TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Advice Please

notimeoff

Hello Folks,

It's Great to find you on Team Shelby... I would like to ask for some advice. I have two Shelby Dakota's #612 with 129,000+ miles on it and #1373 with 13,265 miles on it. Both are Original Equipment. (except tires and battery)

I Recently took #1373 out of storage ...replaced a dead battery with a new die hard. Went out for a ride. I noticed the tachometer was acting erratic. Now, it does not register correctly or respond very well when you fluctuate RPMs. It appears to cold crank harder than normal as well. I remember this happening to #612 in 1990 or so... but not what we did to fix it. I checked the ECU and had no abnormal codes.

Could it be the distributor pickup coil or a bad ground, with out an error code?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rick

Hello Folks,

It's Great to find you on Team Shelby... I would like to ask for some advice. I have two Shelby Dakota's #612 with 129,000+ miles on it and #1373 with 13,265 miles on it. Both are Original Equipment. (except tires and battery)

I Recently took #1373 out of storage ...replaced a dead battery with a new die hard. Went out for a ride. I noticed the tachometer was acting erratic. Now, it does not register correctly or respond very well when you fluctuate RPMs. It appears to cold crank harder than normal as well. I remember this happening to #612 in 1990 or so... but not what we did to fix it. I checked the ECU and had no abnormal codes.

Could it be the distributor pickup coil or a bad ground, with out an error code?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rick

buy a new ground strap from Mopar from the battery to the block, make sure the small line to the body gets connected. Consider adding a couple more grounds

buy a new ground strap from Mopar from the battery to the block, make sure the small line to the body gets connected. Consider adding a couple more grounds

Fantastic Advice... I will get a new Ground Strap tomorrow. Although this one is garaged the block and ground points do show some areas that could be cleaner for grounds. I might not have ever remembered or thought about that, Thank You! I also …do remember adding additional grounds back then, even one on an eyelet on the mounting bolt behind the SMEC, although the box is not conductive. (Shows my age). Once again: Thank You so much for the advice and jogging my memory!

Rick

Archived