TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all AR Owners!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I miss my great circle of Shelby friends now that i've moved from Illinois to Arkansas so time to build a new cool group to hang and cruise with.

Who's out there?

Chime in!

-Jeff

I'm a "part timer" in Arkansas. I own a cabin near Caddo Gap (about 7 miles west of Glenwood). I'll be in Arkansas 10 days beginning October 22. If the housing market here in Florida wasn't so flat I'd be in Arkansas permanently. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike!

I'm in NW AR near Bentonville. Yeah this heat is crazy but I guess it's a problem all over. I never thought I wouid look forward to the fall!

:banghead:

LOL we call that Little Mexico. 2 big corporations there...Wal-Mart and Tyson. Seriously, it is a beautiful area though. The Ozarks are spectacular in the fall. If you're not a hog fan, you will be shortly. :)

Moved here for a new job with Walmart in the enterprise software group.

So far so good!

:-)

Do they still make IT people wear ties ? My uncle was a COBOL/CICS programmer there for a number of years. I remember him telling me when they walked from WM to Sam's across the street they made them take off their ties. Seemed pretty silly. Good luck, I hear they run a tight ship there. I work in enterprise software too...mainly IBM/Java based stuff.

Do they still make IT people wear ties ? My uncle was a COBOL/CICS programmer there for a number of years. I remember him telling me when they walked from WM to Sam's across the street they made them take off their ties. Seemed pretty silly. Good luck, I hear they run a tight ship there. I work in enterprise software too...mainly IBM/Java based stuff.

Nope no ties! ;-)

We do a lot of java and work a lot with IBM and IBM software.

Hopefully catch up with you at some event soon!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have had my GT500 for over a year. I live just east of Fort Smith.

I'll be in Caddo Gap, Arkansas (30 miles west of Hot Springs) from October 22 -November 1st. I own a nice cabin there located on 5 acres on Collier Creek.(www.colliercreekcabin.com) I'm bringing my SGT. A lot of great cruising back roads in the area. Any Arkansas folks want to meet up for lunch, dinner, drinks, and talk Shelby ?? Maybe a mini-car show, the cabin is on a rural paved road OR maybe meet at a central location ??

I'll be in Caddo Gap, Arkansas (30 miles west of Hot Springs) from October 22 -November 1st. I own a nice cabin there located on 5 acres on Collier Creek.(www.colliercreekcabin.com) I'm bringing my SGT. A lot of great cruising back roads in the area. Any Arkansas folks want to meet up for lunch, dinner, drinks, and talk Shelby ?? Maybe a mini-car show, the cabin is on a rural paved road OR maybe meet at a central location ??

That would be a nice drive from NWA!

Anyone want to make it an area get together?

EDIT: We can caravan up in the morning!?!?!

• 2 months later...

I am from NE arkansas (Corning) I have a 2011 shelby conv. It would be nice to have some shows or drives sometime. Marc

On Memorial Day there is a nice car show in Mt. Ida, Arkansas which is about 30 miles east of Hot Springs. Mt. Ida is in the heart of the Quachita Mountians with scenic drives from just about any direction, particularly Arkansas Route 7 and another through Jasper, Arkansas. The show is held on the Montgomery County Courthouse Square and is a family event. The Mt. Ida Chamber of Commerce web page has the details. Larry ( part time in Arkansas, part time in Florida)

On Memorial Day there is a nice car show in Mt. Ida, Arkansas which is about 30 miles east of Hot Springs. Mt. Ida is in the heart of the Quachita Mountians with scenic drives from just about any direction, particularly Arkansas Route 7 and another through Jasper, Arkansas. The show is held on the Montgomery County Courthouse Square and is a family event. The Mt. Ida Chamber of Commerce web page has the details. Larry ( part time in Arkansas, part time in Florida)

State Highway 7 from I-30 in Arkadelphia North up through Hot Springs is a wonderful drive with lots of curves and very scenic. The marina on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs just off 7 has great seafood and oysters when in season.

GG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been warmer in Arkansas then it has been here in central Florida lately. I think I may go to my cabin in Arkansas to warm up !!!!!

Well, it's 57 right now going to 60 again, but you know how it is, the 40's will be back soon enough!

Stay in Florida!

:happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I know it's ben a little cold, and those of us in NWA have had a dusting of snow, but let's start thinking and talking spring!

There have been some GREAT suggestions thrown out over the last few months but let's get serious and plan something to kick off the new year.

Let's discuss a cruise and get together in the April/May timeframe? The above Mt. Ida show sounds REALLY cool but is it to late in the year? Do we want/need something earlier?

Thoughts?

Yes, I know it's ben a little cold, and those of us in NWA have had a dusting of snow, but let's start thinking and talking spring!

There have been some GREAT suggestions thrown out over the last few months but let's get serious and plan something to kick off the new year.

Let's discuss a cruise and get together in the April/May timeframe? The above Mt. Ida show sounds REALLY cool but is it to late in the year? Do we want/need something earlier?

Thoughts?

mid-March or early April has fairly decent weather usually. Memorial day weekend is always good (temperature). The Quachita Mountains are really pretty in the spring with some great driving roads, especially in the Jasper area all the way down to Mt. Ida. The ladies would like the shopping in the Hot Springs historic downtown (35 minutes east of Mt. Ida), good restaurants as well. Arkansas is one of the better kept secrets, not great for jobs, but not crowded in the Quachitas. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived