners are not gioing to feel it as much because of the short run of cars and MOST are pre sold. I feel bad for the guy who buys an in stock shelby gt though. They are fetchin at minimum $10k over on ebay.$45K for a mustang GT with 325 HP is ALOOOOOT of money.......

These things are fetching more than sticker of a gt-500.Once again, at least we got the motor.You could duplicate that car for less than $1000 in aftermarket parts.

Without getting into the value of the car, you can't duplicate it for less than $1000 in aftermarket parts. The intake, shifter, suspension, and exhaust will set you back an easy $2500-$3000 when factoring in labor, then there's the other cosmetic items they add. Obviously if all you wanted was the performance, you could do it for far less then the $40k MSRP, but that's not why people buy these cars.

Without getting into the value of the car, you can't duplicate it for less than $1000 in aftermarket parts. The intake, shifter, suspension, and exhaust will set you back an easy $2500-$3000 when factoring in labor, then there's the other cosmetic items they add. Obviously if all you wanted was the performance, you could do it for far less then the $40k MSRP, but that's not why people buy these cars.

Well said Rat.

Hows that Red GT of yours these days. I bet your still having a blast with it. Any recent photos ?

Well said Rat.

Hows that Red GT of yours these days. I bet your still having a blast with it. Any recent photos ?

I don't have any plans cosmetically for my car, however, I do plan on doing cams in a few weeks - they're a custom grind from Comp Cams and leaves the door open down the road to add a supercharger. B) ...stay tuned.

Archived